AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2018-05-26, 12:44   Link #3061
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
Using your way of thinking, everything that happened in Code Geass and every death was nothing but needless drama.
You clearly misunderstand, so please don't speak for other people.

Quote:
Her death was without a doubt something important for Lelouch as a character, it was something that showed him the impact of his actions and that he wasn't untouchable despite his own power and intellect.
Well, no, he was well aware of all of this ever since Euphie's death at least.

Quote:
Saying Shirley's death was pointless is wrong on so many levels.
Never said this. Again - don't put your words into my mouth. Her death wasn't pointless, but clearly easily avoidable and had no influence on future events. That's why they can easily change it.

Quote:
Basically they're telling us that we need to ignore some elements from the old series because they're going to change a lot of them.
They are telling something that was obvious from the beginning - they needed some alterations to connect the story to a new part. Otherwise there is no point in doing 3 new movies in addition to the two recaps that were created earlier.
Old 2018-05-26, 13:15   Link #3062
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for Movie III:
Now hopefully it airs here soon. Watching in cinema beats watching on a PC screen
Old 2018-05-26, 18:14   Link #3063
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So the director is changing more stuff than those mecha crossover games?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-26, 18:59   Link #3064
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I wonder if there will be some plot point about time traveling to explain the "retcons" in an in-universe manner instead of just handwaving them away. That would cleanly seperate the original series from the movies and the fans of the season 2 ending can be happy that it's still canon, just that that particular timeline with Lelouch dead would probably be in deep trouble sometime in the future, I guess (depending on what the motives for such a time travel would be and whether or not it's a good or bad person/being doing it).

All of that would be assuming that such an in-universe explanation actually happens and that Lelouch stays dead in the original timeline while he gets "resurrected" in the new timeline due to the various changes in events. I think I'd probably prefer it this way.

Anyway, did the third movie include any info about when season 3 starts?
Old 2018-05-27, 12:28   Link #3065
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I wonder if there will be some plot point about time traveling to explain the "retcons" in an in-universe manner instead of just handwaving them away. That would cleanly seperate the original series from the movies and the fans of the season 2 ending can be happy that it's still canon, just that that particular timeline with Lelouch dead would probably be in deep trouble sometime in the future, I guess (depending on what the motives for such a time travel would be and whether or not it's a good or bad person/being doing it).

All of that would be assuming that such an in-universe explanation actually happens and that Lelouch stays dead in the original timeline while he gets "resurrected" in the new timeline due to the various changes in events. I think I'd probably prefer it this way.

Anyway, did the third movie include any info about when season 3 starts?
No. Nothing new regarding the R3.

PS: also - we do not now it's format. It might be another movie trilogy or even OVAs. Though I still believe we are talking about TV series here
Old 2018-05-28, 06:43   Link #3066
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

just Sunrise things...

Ruining SEED by releasing SEED Destiny
Ruining 00 by releasing the 00 movie

Shirley's death is probably not as meaningful as Euphie's death or Rolo's death
but her death played significant impact toward the watcher.. everyone remembered her death as one of the most unfortunate and painful since she just got caught in the middle of the conflict

making her alive is just a horrible move
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 13:03   Link #3067
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
but her death played significant impact toward the watcher.. everyone remembered her death as one of the most unfortunate and painful since she just got caught in the middle of the conflict.
Right now, I think some individuals are speculating too much based on little information.

But here's the thing: there were also people who hated Shirley, as well as those who thought it was far too cruel and merciless to kill her off. I've seen new viewers get mad at the show because of her death even in recent years or old fans who still think that was not a good idea.

Therefore, having her be alive in a seperate continuity from that of the TV series doesn't bother me as a concept and, in a way, is giving her another chance at a hopefully less painful existence.

The staff had already said that these compilation movies will be the base for the continuation, rather than the TV show, so in practice they are parallel storylines. It's not obligatory for everything to remain identical. If we don't like the results, then knowing it is a separate story should be enough.

How that survival affects other events down the line, mind you, is not clear yet.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 00:25   Link #3068
Olengie

Quote:
just Sunrise things...

but her death played significant impact toward the watcher.. everyone remembered her death as one of the most unfortunate and painful since she just got caught in the middle of the conflict

Shirley's death was incredibly painful for me. Just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Heartbreaking.
Olengie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 08:23   Link #3069
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
just Sunrise things...

You sure they won't kill her off again near the end? Poor girl has "BULLY ME" stamped all over her face, and knowing what kind of story CG is...
Old 2018-05-31, 14:32   Link #3070
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You sure they won't kill her off again near the end? Poor girl has "BULLY ME" stamped all over her face, and knowing what kind of story CG is...
Surely they won't give her a geass that can bring back people in exchange for her life /j
Old 2018-05-31, 15:07   Link #3071
Jord
Banned

Quote:
just Sunrise things...

This is exactly what I'm talking about, everyone felt the weight of her death and it shouldn't be treated as needless drama. Of course is not as relevant as Euphie's death which changed Lelouch in a very deep way but is still something all the fans always remember.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 17:21   Link #3072
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
It wasn't actually. It was needless drama and additional motivation to deal with the order, nothing more.

As for her "comeback" being or being not necessary - she will clearly be a part of whatever they are prepairing for Lelouche's ressurection. So obviously she is necessary from their point of view.
Now, I follow what it is you're saying, but calling it "needless drama" is a bit much. Her death had a profound effect on Lelouch and greatly fueled his motivations towards the end of R2. Her death played a big part in him deciding to wipe out the order instead of controlling it and also partly fueled Zero Requiem as he did that to atone for all his sins. The character deaths that directly fueled his suicidal tendencies were Euphemia, Shirley, Rolo and Nunnally imo. (Despite Rolo being responsible for Shirley's death, he redeemed himself with his sacrifice and Nunnally was assumed KIA during the planning stages of ZR.)

As for my thoughts on the matter: I personally don't mind her surviving this ordeal, but the one outstanding characteristic of her death in the original series was that she wasn't involved in the politics and terrorism, yet she still died because of it (an innocent bystander). That's what made her death unique and it really was one of the most emotional deaths in the series because of that. That said, it's clear that we should entirely disregard the original series going into the sequel.

Now the real question is whether the original series should be considered non-canon and these compilation movies the new canon?

Or is it one of those alternate timeline things where there is one singular timeline which branches into two similar timelines, but events diverge at specific points hence preserving the original canon, but still creating another?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 22:21   Link #3073
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I think this just like what happened in Macross Frontier with a certain character. They died in the TV series but for the movie compilation they live. There is no time travel involved or anything, just the creators retconning a death they don't see as crucial to the overall story.
Old 2018-06-04, 19:43   Link #3074
devilo96

Btw guys when will the bd for part 2 movie is out ?
And if im not wrong part 3 bd will come out 6 month from now right?
And the producer said that the movie is another posibility and the movie is just the begining...so yeah we could say that this movie is what if route
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-05, 05:36   Link #3075
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
Btw guys when will the bd for part 2 movie is out ?
And if im not wrong part 3 bd will come out 6 month from now right?
And the producer said that the movie is another posibility and the movie is just the begining...so yeah we could say that this movie is what if route
The second one is just a few days from now. June 8th if I'm not mistaken (too lazy to check :P)

There is no date for the 3rd BD (unless they've updated this info already), I'd say it's 4 mounth from now.
Old 2018-06-08, 03:27   Link #3076
LelouchR1

Quote:
The second one is just a few days from now. June 8th if I'm not mistaken (too lazy to check :P)

There is no date for the 3rd BD (unless they've updated this info already), I'd say it's 4 mounth from now.

It's not confirmed, they can postpone as much as they want)
Old 2018-06-10, 01:52   Link #3077
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchR1 View Post
It's not confirmed, they can postpone as much as they want)
What is not confirmed? Date for III on BD? This is what I said. The second one is out already.
Old 2018-06-16, 01:43   Link #3078
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post

Now the real question is whether the original series should be considered non-canon and these compilation movies the new canon?
The first 2 seasons will always be cannon for me, i watched the movies and if this is the direction they are taking R3 i'll pass.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 06:13   Link #3079
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
The first 2 seasons will always be cannon for me, i watched the movies and if this is the direction they are taking R3 i'll pass.
Yeah, why not cannon?
Spoiler:
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 05:24   Link #3080
vic-vic

Lelouch in dead at the end the original anime series. Goro Taniguchi already stated that new series woul be a continuation of mvoie-verse i.e. it's an official Alternative Universe.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha