AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 10:06   Link #341
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
So, who will voice Kuro-nyan, then?
Taketatsu Ayana obviously
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 10:16   Link #342
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

JC Staff doesn't really invest that much into seiyuus, and when they do, it's mostly one-shot characters. They normally go for the obscure ones or those they're familiar with if they're going to appear in practically more than half the scenes. Case in point. Who knew of Nobuhiko Okamoto, Atsushi Abe and Yuka Iguchi before Index came along?

As for characters with rare appearances (or even one-arcs) and notable seiyuus, here's a list for Index side only.

Aleister Crowley (Seki Toshihiko)
Aureolus Izzard (Kyon-kun denwa~)
Etzali (Kishio Daisuke)
Sherry Cromwell (Watanabe Akeno)
Orsola Aquinas (Endo Aya)
Agnese Sanctis (Urusai Urusai Urusai!)
Lucia (Ise Mariya)
Musujime Awaki (Sakurai Harumi. Technically, she's not as famous as Hanazawa Kana, but she did have a starring role in Angel Beats.)
Oriana Thomson (Yuzuki Ryoka)
Ridovia Lorenzetti (Sakuma Rei)
Biagio Busoni (Do I even have to say this?)
Kihara Amata (Fujiwara Keiji)
Acqua (Tochi Hiroki)
Hamazura (Hino Satoshi, though his fame came from JC Staff as well)

For Index, the highest profile would probably be Ito Shizuka. Railgun seems to be the exception for now since we're focusing on Index. If I have to, the most I'll mention is the highest profiles would be half the K-On main cast, Ito Kanae, Hanazawa Kana, Ohara Sayaka (wait, are they all females?)

Anyway, if there's just one guy, one request, it'll be for either Seki Tomokazu and Hiyama Nobuyuki to voice Gunha...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 11:01   Link #343
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
For Index, the highest profile would probably be Ito Shizuka.
ZOMG TOP FREAKING PERCENTAGE! How about her as Mental Out Misaki?

Quote:
If I have to, the most I'll mention is the highest profiles would be half the K-On main cast, Ito Kanae, Hanazawa Kana, Ohara Sayaka (wait, are they all females?
Isn't it sad if we need more males? Well, at least until the NT adaptation, anyway.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 16:55   Link #344
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
JC Staff doesn't really invest that much into seiyuus, and when they do, it's mostly one-shot characters. They normally go for the obscure ones or those they're familiar with if they're going to appear in practically more than half the scenes. Case in point. Who knew of Nobuhiko Okamoto, Atsushi Abe and Yuka Iguchi before Index came along?
I didn't know who Satou Rina was either, and Ai Kayano was a nobody up until a year ago

In any case this shouldn't be a problem as most of those characters we were talking about were only prominent in their story arcs, and even then they have less than average scriptime.

Btw, you also forgot Himegami Aisa's Mamiko Noto, is this intentional?
Old 2012-03-28, 17:39   Link #345
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
As for characters with rare appearances (or even one-arcs) and notable seiyuus, here's a list for Index side only.
Well, don't forget Vento of the Front who was voiced by Akiko Hiramatsu who is notably known for voicing BT (.hack//SIGN), Yukari Tanizaki (Azumanga Daioh), Calaveras (Sailor Moon), Fuko Kirisawa (Flame of Recca), Young/Chibi Giroro (Sgt. Frog), Miyabi (Ai Yori Aoshi) and especially Miyuki Kobayakawa (You're Under Arrest in 3 seasons, OVAs, and one movie over a span of almost 14 years).

Quote:
Anyway, if there's just one guy, one request, it'll be for either Seki Tomokazu and Hiyama Nobuyuki to voice Gunha...
I'd love it! Tomokazu Seki is always very good with any character I've known since I started watching anime.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 04:05   Link #346
Ohara

Kinuhata Saiai ? Who would be good for her?
Ohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 05:35   Link #347
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohara View Post
Kinuhata Saiai ? Who would be good for her?
Horie Yui.
Old 2012-06-17, 19:59   Link #348
Ilidsor
Angelerator

So, I was just re-reading New Testament 2 and I noticed something that gave me a sudden theory about Othinus's goals (or at least one of them). Touma thinks:

Quote:
“…The problem is which set of rules will succeed if science and magic clash- no, technically that isn’t it. If things tilt in either direction, the situation will no longer be one where both sides can accept the other in the end. If we want to truly resolve this, we need to create a third side that does not belong to the other two.”
And what is Othinus trying to do? Create a holistic esper. This would create an entirely new set of laws which could be used to balance out the other two. I mean think about it, Othinus is a majin and doesn't even want to become one because it might make her unable to use her magic. And I'm guessing that she can't use it to solve her 50/50 problem because it isn't connected to magic. So what other reason is there? She's already got GREMLIN so why would she need to create a whole new side?

Also when are Kamachi's villains ever just evil for the sake of evil? All the ones (that I can think of) that have lasted for more than a volume have some sort of good intention, or used to. Even most of the single volume villains have good intentions.

As always, sorry if this has been brought up before.
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 20:12   Link #349
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
And what is Othinus trying to do? Create a holistic esper. This would create an entirely new set of laws which could be used to balance out the other two. I mean think about it, Othinus is a majin and doesn't even want to become one because it might make her unable to use her magic. And I'm guessing that she can't use it to solve her 50/50 problem because it isn't connected to magic. So what other reason is there? She's already got GREMLIN so why would she need to create a whole new side?
Corrections; you don't 'unwillingly' become a Maijin, Othinus definitely wants to become one, otherwise she wouldn't have taken pride in it while mocking Ollerus for failing. The 50:50 problem is either an unforeseen setback, or something that she knew needs to be overcome.

