AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-15, 01:47   Link #1001
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Hey I have read that fanfic. Very well drawn to resemble the original. By the way, this Goddess that gave birth to the new Saiyan? She was
Spoiler for the story in the fanfic:
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 01:56   Link #1002
Alchemist007
*Author

Especially when it comes to fanfiction.
Old 2009-09-15, 03:36   Link #1003
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Ginyu Force. I can't frickin' wait till those glorious fools finally show their faces.
Not long to go now until we see them. There's some quality action in the series thanks to those wacky bunch, and i can't wait to witness it all over again. Especially with the new voice cast and score.
Old 2009-09-15, 10:45   Link #1004
Vicious108

I can't wait until they show either. Their weird poses and sayings and overall funkyness were so original for a group of villains at the time. It'll be great seeing them again, now with a new cast of VAs.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 10:48   Link #1005
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Hey I have read that fanfic. Very well drawn to resemble the original. By the way, this Goddess that gave birth to the new Saiyan? She was
That just sounds lame. Even for Dragon Ball...
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 12:29   Link #1006
roriconfan
Banned

^ Well, Gero was "supposed" to be part of Red Ribbon, yet we never saw him all those years. And Kaioshin was so powerful yet he never did anything to stop Frieza or Cell. What was he doing, waiting 5 million years in hiding for Babidi to make his move? And what the hell happened to Dibidi?

As I said, few things make sense.
Old 2009-09-15, 12:31   Link #1007
Alchemist007
*Author

Kaioshin killed Bibidi
Old 2009-09-15, 14:18   Link #1008
roriconfan
Banned

^ Out of screen. Very smart.
Old 2009-09-15, 14:49   Link #1009
Alchemist007
*Author

Well it didn't really matter, he killed him, Babidi wants revenge, enter current times.
Old 2009-09-15, 16:07   Link #1010
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Quote:
^ Well, Gero was "supposed" to be part of Red Ribbon, yet we never saw him all those years. And Kaioshin was so powerful yet he never did anything to stop Frieza or Cell. What was he doing, waiting 5 million years in hiding for Babidi to make his move? And what the hell happened to Dibidi?

As I said, few things make sense.
Are you trying to justify these ludicrous fanfics? Just saying a 1 year old being SS5 is ridiculous enough. Chibi Goku had a hard enough time being SS3 in his small body, a 1 year old would not be able to suppress all that power, let alone control it.

Granted, there are inconsistent plot points in the canon DB/Z material, but at least they aren't as ludicrous as what we see in the fanfics. There is only so far someone can take a plot and going beyond SS4 (which wasn't even supposed to exist) is just spitting in the face of Toriyama's canon material.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 16:14   Link #1011
roriconfan
Banned

Hey, having Goten and Trunks going super as kids was more than enough to be ludicrous. A kid can't handle lifting a car, much less having the power to blow up a planet. All at the same time when Trunks was able to go super as a teenager in the alternative future and only after seeing his friend die. Present Trunks went super because he was impatient with his daddy. Ok...

And anyway, as the series went on and new characters had to be introduced, the newer generations had to be continually insanely stronger even as kids. That is a mishap by itself. And if a half saiyan is supposed to be stronger than a saiyan (Gohan), and a half super saiyan even stronger (Goten), then WOOPIE a half super saiyan / half god can be much stronger than even that. All part of the rules set by the series.
Kid Goku: initial Battle power around 30
Kid Gohan: initial Battle power around 1300 (40 times more)
Kid Gohan: initial Battle power around 13 million (1.000 times more)
This new guy in the fan fic: initial Battle power estimated around 150 million (just 12 times more; it actually went easy on him)

And for all that it matters, that fan fic was damn well drawn and needs an applause for that alone.

Last edited by roriconfan; 2009-09-15 at 16:26.
Old 2009-09-15, 19:35   Link #1012
rpgman1

Quote:
Hey, having Goten and Trunks going super as kids was more than enough to be ludicrous. A kid can't handle lifting a car, much less having the power to blow up a planet. All at the same time when Trunks was able to go super as a teenager in the alternative future and only after seeing his friend die. Present Trunks went super because he was impatient with his daddy. Ok...

And anyway, as the series went on and new characters had to be introduced, the newer generations had to be continually insanely stronger even as kids. That is a mishap by itself. And if a half saiyan is supposed to be stronger than a saiyan (Gohan), and a half super saiyan even stronger (Goten), then WOOPIE a half super saiyan / half god can be much stronger than even that. All part of the rules set by the series.
This new guy in the fan fic: initial Battle power estimated around 150 million (just 12 times more; it actually went easy on him)

And for all that it matters, that fan fic was damn well drawn and needs an applause for that alone.
Kid Goku in Dragon Ball initially had a power level of 10. When he went Oozaru against Pilaf's castle it was 100.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 21:49   Link #1013
DeX-kun

Quote:
/facepalm

That's not the point. I'm not comparing anything to real life, I'm strictly speaking of the plot in the DB/Z universe (GT as well although I'd rather ignore all that plot wise). This has nothing to do with what I'm speaking of. That fanfic is based off DB/Z and I can understand all that but it's ridiculous with how overdone it's become, I find it laughable.

Quote:

Just like any anime, it can be the best drawn anime out there, but that still doesn't make it any good. If you're creating a story and basing it off something, I want to see something refreshing and creative, not the same thing. Like I said, you're missing the point, that whole fanfic is just an insult to Toriyama in my opinion. If you like it, that's fine but I could care less for it.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-09-16, 02:53   Link #1014
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
That fanfic is based off DB/Z and I can understand all that but it's ridiculous with how overdone it's become, I find it laughable.
Well, that's the thing about DBZ. It is based on leveling up TOO much, and overdoing all previous elements. Even if an official sequel is ever made, it WILL overdo it's previous battle powers and WILL resort to something like that. Maybe smarter presented but not any different. Don't tell me you expect to see everyone weaker and more tactical in battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
I want to see something refreshing and creative, not the same thing.
I could argue with that, saying the series itself was quite repetitive in its formula but if you think it wasn't, then so be it.
Old 2009-09-16, 03:30   Link #1015
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This really isn't the thread for discussion on a fanfic. Can this be stopped please, and moved into a correct thread?
Old 2009-09-16, 08:27   Link #1016
justavisitor

Trunk and Goten can go to super saiyan as kids because hmm..how can I say this, they were made when Goku and Vegeta were already super saiyans

The future trunk was made (damn any better choice of words?? ) when Vegeta was still a normal sayian..that's why the future trunk has to struggle to become a super saiyan

I thought everyone knows this....XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 09:42   Link #1017
Vicious108

Everyone knows this? That's merely speculation on your part. The existence of "Super Saiyan genes" that can be passed down to an offspring sounds pretty farfetched to me.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 11:35   Link #1018
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Why weren't the Supreme Kais wished back to life?

Buu absorbed 2 of them, but Vegeta and Goku didn't encounter them while in his body. And the other 2 that were killed should be chilling somewhere in the afterlife.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 12:01   Link #1019
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
The future trunk was made (damn any better choice of words?? )
"Conceived"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Why weren't the Supreme Kais wished back to life?
That would require for the dragonballs to be in existence millions of years ago by the Namekians. And that the Namekians would know of the situation to act upon it. Also, the one year limit rule is also an issue. Did those rules apply to that set of balls? Too many unaswered issues about a story that makes no sense in the longrun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Buu absorbed 2 of them, but Vegeta and Goku didn't encounter them while in his body. And the other 2 that were killed should be chilling somewhere in the afterlife.
Actually Fat Buu was the reincarnation of the fat Kaioshin. The others not existing as spirits is either a plot hole or they simply never had souls as species.

A better question would be "Where is Dabura's homeworld?". It is not hell and he was strong enough to take on even Cell, so where was he hiding all this time? This is another point of proving that the series overdoes its own rules in each sequel. I mean, it was stated that there could be only one Super Saiyan at a time and once every 1000 years. By the time the next season is introduced, we get four. And then more. Another example is Vejita claiming to be the strongest and by he next season, he is just Frieza's lackey. And Frieza was supposed to be the strongest but then Babidi and his gang appear. (Cell villains don't count as they were just created and had no history or fame)
Old 2009-09-16, 13:33   Link #1020
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Everyone knows this? That's merely speculation on your part. The existence of "Super Saiyan genes" that can be passed down to an offspring sounds pretty farfetched to me.
I believe justavisitor was just joking Don't take him serious

Quote:
"Conceived"

That would require for the dragonballs to be in existence millions of years ago by the Namekians. And that the Namekians would know of the situation to act upon it. Also, the one year limit rule is also an issue. Did those rules apply to that set of balls? Too many unaswered issues about a story that makes no sense in the longrun.

Actually Fat Buu was the reincarnation of the fat Kaioshin. The others not existing as spirits is either a plot hole or they simply never had souls as species.

A better question would be "Where is Dabura's homeworld?". It is not hell and he was strong enough to take on even Cell, so where was he hiding all this time? This is another point of proving that the series overdoes its own rules in each sequel. I mean, it was stated that there could be only one Super Saiyan at a time and once every 1000 years. By the time the next season is introduced, we get four. And then more. Another example is Vejita claiming to be the strongest and by he next season, he is just Frieza's lackey. And Frieza was supposed to be the strongest but then Babidi and his gang appear. (Cell villains don't count as they were just created and had no history or fame)
Let it go, seriously. DB/Z was created in the mid-late 1980's and it's plot was something pretty unique at the time. You also seem to forget that DB/Z became extremely popular and it's continuance was because of that, in order to leech more money off the franchise.

The Cell Saga was something nice to see as well considering it went back to it's roots by showing us fights utilizing some classic martial arts fighting (understandably exaggerated of course.) Goku's fight with Cell was great example of that. I don't know what you're trying to prove here but fact remains that DB/Z is a classic anime that should be left alone, not continued. Even Toriyama ignores GT (and rightfully so in my opinion.)

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-09-18 at 00:06.