AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 67 59.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 30.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-09, 19:19   Link #41
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beo View Post
Do not think its insecurity at all, it more like possessiveness. It was like her saying that this is mine, any other woman is not allowed to flirt, including mother, with him. Her mother knew what was going on and was teasing her a bit.
I believe its more like she KNOWS how freaking hot her mum is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post
Also, the preview had me cracking up. *Whistles* It's about time, Tomoya...
LOL, yes the preview was fun. Tomoya's reaction SO reminded me of Alto (Macross F) for some reason

禁則事項です
Old 2009-01-09, 19:53   Link #42
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nagisa:
A girl who is kind and understanding....I want one.
Old 2009-01-09, 20:08   Link #43
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Don't we all.
Old 2009-01-09, 20:44   Link #44
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

Not trying to sound new-agey or anything (if that's the approriate term), but am I the only one nonplussed at the fact that two people have got married despite the fact that they've never even kissed That's gotta be worth some ribbing from the guys in work!
Old 2009-01-09, 20:50   Link #45
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The thing is that it is heavily implied they kissed already. That said, it seems the scripters decided they didn't need such kind of scene to portray them as a couple.
Well, don't take my words as a fact, it is an assumption considering how the execution of their scenes so far.
Old 2009-01-09, 21:03   Link #46
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

My theory is that the channel this is broadcast on objects to showing kissing. Or something.
Old 2009-01-09, 21:05   Link #47
kimchipride
Geass User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
My theory is that the channel this is broadcast on objects to showing kissing. Or something.
nope, nothing of that sort
Old 2009-01-09, 21:22   Link #48
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That minute and a half of drunk Nagisa/Sanae makes it worth it.
Yeah, in total agreeance.

This entire episode bored the hell out of me, but I can't pick at it. The two of them are married, and no matter how INEXPLICABLY DULL AND LIFELESS I think Nagisa is, they're a married couple now, and that's something you almost never see in anime, so I'm for it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-01-09, 22:11   Link #49
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Too bad there wasn't a big wedding day, where Sunohara would've provided us with plenty of laughs

禁則事項です
Old 2009-01-09, 23:03   Link #50
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well the episode was alright. But I think aswell that the baseball and ceremony scenes were kinda dull. Oh well.. As for the absence of marriage ceremonial, that was kinda lame. Not that I care for ceremonial itself but I find it weird that all the time passed in the anime by now, they have not kissed even ONCE. ( Well they probably '' have '', but it was never shown on the anime )... Whyyy >=(

-Klashikari. Maybe so, but even if we know they are couple already, what stops them for showing us a goddamnkit kiss asdasfsdf >.<
Old 2009-01-09, 23:07   Link #51
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The thing is that it is heavily implied they kissed already. That said, it seems the scripters decided they didn't need such kind of scene to portray them as a couple.
Well, don't take my words as a fact, it is an assumption considering how the execution of their scenes so far.
When? I mean, they might have shown it explicitly in the game, but there wasn't even a hint in the anime. From memory, they cut to the end of the episode right before the equivalent scene in the game. So there couldn't possibly have been even a hint.

I really liked the overall sentiment of this episode, particularly towards the end. I did think the baseball stuff was a bit overblown (as someone mentions, Clannad seems to love using sports to drive important plot points), but the basic meaning of the scene was stated in no uncertain terms. The drunken Nagisa scene was probably the funniest scene in this series (After Story has been no where near as funny as the first season of Clannad so far, which I guess makes sense, since this is a lot more serious). And the final two (and very important) scenes were touching. It was very much a case of "looking back then going forward" with the graduation followed by a wedding sans ceremony.
Old 2009-01-10, 00:38   Link #52
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

一流……滿分10/10!

Loved drunk Nagisa, the graduation ceremony, and even the way Okazaki and Nagisa handled their wedding: simple, crisp and sweet, without all the frivolous fuss that modern couples undertake. The world needs more couples like them.

More later...
Old 2009-01-10, 00:46   Link #53
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lualdi View Post
-Klashikari. Maybe so, but even if we know they are couple already, what stops them for showing us a goddamnkit kiss asdasfsdf >.<
That's also my biggest problem with Clannad. Every time there's a touching scene, or even hand-holding, I think "that's nice... but it's missing the kiss. >.>" Even if KyoAni is rabidly against showing kisses fully, even an implied kiss scene would be nice. A married couple who's only gone as far as hand-holding is such a joke.

... THough I wished for a minute the drunk scene would to pull a fast one on us!
Old 2009-01-10, 01:29   Link #54
king12354

Aw, poor Fuko.
Old 2009-01-10, 01:47   Link #55
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post
That's also my biggest problem with Clannad. Every time there's a touching scene, or even hand-holding, I think "that's nice... but it's missing the kiss. >.>"
I prefer it without the kiss. Personally, I think kissing is overrated and Western society (and increasingly Asian society too) places too much prominence on salivary exchange. It really irks me how almost every British or American novel or movie defines romance with a kiss... two corny examples in mind: Harry Potter and Disney's "Enchanted" -_-

[Addendum]
To be fair, an Asian example of over-emphasis on the kiss: Taiwanese drama serial 惡作劇之吻 based on the manga "Itazura na Kiss" (I haven't read the manga so I don't know if it includes the TV serial's pathetic monologues about 「接吻」/kissing).

Last edited by Yukinokesshou; 2009-01-10 at 01:58.
Old 2009-01-10, 01:50   Link #56
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

There's a difference between removing the unfair and almost morbid focus it may be receiving in some cultures and removing it altogether though.
Old 2009-01-10, 01:54   Link #57
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
There's a difference between removing the unfair and almost morbid focus it may be receiving in some cultures and removing it altogether though.
Hmm, fair point. There's a scene in the VN in which Tomoya and Nagisa share their first kiss whilst watching Akio play baseball (and no, this isn't a spoiler, because it happened long before their marriage...)
Old 2009-01-10, 01:56   Link #58
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah even I was wondering about it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-01-10, 01:58   Link #59
GreatTeacherKen

This episode felt somewhat nostalgic for me. It was great seeing the gang back, albeit temporarily.
Old 2009-01-10, 02:26   Link #60
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Definitely enjoyed that one and it was a good note to start with after that hiatus.

Though the sheer emotive atmosphere that this episode generated has been mentioned at length along with the lightheartedness of the family gathering, Nagisa's little speech was extremely endearing and served to remind us just how far she's come along. Time sure flies and sometimes, all that it takes to appreciate the present is to look back upon the past. And of course, to move on into the future now that both of them have resolved to be one and it'll be interesting to watch the story unfold from here on out. I imagine there'll be some interesting adjustments to be made.
Closed Thread