As far as we know at this point, the purpose of a Holistic Esper is to rewrite the laws so that she isn't bound by 50:50.
Old 2012-06-17, 20:37   Link #350
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^Sorry that was bad wording. I meant she didn't want to become a holistic esper, not a majin. And I'm think the 50/50 thing is what the spear is for (whatever it's called) beause that is actually connected to odin.
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 20:45   Link #351
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
^Sorry that was bad wording. I meant she didn't want to become a holistic esper, not a majin. And I'm think the 50/50 thing is what the spear is for (whatever it's called) beause that is actually connected to odin.
The spear Gungnir, which never misses its target- hence removing the 50:50?

Could it be that simple?
Old 2012-06-17, 21:14   Link #352
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The spear Gungnir, which never misses its target- hence removing the 50:50?

Could it be that simple?
Probably. She could channel her Majin powers through Gungnir so she would never misfire.

And to me, the Holistic Esper is to completely take away Aleister's thunder on espers with a new type that isn't controlled and regulated by him. Academy City would then be at a great disadvantage and it would further destabilize Aleister's plans.

Wait, maybe this Holistic Esper could even toy around the Artificial Heaven?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 21:32   Link #353
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Wait, maybe this Holistic Esper could even toy around the Artificial Heaven?
Almost definitely; Artificial Heaven is like forcing an extra sprocket into a machine, but the Holistic Esper could (in theory) rearrange/rewrite everything.

Gives me a Haruhi-vibe though- moving the entire Universe just to make one 'small' thing happen.
Old 2012-06-17, 21:59   Link #354
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

...And then we find out Othinus just wants to make Kamikoto - a little thing! - happen with her Holistic Esper. She's just a fangirl.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 22:04   Link #355
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
...And then we find out Othinus just wants to make Kamikoto - a little thing! - happen with her Holistic Esper. She's just a fangirl.

Nah man, she wants to change the laws of the Universe to create a world where the probability of FMP getting another Anime wouldn't be zero.

I honestly can't think of anything else that requires that extent of divine intervention.

()
Old 2012-06-17, 22:12   Link #356
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I honestly can't think of anything else that requires that extent of divine intervention.
ME3's ending? We may have on our hands a 'cray-cray' bioware fan.

Spoiler for :
Old 2012-06-17, 22:19   Link #357
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
ME3's ending? We may have on our hands a 'cray-cray' bioware fan.
Nah it's still not that tragic- At least ME3 has an ending- Something that the FMP Anime can never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix91 View Post
Spoiler for :
Kids are stupid.

There, I said it.
Old 2012-06-18, 00:38   Link #358
leukrota

I have a new crack theory (at least new to me) about the holistic esper candidate.

I think it's Kazakiri Hyouka. I suspect that she's not a pure concentrate of AIM, but rather an actual person residing in the windowless building, made ignorant of her real nature as a human and somehow linked to said AIM concentrate to materialize her outside the building, all while in her sleep. Hell, she might even be Aleister's own daughter...

There's a couple of suspicious incidents that may support part of this crack. One, her materialization through the existence of vast amounts of AIM remind me a bit of the large scale battle experiment used to isolate a region and promote the natural appearance of a holistic esper (though I prefer Kazakiri's non violent alternative).

Two, during the invasion arc she displayed an ability to change the general rules of nature, making the use of magic highly unstable... Ok, it was isolated to Academy City instead of the whole universe, but she's not supposed to be a holistic esper yet... The point is that it sounds a bit like what a holistic esper is supposed to be able to do.

Ok, there it is... I just came up with this while in a sleep deprived state, so don't take it too seriously, but I would still love to read what you guys think about it.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 07:58   Link #359
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Ok, there it is... I just came up with this while in a sleep deprived state, so don't take it too seriously, but I would still love to read what you guys think about it.
Awesome theories seem to come out of people that are in their sleep deprived state.... And you threw a curve ball
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 00:46   Link #360
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I have a new crack theory (at least new to me) about the holistic esper candidate.

I think it's Kazakiri Hyouka. I suspect that she's not a pure concentrate of AIM, but rather an actual person residing in the windowless building, made ignorant of her real nature as a human and somehow linked to said AIM concentrate to materialize her outside the building, all while in her sleep. Hell, she might even be Aleister's own daughter...

There's a couple of suspicious incidents that may support part of this crack. One, her materialization through the existence of vast amounts of AIM remind me a bit of the large scale battle experiment used to isolate a region and promote the natural appearance of a holistic esper (though I prefer Kazakiri's non violent alternative).

Two, during the invasion arc she displayed an ability to change the general rules of nature, making the use of magic highly unstable... Ok, it was isolated to Academy City instead of the whole universe, but she's not supposed to be a holistic esper yet... The point is that it sounds a bit like what a holistic esper is supposed to be able to do.

Pure AIM concentrations on a high enough scale should also be able to force a new law on the surroundings no? And AIM is anathema to magic.

She could be a holistic esper or she could be an actual Angel....after all, the latter is in line with Aleister's own plan of creating his own Heaven.