Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-15, 00:41   Link #201
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
Enjoying the manga

The adaption is pretty well done despite it being clogged up if they instead did 24 episodes this could have been a better anime but I'm not complaining its funny / cute to watch.

It seems to follow the manga faithfully except it seems to start jumping around now although the characters seem stereotypical and almost like Special A its more addicting :P

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Ryu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 18:29   Link #202
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so this nsfw manga i read of this series still has the lovely dovey feel their relationship has. i guess it translates well..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 19:16   Link #203
Midonin
Last Engage

For the curious, four character song/drama CDs (or "Concept CDs") for the show have been announced. First is the "school side", featuring a duet from Sakura and Shizuko, as well as Misaki's character song.

The other three are the "maid side", "maid side 2" (Electric Boogaloo) and "Another Side". Don't ask me who's singing on those three, because I don't know.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 22:05   Link #204
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Saw two eps. Thought it was pretty awful. The guy has no personality. Eh. And I agree with you guys -- the uniforms ARE ugly.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 23:36   Link #205
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Got me, lol. I loved ep3.
Spoiler for ep3:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 07:29   Link #206
blewin

Just started the series. Love the comedy! I wonder what the story is behind Usui. BTW, don't like the colour of the uniform though. Lime green...

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 09:02   Link #207
TCman

Just watched the 2nd (and 3rd raw; can not wait for subs) episode; they both are pretty good, but it seems that the anime creators are doing some shuffling throughout the manga chapters.
Spoiler for what is skipped now or not shown yet (manga related):
I hope they are not skipping some of chapters and characters entirely, since even in early chapters there're some subtle yet powerful developments between Misaki and Usui.

Well, in my opinion after watch the first 2 episodes Misaki and Usui look like they are already a couple or sometimes almost "husband and wife" for a short time because how they behave and interact with each other, how close they actually are to each other; they even quarrel like a couple.

As for the lime green colbert/uniform, I think it's okay since it fits the red tie and tartan pants quite well.

Preview of episode 4 is promising and it will be a big surprise for every one, especially for those who never followed the manga.

Can't wait for the next episode!
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 18:51   Link #208
xia

I loved the third episode. Very good!

Spoiler:

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 19:19   Link #209
hoofy

I just can't get enough of the three idiots !! The (hilarious) results of their earnestness towards Misaki are always a major highlight of the epis.
hoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 00:54   Link #210
Neosovereign

The subs are out! I agree with xia, this is turning into a cute romance! I hope they actually get somewhere with it though.
Neosovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 00:58   Link #211
Sakome

I really love this series. Its hilarious how Takumi keeps teasing Misaki on purpose or say anything to get a reaction out of her.
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 01:11   Link #212
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i can't wait for them to get to the lovey dovey parts. this series has fantastic "Awwwww" moments i can't wait for them to get to. when Misa gets softened up, it'll melt your heart.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 08:46   Link #213
Bombo
TSF Fans

Great episode...That what I want to say ^^
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 11:36   Link #214
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh boy, this episode killed me.
Spoiler for Episode 03:

Could i request a sig to be made please? It's from this episode at 16:04. It will probably look best none animated, and a black boarder would be nice. Thanks a lot.
Old 2010-04-17, 20:46   Link #215
Sol Falling

...fo' serious? lol, I know I said I was alright with some skipping around last time, but stuffing ch. 11-12 into one episode, and now continuing on with 13? It's a little bit tempting to think 'we can skip 3-10 so we can get to the later chapters earlier', but no, we know they have to go back and cover most of that stuff eventually. Are they just trying to introduce the whole cast earlier? A fair bit of continuity has been lost with this episode already (though for the moment it's not too painful) so they better have a good reason for this.

On the episode itself: it was pretty enjoyable, if condensed. I think I'd prefer the full stories given by the manga, but this splicing of two chapters was mostly decent by itself. There were three instances where I thought the voice-acting failed to carry the full humour of the scenes, though, and those would be specifically 'Black Honoka's' debut, Misaki's awkward/angry inquiry towards Yukimura about imouto-moe, and Sakura's amusement over the family resemblance of the Shizuko siblings. On the animation end, though, things seem to be improving and looking mostly decent this time around, so I hope they're getting the hang of drawing Misaki.

Some highlight's were Usui's "I'm a maid-otaku" string of gibberish and that incident with him telling Misaki to "Strip", as well as him going 'moeru' over the prospect of Misaki being his little sister.

One thing I am really enjoying about this adaptation is the high incidence of extra appearances by Suzuna. I was a bit sceptical with her initial lines (in terms of voice acting) in the first episode but her deadpan expression is seriously delivering. lol, sorry Honoka, Misaki, but Suzuna is the most moe girl in this show.

I think a fair bit of effect was lost from stuff like the random insertion of one of the end-of-volume extras on what the other maids thought of Misaki, together with the change of setting in Usui's imouto-harrassment coming from him as a customer as opposed to a test of her acting skills. They also had to downplay Usui's familiarity with Maid Latte's staff due to shifting this before he really began interacting with them. Nonetheless, some of the new material was pretty brilliant like the joke about Misaki's ideal colour being 'transparent', so overall I'll give this a pass as a pretty decent episode.

...chapter 13 next...really, wth are they doing?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 20:48   Link #216
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

tsundere imouto misaki = HNNNNGGGGGGHHHHH
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 02:14   Link #217
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Unlike some others here, I found typical imouto Misa to be epic fail. Just did not fit her at all (and my jaw drop at the ugliness that was twintails lol). Thank God for Usui changing her to tsundere, which to be honest, is Misa's strongest point.

That said, still not feeling it for Usui... then again, I never really liked deadpan characters, male or female. I guess I gotta live with the fact that I'll probably never feel anything for him; guess it's just Misa keeping me in the show.

Also found it quite odd that a lot of these otaku terms are flying around in a shoujo romance manga of all things. Heck, I raised an eyebrow and a half when Usui said he was otaku to 'reject' the girl. Even if it was just a lie, the mere suggestion that he might be one was definitely perplexing to me, as I did not expect it. Maybe it's my shoujo manga background where all the male leads are either perfect gentlemen or bad boys with a heart of gold... XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 03:15   Link #218
Sol Falling

Yeah, despite not being a harem or fanservice show, the 'Maid-sama' aspect of this title definately introduces a significant degree of otaku culture to the series. Next episode you'll see even more net/otaku culture being introduced, so if you haven't yet I think you'll just be forced to realize that that's simply the culture for a large portion of the characters in this show. After all, the reason why Satsuki runs Maid-Latte in the first place is 'cause she's an otaku with maid-moe--from the customers to the staff, the only reason Misaki's not influenced is because of her obliviousness to popular or entertainment culture in general (she's too poor and studious, after all).

Shoujo manga background, though? :P I'd say KWMS is one of the premier shoujo manga currently, so you might want to check it out. Usui deadpanning an 'otaku' rant is not at all incompatible with this particular version of the 'perfect boyfriend'--the thing is, Usui represents a 'perfect lover' as opposed to a bad boy or a 'perfect gentleman', because the only girl he's even remotely interested in is Misaki, and his principle feature is his absolute consideration and understanding of her. This makes the sentiment behind Usui's rant in fact at least partially true, because it's simply truth that Usui is helplessly moe for Misaki alone--and I actually find Usui's method of rejection in this sense incredibly cruel, because such a frivolous and clearly bullshit response as the one he gave can really only express complete disinterest.

:P Please try to enjoy Usui. He's awesome. You can describe him as a deadpan character, sure, but that's only towards basically everything except Misaki. With Misaki, you could pretty much say he's a combination of godly mindreading skills, helpless moe, and some of the most brilliant teasing/flirting/harassment skills that'll leave you on the floor (ah, and jealousy. Can't forget the jealousy. I guess you guys will see.).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 21:34   Link #219
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh my Misaki Ayuzawa was just so cute in this ep3 she pulled off the super moe
Old 2010-04-19, 15:15   Link #220
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
On the episode itself: it was pretty enjoyable, if condensed. I think I'd prefer the full stories given by the manga, but this splicing of two chapters was mostly decent by itself. There were three instances where I thought the voice-acting failed to carry the full humour of the scenes, though, and those would be specifically 'Black Honoka's' debut, Misaki's awkward/angry inquiry towards Yukimura about imouto-moe, and Sakura's amusement over the family resemblance of the Shizuko siblings. On the animation end, though, things seem to be improving and looking mostly decent this time around, so I hope they're getting the hang of drawing Misaki.
I agree about Black Honoka, her lines sounded more dull than scary. On the other hand, she did a very good job with the imouto impersonation, it added a lot to the humor of that scene, the contrast between her and Misaki was hilarious (loved that constipated face Misaki made at the end lol). I have no complaints about the other scenes you mentioned though, Misaki always sounds right to me and Sakura... well, I'm pretty much in love with her seiyuu so I can't be objective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
One thing I am really enjoying about this adaptation is the high incidence of extra appearances by Suzuna. I was a bit sceptical with her initial lines (in terms of voice acting) in the first episode but her deadpan expression is seriously delivering. lol, sorry Honoka, Misaki, but Suzuna is the most moe girl in this show.
Yes ! Suzuna is awesome. I've always had a thing for deadpan characters (sig related). Her seiyuu is a newcomer, and I think she's doing quite a good job so far. I'm looking forward to hearing her in different role, where she could show more emotions... or rather, some emotions.

I enjoyed episode 3 a lot. I feel like I've seen a softer side of Usui in this episode. He totally let down his guard for a second when Misaki told him she'd save him (ooooh, the sparkling eyes !), though he quickly regained his composure. The humor was a total hit for me, even if I agree Misaki was just wrong as the typical ultra moe little sister. Suzuna's type would have been a way better fit, but it certainly wouldn't have been as funny.

On the other hand, the battle maid persona at the end was perfect for her, and she certainly seemed to enjoy it quite a bit. I loved Usui's explanation about the color that suits Misaki the best, even if his last line sounded a bit wrong. Reminded me of "the more beautiful and pure it is, the more satisfying it is to corrupt it", though I know that's not what he has in mind.

Looks like we'll get a lot of that blond girl next week. I wonder what her role will be.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shoujo