AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-28, 23:00   Link #10081
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Did Zaft ever have any other new moblie suit plans set up for Rey in case. He never got Legend being passed to him if Athrun had stayed?
Old 2013-11-28, 23:02   Link #10082
monster

He probably would've gotten either the Impulse or a Gouf.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 00:48   Link #10083
S.Freedom

Yeah had Athrun not defected he likely would've gotten the Impulse while Luna would've either gotten a Phantom or at best a Gouf.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 01:09   Link #10084
The American Average
2LMES

but this is the CE, everyone gets gundams so Zaft would have had another Savior and a new gundam just waiting for Luna and Rey.
Old 2013-11-29, 01:15   Link #10085
Deadpool2000

While in real life nuclear reactors don't explode... In fiction they often do. Freedom's likely would have if Kira hadn't turned off the Neutron Jammer Canceller.

There is a mountain of evidence the explosion is from the Tanhausser. Most notably the beam pointing at it and the Mushroom cloud being far in the background while the Impulse is in the foreground (ie not in the middle of it).

My favorite part of Wacky's video is the insistence that Kira tried to kill Shinn... It amazes me how many people like to believe that.

Anyone remember Weltall's video about that too? Geez...
Deadpool2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 03:40   Link #10086
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
While in real life nuclear reactors don't explode... In fiction they often do. Freedom's likely would have if Kira hadn't turned off the Neutron Jammer Canceller.

There is a mountain of evidence the explosion is from the Tanhausser. Most notably the beam pointing at it and the Mushroom cloud being far in the background while the Impulse is in the foreground (ie not in the middle of it).

My favorite part of Wacky's video is the insistence that Kira tried to kill Shinn... It amazes me how many people like to believe that.

Anyone remember Weltall's video about that too? Geez...
Are you talking about the part where he says Kira was aiming for the cockpit right before the Impulse split to dodge the beam saber blow?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 04:46   Link #10087
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Are you talking about the part where he says Kira was aiming for the cockpit right before the Impulse split to dodge the beam saber blow?
I think that was the only time out of the whole battle where anyone could think that Kira was trying to kill Shinn, and that alone should make one wonder whether he really was trying to kill Shinn at that moment.

Personally, I think that scene was more about showing off the Impulse's impressive ability rather than any indication of Kira's intent to kill. Had Kira aimed noticeably low, it would've been silly for Shinn to use that maneuver.
Old 2013-11-29, 08:52   Link #10088
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I think that was the only time out of the whole battle where anyone could think that Kira was trying to kill Shinn, and that alone should make one wonder whether he really was trying to kill Shinn at that moment.

Personally, I think that scene was more about showing off the Impulse's impressive ability rather than any indication of Kira's intent to kill. Had Kira aimed noticeably low, it would've been silly for Shinn to use that maneuver.
Yeah if Kira tried to kill Shinn, he wouldn't have gone back to non-kill strategy when he stabbed at the Impulse's head as Shinn stabbed him with the anti-ship sword......
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 10:59   Link #10089
Deadpool2000

Yeah, that's the part I was talking about. It's a rather common belief that never made any sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I think that was the only time out of the whole battle where anyone could think that Kira was trying to kill Shinn,
You'd think so, but there are people who think the scene where he cut off the head was also an attempt to kill that Shinn dodged...

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20105898X7pcApxB

It is weird as hell...
Old 2013-11-29, 11:24   Link #10090
quagmire

It's people desperate trying to show Kira being a hypocrite with his no kill policy. The issue is we already know that Kira will kill if absolutely necessary as seen him killing Rau and willing to kill Durandel.
Old 2013-11-29, 11:27   Link #10091
Soaring Griffin

Yeah those claims of Kira trying to kill Shinn are pretty nonsensical, it's mostly people who really hate Kira and want him to look bad that claim that.

As for Wacky, it's best just to ignore him. He has such an irrational hatred for destiny and goes so far out of his way to try and prove it's terribleness that it's rather creepy. He also keeps claiming that there's a huge "cult of Jesus Yamato" that I've never seen.
Soaring Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 11:38   Link #10092
NeutralZero

Just where did that jesus Yamato coming from? really crazy...
and if Kira was trying to kill shinn then he would be dead...
after all that is not under the training he's been and not that familiar with...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 12:05   Link #10093
CBredbeard
Banned

You know, if Core Splendor had been damaged, which is something that could have easily happened, Shinn's entire strategy would have been thrown out the window. Take a bit off here or there and suddenly the pieces don't all fit together lol
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 12:17   Link #10094
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
You know, if Core Splendor had been damaged, which is something that could have easily happened, Shinn's entire strategy would have been thrown out the window. Take a bit off here or there and suddenly the pieces don't all fit together lol
Kira was never in a position to damage the core splendor.
Old 2013-11-29, 12:42   Link #10095
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Kira was never in a position to damage the core splendor.
Sure he was. He hacked off Impulse's head and limbs like any other MS he'd gone up against. If he'd understood that he needed to damage the torso even a little bit, things would have turned out differently. Especially since the power plant was located in the Core Splendor.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 12:54   Link #10096
Deadpool2000

Finding a place to slice that damage the Core Splendor and doesn't kill the pilot may not be possible... It'd certainly be difficult to find without a precise schematic of how the Impulse works.

All in all, Shinn's strategy was relatively sound. I mean, sure, it's a little insane to depend on your opponent valuing your life more than his own, but it's hard to argue with results...
Old 2013-11-29, 13:04   Link #10097
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Sure he was. He hacked off Impulse's head and limbs like any other MS he'd gone up against. If he'd understood that he needed to damage the torso even a little bit, things would have turned out differently. Especially since the power plant was located in the Core Splendor.
As deadpool stated, it would be hard for Kira to hit the core splendor when docked with the leg and chest flyers without injuring/killing Shinn since the Core splendor becomes pretty compact when docking. If he was to damage the core splendor it would be when he chopped off the leg/head and Shinn went to get a new chest flyer.

But, Shinn protected himself by sending the damaged chest flyer into the Freedom and blowing it up sending Freedom into the mountains which allowed Shinn to dock with the new one.

Are we sure the main power plant is in the Core Splendor( I'm sure the core splendor has its own power source, but I doubt it solely powers the Impulse when docked)? It wouldn't be a big battery and with PSA, it would drain quickly. I think the main battery would be in the chest flyer. This isn't like the Strike with the Striker Packs having batteries too.
Old 2013-11-29, 13:35   Link #10098
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool2000 View Post
Yeah, that's the part I was talking about. It's a rather common belief that never made any sense to me.

You'd think so, but there are people who think the scene where he cut off the head was also an attempt to kill that Shinn dodged...

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v20105898X7pcApxB

It is weird as hell...
Oh yeah, I remember now. I even had this exact argument in this forum. Oh well, like quagmire said, the most telling moment is their final moment when Kira still went for the head.
Old 2013-11-29, 14:26   Link #10099
Aquaman OS

Watching the remaster it actually looks like Kira is trying to swing upwards into Impulse (similar to how Shinn disabled Gaia by only grazing the cockpit area with his saber leaving Stella alive) but readjusts his swing at the last second to move harmlessly between the two pieces when Shinn seperates because he'd otherwise be chopping the top part in half and killing him.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 14:29   Link #10100
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC there were only two instances in that fight where it looks like Kira was attempting a killing blow--the aforementioned split-from-the-sword, and the final charge on the Freedom, as the Freedom positioned its sword to stab the Impulse when the Impulse was about to stab the Freedom.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep