AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2014-08-06, 23:40   Link #1
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Brain vs. Brain

I'll like anime(LNs and manga ok too but I prefer anime overall) where the protagonist fight primarily with his brain, something like Death Note and Code Geass. The protagonist doesn't have to always rely on his brain, he can fight too as in physically or piloting a mech etc... But using intellect must be the main focus like how MC is constantly trying to outwit his enemies. Preferably either a pure brain to brain fighting with less to none over the top moment like DN or over the top action picked(the action doesn't have to be fighting) one like CG.
Old 2014-08-07, 00:45   Link #2
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
anime: Kaiji, Akagi (I didn't know mahjong and still enjoyed it)
manga: Liar Game, this one can get really complex (first arc is short and much weaker than the rest IMO so i'd recommend giving it a few chapters)
Old 2014-08-07, 01:58   Link #3
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I recommend Arpeggio of Blue Steel if you haven't checked it out yet. The best way is to watch the anime then read the manga.
Old 2014-08-07, 02:22   Link #4
scyllus
Tormund's Member

If youre up to 110 episodes Legend Of Galactic Heroes is definietly is worth a try. Yang Wenli is one of the most naturally portrayed intelligent character in anime ever. And you've got every kind of brain vs brain covered : strategy, plotting, morals, emotions.
scyllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 07:53   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Monster - the main character is a neurosurgeon; his nemesis is a criminal mastermind.

The currently-airing Zankyou no Terror also has this flavor.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 00:41   Link #6
Darthtabby

Its kind of obscure, but how about Starship Operators? Its a show about a bunch of space cadets who fund a rebellion to free their home planet by turning their exploits into a reality TV show. The female lead in that one is a low key take on a tactical genius (a reluctant one since she thinks the reality TV plan is insane). The battles are fairly slow paced with a lot of emphasis on analysis and coming up with countermeasures. The first few challenge of the week episodes are kind of weak but the show improves a lot after making a shift to arc based storytelling in the fifth episode.

(Note: I strongly dislike the English dub for this show, in part because it alters the main character's characterization.)

I also wrote a article about the show on my now long abandoned anime blog back in 2006 if you want a more detailed (if perhaps overly positive) overview of the show.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 13:58   Link #7
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Manga/Anime where fights revolve around skill, creativity or tactics?
Old 2014-08-09, 16:52   Link #8
kitten320

One Out - sport anime where MC uses brain to outwit his opponents and win matches.

Psycho-Pass in a way. While there is lots of action, the main battle is on brain level, trying to understand criminal's mind.

Fate/Zero - again lots of fighting but MC likes to use tactics in his battles.

Shiki maybe? I would say it is a battle of wits to some extend, both parties trying to outsmart each other to achieve their goals.
Old 2014-08-10, 07:17   Link #9
Biohazardous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I recommend Arpeggio of Blue Steel if you haven't checked it out yet. The best way is to watch the anime then read the manga.
Love this
Old 2014-08-18, 19:44   Link #10
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
No game no life fits the criteria too.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote