AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-03, 10:50   Link #741
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Seriously, in close range, a martial artist might fight one soldier, but in reality there are no martial artist and strong, fast, etc as the master in this. Seeing as how soldiers move in squads, the martial artist might get one, but would fall to the others.

And against an APC, Tank, or Helicopter...no, just no. lol
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 13:59   Link #742
ultimateking

then u might wanna read something else and stop with hsdk because it's getting more unrealistic later on...
ultimateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 14:06   Link #743
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I said it was getting unrealistic 200 chapters ago. I am still reading it aren't I? I enjoy it. A lot of manga are unrealistic, I still enjoy them. I was just refuting the point about a martial artist in a real combat situation. I know many don't want to hear it, but the gun in all its forms, rules the battlefield. This is just a fun little manga I like to read.
Old 2008-11-03, 16:24   Link #744
servidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateking View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:

I might be wrong, but from one raw chapter I saw, this girl remind me of Kawazoe Tamaki from "Bamboo Blade", being a prodigy at martial arts, shy or rather introverted and it seems that Kenichi is showing a "little sister" complex too, trying to break her shell.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 17:30   Link #745
ultimateking

Quote:
I might be wrong, but from one raw chapter I saw, this girl remind me of Kawazoe Tamaki from "Bamboo Blade", being a prodigy at martial arts, shy or rather introverted and it seems that Kenichi is showing a "little sister" complex too, trying to break her shell.
ah well she isn't really shy, she feels like a superior being, looking down on everyone else
ultimateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 18:15   Link #746
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateking View Post
ah well she isn't really shy, she feels like a superior being, looking down on everyone else
"lost...? to.. an inferior being?!" lol, I couldn't help myself... cookie for anything that figures this out.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 18:20   Link #747
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I like that Fortuna guy =D He doesnt seem that bad if you compare him with Kenichi's masters... i mean the sp were crying about having a hard time and that was with only one master class over them.... The only reason Ryouzanpakou doesnt seem evil is because of Kenichi's inhuman endurance
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 19:08   Link #748
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
"lost...? to.. an inferior being?!" lol, I couldn't help myself... cookie for anything that figures this out.
Tales of Symphonia quote when you beat up one of the regular soldiers.

On topic, is the master for Chikage related to her in one way. I remember reading that somewhere that that little girl was related to her master. Also, I like that fact the Kenichi is treating her like a little sister in order not to fight her, though Mui was getting jealous at the fact that the attention that normally goes to her was now being spent on that girl.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 19:11   Link #749
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Tales of Symphonia quote when you beat up one of the regular soldiers.

On topic, is the master for Chikage related to her in one way. I remember reading that somewhere that that little girl was related to her master. Also, I like that fact the Kenichi is treating her like a little sister in order not to fight her, though Mui was getting jealous at the fact that the attention that normally goes to her was now being spent on that girl.
You are correct sir!~ here's a cookie ( :: )
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 19:48   Link #750
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Any money down that the new girl is Akisame's love child ? Certainly has all the marks of that guy there with the aikido, head power and stoicisms. Would also add to the drama.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 21:44   Link #751
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Seriously, in close range, a martial artist might fight one soldier, but in reality there are no martial artist and strong, fast, etc as the master in this. Seeing as how soldiers move in squads, the martial artist might get one, but would fall to the others.

And against an APC, Tank, or Helicopter...no, just no. lol
The APC , Tank and Helicopter were definitely over the top. However, taking out the soldiers might have been plausible enough to suspend disbelief if the masters had stuck to using a squad formation, the advantage of surprise and their stealth-ninja skills. Still fun to watch their antics though . As you say, realism isn't everything.

The Ryozanpaku masters' antics are comedy fodder at this point (very entertaining though). The disciples' fights have a much grittier, pseudo-realistic feel to them.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 01:57   Link #752
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
The APC , Tank and Helicopter were definitely over the top. However, taking out the soldiers might have been plausible enough to suspend disbelief if the masters had stuck to using a squad formation, the advantage of surprise and their stealth-ninja skills. Still fun to watch their antics though . As you say, realism isn't everything.

The Ryozanpaku masters' antics are comedy fodder at this point (very entertaining though). The disciples' fights have a much grittier, pseudo-realistic feel to them.
As I have said, I just have a hard time believing martial artist could take out several squads of men. Maybe a few men, maybe even a squad and a half, but the tech(Infrared and etc) would ultimately win. This is my opinion though. The only place martial arts have on a battlefield is a very close encounter with one enemy when out of ammunition, not enough time to bring the weapon up, or to silently take out sentries(Which is left largely to suppressed weapons).
Old 2008-11-04, 02:50   Link #753
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
As I have said, I just have a hard time believing martial artist could take out several squads of men. Maybe a few men, maybe even a squad and a half, but the tech(Infrared and etc) would ultimately win. This is my opinion though. The only place martial arts have on a battlefield is a very close encounter with one enemy when out of ammunition, not enough time to bring the weapon up, or to silently take out sentries(Which is left largely to suppressed weapons).
In old Japan the point of samurai running away while sllicing opponents one by one is to make the opponent not fight as a unit.

In that case a single man can take out several men.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 09:39   Link #754
TigerII
Pilot in Training

And feudal Japan lost to a modern Japan if I remember correctly. The last time Samurai swords were used in combat was World War II. A sword and bravery do not beat a .30 caliber machine gun.

Like I said. This is my opinion, and I would rather not continue the discussion as it is off topic

Last edited by TigerII; 2008-11-04 at 09:50.
Old 2008-11-04, 10:36   Link #755
ReddyRedWolf

As much as Fortuna actually being a master class it makes me wonder if the gang can collectively take him down in their states.

Lol he even wanted Nijima as one of his children.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 12:18   Link #756
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
And Ukita STILL wasn't on his shopping list. Poor guy.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 12:49   Link #757
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I feel bad for him as well. He is week, doesn't help much, and the girl he likes doesn't seem to like him. At least Kenichi is strong and does a lot.
Old 2008-11-04, 13:18   Link #758
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

wow i started reading this a couple of days ago and just ate through 240 chapters now i've got the last 13 or so chapters to go and since i'm not really paying that much attention to translation as long as i get a general meaning of what's going on, i don't think i'll pass up the opportunity

i tool while to get use to the art, ass and nipples especially but now i kinda like it.

guess i'll have another manga to keep me from studying in the coming weeks,months, years

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 15:06   Link #759
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
kisara likes ukita pretty much, she´s just tsundere about it
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 21:34   Link #760
NoLongerSane

Ukita still can shine if given the chance. It is that he does not have a Master that is as monster level as Kenichi's. I have a feeling that he will get another chance of showing of his skill, though I think he will be sacrificed to Chikage to show off her skills. At least he has cemented his feeling with Kisara.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen