AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 01:14   Link #2121
Cyrogen

The first season was definitely better. The second season wasn't bad, but didn't have the same draw to watch every ep as soon as they were downloaded.

http://wartdf.wordpress.com/
Cyrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 01:29   Link #2122
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

It's the opposite for me, I liked this season more than the first. I didn't really liked the forced drama in the previous season, especially since I knew it would all work out anyway. The addition of so many characters may have given it a bit of an unbalanced feeling, but if this is just a prelude to a third season (and I see no reason to assume it's not), I think that should sort itself out eventually.
Old 2012-10-11, 07:01   Link #2123
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
It's the opposite for me, I liked this season more than the first. I didn't really liked the forced drama in the previous season, especially since I knew it would all work out anyway. The addition of so many characters may have given it a bit of an unbalanced feeling, but if this is just a prelude to a third season (and I see no reason to assume it's not), I think that should sort itself out eventually.
I can see your point regarding the forced story, but I still think it was better even if it was forced. There wasn't really a story to this season. It was a just hodge-podge of one-episode stories, for the most part.

For me, none of the new characters really did it for me so it was a disappointment to see so many new ones added while characters like Leo, Eclair, and Yuki got less time; yes, each character still got a lot because they're so close to the main character, but it was significantly less than they had in the first season. Leo especially had less time compared to the other two.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 09:42   Link #2124
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I liked the casual episodes in S1 more than the plot ones, however the episodes in S2 lacked a certain coherency. They were jumping from one thing to another with little in the way of a cohesive narrative. If they fix that for S3, I say bring on another badge of casual episodes.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 22:26   Link #2125
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I liked the casual episodes in S1 more than the plot ones, however the episodes in S2 lacked a certain coherency. They were jumping from one thing to another with little in the way of a cohesive narrative. If they fix that for S3, I say bring on another badge of casual episodes.

That is the thing, it might be hard to make 13 episodes that string together with a plot work when there is no serious element or drama. It'd be much easier to do that when there is some amount of seriousness.

Plus, they built things into the series that they could work off of that show that there can be dangers in Flonyard. Why build that into Season 1, and then just completely forgo it in both Season 2 and Season 3. It'd look like the producer is just running about with no real direction for the series.
Old 2012-10-16, 18:39   Link #2126
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
It'd look like the producer is just running about with no real direction for the series.
Careful, don't tempt fate.

We're talking about Tsuzuki here
Old 2012-10-16, 19:21   Link #2127
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Careful, don't tempt fate.

We're talking about Tsuzuki here
What other series has he worked on?
Old 2012-10-17, 05:49   Link #2128
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I wonder if Couver can do this :

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 06:38   Link #2129
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I wonder if Couver can do this :

Well, the way Becky's treated her tail must have been good for something, right?
Old 2012-10-17, 10:14   Link #2130
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
What other series has he worked on?
I don't know if this still on topic, but in context, the series Nanoha is very similar (if much more serious), also by 7Arc.
Old 2012-10-17, 10:17   Link #2131
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I thought he also made the story of Nanoha FORCE? It's not like that I dislike it... but having the girls in Dog Days get a similar experience is not something that I'm not sure I really want.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 17:40   Link #2132
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

There's a lot of things need to be said about FORCE, but then, it's become off topic. Most of the fandom simply hope that yes, Dog Days won't take the same approach assuming third or even fourth season does happen.
Old 2012-10-20, 10:49   Link #2133
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

S3: Grimdarkness, and Leon gets Worf'd...

...nah.
Old 2012-10-21, 03:33   Link #2134
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
There's a lot of things need to be said about FORCE, but then, it's become off topic. Most of the fandom simply hope that yes, Dog Days won't take the same approach assuming third or even fourth season does happen.

What happens in Nanoha FORCE? Bad things like dark things? Or when you speak of it and what may happen with the Dog Days girls, you just mean something like multiple girls go for one guy, but no one really gets him (like, maybe no one will end up with Sinku)? I don't know what you mean.
Old 2012-10-24, 11:23   Link #2135
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Images
VA Joke from Neptunia V
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-10-25, 05:33   Link #2136
sky black swordman

^ Boobs swap. Oh how the tables have turned.XD
Old 2012-10-26, 02:14   Link #2137
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Images
VA Joke from Neptunia V
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Oh what?! I played the game yet I never noticed that?! Well they have to be fair somehow so yes, boob swap.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 18:36   Link #2138
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

There should be a Dog Days Halloween episode :

Old 2012-10-27, 18:40   Link #2139
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

You're right, there should be. Though I wouldn't mind a Christmas special either...
Old 2012-10-27, 23:03   Link #2140
supermegasonic

i dont mind anything from this anime. everything from it is awesome, lol
though i kinda want to see a serious epic battle between the heroes and the some of the top fighters. i guess an all-royale battle would be nice.

Tags
action, fantasy, sports