AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2014-08-21, 02:00   Link #1
Dementrus
Hououin Kyouma

Need WN/LN/FF

I am looking for a good WN/LN/FF to read in free time.
The theme i'm looking for is time related things (time slip, time travel, time leap, etc), reincarnation, trans dimension(called to another world and stuff), game world.
Preferably the MC is OP or at least interesting.
It should be in english and if it's translation at least it's still active(or finished) translating it so i can read until the end of the story (and where i can find it of course).
The titles i'm reading right now is :
- Mushoku Tensei
- Re:Monster
- Arifureta
- Mother of Learning
Those can also be used as preference, looking foward to your recomendation
Edit: Manga is fine too...
------------------------------------------
Dementrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 06:23   Link #2
SineMora
Wait for it...

Although not yet translated to the part where he time travels, Rokoujyouma no Shinryakusha is a time travelling experience (Heck, it's even multiverse wrecking),and the MC while not being OP at the start, he becomes one as the series passes...

In ELYSION Virtual Region, The cyberspace is full of bugs that the system turns into a Virtual Reality Multiplayer Hunting Game (Monster Hunter) where Bugs to be deleted are turned into monsters which players kill for real life cash (in the form of E-Cards) this is the main source of income of our OP Brother and Sister pair who ran away from their families...
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 08:02   Link #3
Dementrus
Hououin Kyouma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Although not yet translated to the part where he time travels, Rokoujyouma no Shinryakusha is a time travelling experience (Heck, it's even multiverse wrecking),and the MC while not being OP at the start, he becomes one as the series passes...

In ELYSION Virtual Region, The cyberspace is full of bugs that the system turns into a Virtual Reality Multiplayer Hunting Game (Monster Hunter) where Bugs to be deleted are turned into monsters which players kill for real life cash (in the form of E-Cards) this is the main source of income of our OP Brother and Sister pair who ran away from their families...
You read Rokoujyouma raw? Since it seem you know the story. But the translated part is too little so i won't read it for now, gotta wait for it.
I've read Elysion though just volume 1, maybe i will read more to decide abandon it or not.
Thanks for the suggestion
------------------------------------------
Dementrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 01:13   Link #4
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

I have a few suggestions:

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: An anime rather than an LN or manga, but, nonetheless, it has a manga and I also highly recommend the anime. While it initially appears to be a magical girl series, it quickly becomes much more dark and, at times, violent. It features elements such as the Faustian "pact with the devil", as well as a smattering of the scientific concept of "heat death of the universe", and Clarke's (I think) quote that "sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguisable from magic". However, explaining how it all fits together would be spoiling it. And it also features a badass, mysterious, yet emotionally compelling magical girl named Akemi Homura, who makes up for her lack of offensive magic with a large stockpile of stolen military hardware.

Gate: Thus the JSDF Fought There:
A manga where a Roman-like army from a fantasy world invades Tokyo armed with swords, bows, catapults, and dragon riders... only to quickly get their asses handed to the by the Japanese Self Defense Force, who counterattack through the portal into the fantasy world, crushing the army of the primitive fantasy empire with machine guns, tanks, and Cobra attack helicopters, killing over 100,000 Imperial troops. After their victory, JSDF Lieutenant (and self-proclaimed otaku) Youji Itami and a small squad of troops are sent to recon the area, where they fight dragons and other fantasy world adversaries, as well as meet friendlier denizens of the fantasy world, including a young sorceress in training, an elf girl, and a self-porclaimed demi-goddess and priestess of the war god Emroy. In addition to contending with all this, Youji and the rest of the JSDF have to deal with foreign governments wanting access to the fantasy world to get a hold of the untapped oil and mineral resources, and even sending black ops teams to capture the first emissaries from the "Special Region" to visit Japan. Not to mention Youji having to deal with his doujin author hikkikomori ex-wife, an elf girl who starts using him as a replacement for her dead father, and a number of people in the "Special Region" seeking to manipulate the JSDF into attacking their enemies. Overall it is a very good "transported into a fantasy world"-type series, with a unique protagonist, in as much as he is a mediocre 30-something JSDF lieutenant, who is OP only thanks to his previously unknown leadership and political skills, as well as the fact that he is literally bringing an assault rifle to a sword fight. The series has a considerable following on AnimeSuki.

Not an anime, or even Japanese, but it is a web-novel, If you liked Gate, you might also want to check out Stuart Slade's Salvation War series, though if you are religious, you might find it offensive, so be warned.

Another for the "If you liked Gate" category, I might also recommend Zero No Tsukaima a manga, LN, and anime that features a protagonist who ends up transported into a fantasy world. In this case, a teenager named Saito Hiraga, who is summoned into a fantasy world by a mage in training named Louise, and ends up on various adventures, including discovering that, when he made a contract as Louise's familiar, he gained the power to use any weapon with the skill of an expert. Later on, he also discovers that he wasn't the first thing that was sent into the fantasy world of Halkeginia from Earth, and manages to get his hands on modern weapons such as an M72 LAW rocket launcher, a WWII-era Zero fighter, a Flak 88 anti-tank/aircraft gun, a German Tiger tank, and (in the anime only), a Mitsubishi F-2 jet fighter. Needless to say Saito curb stomps some over confident mages and magical creatures with his modern firepower, and his prowess with a sword. But this will help him little against a harem of women fighting over him, and an abusive tsundere master. Overall, I'd say ZnT has its awesome moments, but it is for the most part, a harem comedy.

But, it does have a fanfic more for the type who liked "Gate". Revolution and Freedom by General RTS: The story of a US Army Ranger Alex Tsuogi transported into Halkeginia, who ends up leading a revolution against the oppressive mage-noble rulers of the kingdom of Albion using a combination of superior tactics and gunpowder weapons, becoming known by the alias "Alexander Caesar". He also manages to fight on even terms with Saito in spite of having no superpowers himself, and proves himself to be a tactical and political genius. Also, the fic includes a parody bonus chapter featuring a rap battle between Saito and Alex (which Alex, in my opinion won).
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 05:24   Link #5
Biohazardous

You say game world. I'd love to recommend No Game No Life. It has a season animated and almost all of the light novels translated. They have only half of the last 2 volumes to translate. ( doing them both at same time). I even got my Mom to watch the anime when I told her the concept (she is open to new things). She loved it and has me updating her with info from the light novels.

I'd also agree with: Puella Magi Madoka Magica. It has three movies and they are awsome I enjoyed them. I even saw the 3rd movie at the theater. I gave my Mom an overview of that also and she may end up watching it with me at some point.