Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-27, 02:16   Link #1
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

Japanese SACD recommendations

I am looking to buy some SACDs as I want to use the SACD function on my PS3 more. My main interests are JPOP, anime and game music but I also don't mind some of the good CPOP singers like Hacken Lee or Jacky Cheung.

I just placed an order for this http://www.amazon.co.jp/Pure-AQUAPLU...ref=pd_sim_e_1 (Suara is one of my favourite singers which is an extra plus ) and the reviews seem quite good. Anyone got any good recommendations that are similar to this one I just ordered? I definitely wouldn't mind trying out some SACDs of Studio Ghibli, Ayane, Kotoko or even Final Fantasy.
Old 2008-07-27, 05:43   Link #2
Arkuatic

There is a post somewhere in the music section of animesuki where members post their top 5 fav, you might wanna check em out.

Since im a fan of suara too you might like
Joint-Mami Kawada
Hikari Utada- theme songs for many RPG i.e. simple and clean(kingdom hearts)
Boa-popular jpop singer
Koda Kumi-songs in the japanese version of FFX-2
Old 2008-07-31, 04:15   Link #3
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I did a search for SACD in the music section but found nothing. I haven't heard any of those artists except Utada Hikaru (got a couple of her CDs, all Japanese version), I might give them a try later. Btw I thought Boa is Korean?

Anyway I just got my SACD from Japan Amazon and I'm listening to Musouka with my Stax Omega 2 system right now, the sound quality nothing short of breathe taking. The acoustic version also gives a really different feel compared to the original version.

Edit: Just finished listening to the whole CD. I would give it a 9.5/10. It doesn't get a perfect score because it's too short , otherwise I think that it's an excellent SACD. The sound quality is definitely ranked as one of the tops among all the albums I have. Every instrument sounds so clear, has great depth and layering. Plus Suara's voice sounds really good.

I haven't listened to the CD layer yet but from what I read in the reviews, the CD layer doesn't sound too impressive. I might give it a listen when I'm bored.

There is also a multi channel track for Musouka, which I haven't listened to yet since my Omega 2 is a headphone which doesn't work well with multi channel stuff.

BTW, I just preordered Suara's newest SACD 太陽と月. Can't wait for it to release.

I wish more Japanese artists could release more SACDs, even though the market for them isn't that big. From what I found on CDJapan, there doesn't seem to be many choices.

Last edited by p997tt; 2008-07-31 at 05:11.
Old 2008-08-01, 00:58   Link #4
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
Btw I thought Boa is Korean?
Some k-pop singers learn Japanese and also become popular in Japan. Another example would be Younha.

I tried looking on amazon.co.jp, but I guess not that many Japanese artists (within anime/games, at least) are releasing SACDs yet.