AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 17.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 58.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 23.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-09, 21:26   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Pumpkin Scissors Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Pumpkin Scissors, Episode 11!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-12-11, 13:11   Link #2
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Looks like ep 11 is the first of a two part story...

Spoiler for ep 11:

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-12-12 at 07:18. Reason: updated screenshots
Old 2006-12-12, 09:20   Link #3
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Episode 11 screenshots courtesy of Random Curiosity.
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-12-12, 12:24   Link #4
Mentar
Banned

I'm not sure that this is only a 2-epper. We're finally back to the main storyline, about the conspiracy surrounding the Invisible 9, albeit on a different angle than expected (different to the manga).

In any case, this was very very good, and my ratings can finally reach the upper ranks again. A solid 8 of a very promising episode.

PLEASE let's hope that we're getting into the main arc now! That's when the story fully takes off.
Old 2006-12-13, 18:55   Link #5
Mandrake

grrr...watching pumpkin scissors will be painful now due to cliffhangers
Old 2006-12-14, 00:20   Link #6
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Finally! an interesting episode at last.
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-12-14, 01:16   Link #7
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

On the plus side, it wasn't another filler episode. But I still didn't think it was that great. A lot of the attempts at drama didn't really come off as that gripping. I think the fillers have, in a sense, crippled this show since I'm finding it hard to get interested in it again. Doesn't help that it looks like it's going to be a standard conspiracy plot line and we haven't, as yet, had any major plot-twists.
Old 2006-12-14, 01:53   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Finally! an interesting episode at last.
Spoiler:
naw knowing how oblivious alice can get when noticing these things it would have to take longer or come from orland's mouth

wow finally a good ep...
Spoiler:

nice cliffhanger there but the preview says it all ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-14, 07:59   Link #9
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
naw knowing how oblivious alice can get when noticing these things it would have to take longer or come from orland's mouth

wow finally a good ep...
Spoiler:

nice cliffhanger there but the preview says it all ~
Yes damn good episode, lots of juicy developments and intrigue. I think Dalton, if he is indeed in cohorts with Muse Kauplan, is in way over his head (and will pay the price next ep by account of the preview). Muse Kauplan is one sinister lady, the brains behind the Invisible 9 and the first real villain - though I suspect there's someone else much higher up involved. As for Cecile's brother's article: if it implicates the Kauplan Institute it may reveal Orland as living proof of the experiment.

I'm still not sure why the kidnappers are packing flintlocks, surely the most sluggish and unreliable weapon anyone could have in a hostage situation. I'm sure Alice knows this...
Old 2006-12-14, 10:42   Link #10
Mentar
Banned

Dalton is certainly not cooperating with Kauplan, in fact, Kauplan immediately killed Dr. Colt after she learned who he got his informations from (Dalton). Also, look at the preview. Looks like Dalton is living on borrowed time...
Old 2006-12-14, 10:51   Link #11
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Some development at last; Alice got kidnapped in order to try and bring out the army's dirty laundry, particularly about Invisible 9. And we see what happens if anyone finds out about it when the tank doctor gets murdered for knowing too much, with the reporter being the next likely victim.
Old 2006-12-15, 11:51   Link #12
Lost

Dalton is an incredibly lousy investigative reporter. He carries all his intentions on his face and in his tone.

Yay, I'm actually looking forward to (seeing bad man's head blown off - how dare you threaten Elice - in) the next episode.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-12-15 at 12:10.
Old 2006-12-15, 11:56   Link #13
ThoHell

Oh dang, this scandal is getting intense!
Old 2006-12-15, 13:24   Link #14
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Oh, plot, how I've missed you.

And I was just about to give up on this show... but this ep was interesting enough to keep me for a little while longer.
Old 2006-12-15, 14:16   Link #15
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Dalton is an incredibly lousy investigative reporter. He carries all his intentions on his face and in his tone.
Spoiler for episode 12 preview:

Anyway, my my, an interesting Pumpkin Scissors episode at last, I hope this is just a beginning and not everything is solved by the end of second part.
Old 2006-12-15, 14:44   Link #16
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Dalton is certainly not cooperating with Kauplan, in fact, Kauplan immediately killed Dr. Colt after she learned who he got his informations from (Dalton). Also, look at the preview. Looks like Dalton is living on borrowed time...
well for the time being it seems that kauplan is using dalton to get more info on the invisible 9...
but what i dont get is that if she had a part in their creation (she hinted it when she told colt about a "specimen" (orland i presume) is reaching second stage of development why would she need dalton ~
if she alread knows what there is to know about the invisible 9's then surely she could have just bumped him off like colt

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-15, 14:53   Link #17
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I don't like Kauplan the instant she made a debut on the previous episodes. When she said something evolve....does she mean it literaly? Probably hm? Oland might turn into a real monster soon . Oh well, we'll see what happens as the story progress
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-12-15, 15:45   Link #18
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well for the time being it seems that kauplan is using dalton to get more info on the invisible 9...
Hmm... what makes you think so? I'd say it's clear from the circumstances that she "made" Oland, and since Oland's 901-ATT is part of the Invisible 9, she's I9 herself. So why should she want to learn anything from a reporter which she should know better in the first place?

Quote:
but what i dont get is that if she had a part in their creation (she hinted it when she told colt about a "specimen" (orland i presume) is reaching second stage of development why would she need dalton ~

if she alread knows what there is to know about the invisible 9's then surely she could have just bumped him off like colt
I doubt that he needs him. I think she's just going to see him dead, either personally or through someone else loyal to the I9. She's simply gonna shut him up, that's all (since she only tried to learn from Dr.Colt who was actually investigating things).
Old 2006-12-15, 16:56   Link #19
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hmm... what makes you think so? I'd say it's clear from the circumstances that she "made" Oland, and since Oland's 901-ATT is part of the Invisible 9, she's I9 herself. So why should she want to learn anything from a reporter which she should know better in the first place?
True. I'm not so sure now that Dalton is linked to Kauplan. But the thing is the Door Knocker was just one of many arms examples in Colt's office. Why did Dalton think that one in particular was worthy of investigation unless he knew the DK's history from somewhere? To anyone else it was just a big gun (albeit a protype), so unless you knew of its significance and its history, you wouldn't give it a second glance.

Maybe he knows about Cecile's brother's article? Cecile looked particularly horrified at Dalton's apparent death in the preview, so perhaps they are familiar...

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-12-15 at 17:11.
Old 2006-12-15, 22:05   Link #20
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I rather enjoyed this episode we got to see a little bit more about the civil unrest in the country. Plus it looks like the invisible nice story is starting to be touched on again. I never thought that those people would threaten Alices sisters i think that was a bad move. Plus if anything happens to Alice Oland will go off Berserk style