AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-22, 08:30   Link #81
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltrain View Post
i've seen up to episode 6 raw and the first practice game is like watching a dragon ball z fight, the practice game, i believe started on episode 3 and still ongoing.
Huh? A full 9-inning baseball game lasts about 2 hours. It's pacing extraordinarily well in the anime with the likely end of the match in the next episode. That makes it 4.5 episodes for the complete game, thus approximately 100 minutes and just short of with a standard full 9-inning baseball game. If you pay attention, they've been going through nearly every inning so far quite close to real time. It's highly unfair to call it like watching a DragonBall Z fight.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 09:19   Link #82
Seleria

Just finished episode 06 summary. That was a great episode! I really had a lot to say and had to write it on another post. ^^

Ookiku Furikabutte 06 Summary
Deep Frying Ookiku Furikabutte 06
Seleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 10:21   Link #83
leongsh
Daijoubu!

This "simple" practice game is really quite absorbing to me. I've mentioned the pacing of the game in my post above. What really fascinates me is that they made the game feel so normal and real and yet manages to develop the characters during the course of the game.
Old 2007-05-22, 12:51   Link #84
StrawHatLuffy23

Episode 3 is subbed by Saizen and Entropy.
StrawHatLuffy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 16:27   Link #85
sevenheaven7

is there any romance in this anime?
sevenheaven7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-22, 16:55   Link #86
dieseltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenheaven7 View Post
is there any romance in this anime?
i hope the add it if its not there.
dieseltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 14:04   Link #87
riseabove77

Actually, the duration of a baseball game is closer to three hours than to two. I think the pacing of the anime is just right.
riseabove77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 14:39   Link #88
Katapan
俺様祭り

Why must episode 7 be over, already... ;_;

Spoiler for ep7:

Last edited by Katapan; 2007-05-26 at 02:50. Reason: Meh, I'm still mixing up names. >_>
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 19:56   Link #89
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Why must episode 7 be over, already... ;_;

Spoiler for ep7:
Spoiler for Episode 7: Tajima:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for More on Episode 7:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for On Kanou:
Old 2007-05-27, 10:39   Link #90
Seleria

Another great episode!

Anyway, here is the english episode summary and analysis post
Ookiku Furikabutte 07 Summary
Deep Frying Ookiku Furikabutte 07
Old 2007-05-27, 20:44   Link #91
darktox

Episode 8 seems to be interesting. Someone from abe's past?
darktox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 09:46   Link #92
Seleria

@darktox Yeah, it is Haruna, Abe's pitcher during middle school

english episode summary and analysis post
Ookiku Furikabutte 08 Summary
Deep Frying Ookiku Furikabutte 08
Old 2007-06-08, 13:36   Link #93
Katapan
俺様祭り

Sorry for the somewhat pointless post, my thoughts on the latest episodes are somewhat limited because of exams so I'd rather not say too stupid things...

...but in case some people haven't read the news yet (it might be old, I really don't know), I just got to see an interesting thing on ANN.
It appears that we'll be getting a second opening theme, by Ikimonogakari. The title is "Seishun Line (青春ライン)".

I wonder which part I am looking forward to the most - the possible new animation sequence (we don't really know how A-1 Pictures works yet, so I'd rather not expect too much), or the song by Ikimonogakari... I've loved all the songs I've heard from them, especially the first Ayakashi Ayashi OP. I'll miss Dramatic for sure though.

(And now, Seleria can post as soon as her ep9 posts are ready without double posting, so that I don't have to stalk her blog to find the summary. )
Old 2007-06-11, 01:20   Link #94
Seleria

Anyway, here it is...
Ookiku Furikabutte 09 Summary

@Katapan Lol, thank you for your consideration XD I appreciate it much Feel free to stalk the blog any time ^^

I didn't hear about the second opening theme bit DX I'll miss Dramatic as well!
Old 2007-06-15, 08:58   Link #95
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I've been holding off on posting anything on Oofuri but Episode 10 was heartwarming. Mihashi is coming around. From the end of Episode 1 when he was so negative about trying to get to Koshien initially to the end of this episode when Tajima tells him to let's go to Koshien together after watching Mihashi give a demonstration of his pitching using his home pitching target and Mihashi says, "Let's". He has a circle of friends there for him - something he hasn't had.

Tajima is going to work out as probably Mihashi's best friend and biggest supporter in the team. Abe may be the catcher but he's there to extract the best out of Mihashi's pitching whereas Tajima seems to be there for Mihashi during his moments of doubts. It's hard not to notice that now in this episode after the hints in the previous episodes. First, when Mihashi misconstrues Momoe looking for another pitcher, it's Tajima that comes up with a simple idea to assure Mihashi of his status as Nishiura's main pitcher. Then, when Mihashi's mother blurts out that it's Mihashi's birthday which results in an embarassed Mihashi and while Hanai (the newly elected Captain of the team), Abe, and Sakaeguchi were figuring out how to deal with this, it's Tajima that breaks the awkward situation. Tajima may be fun-loving and free-spirited but behind all that, he's much smarter than he looks.
Old 2007-06-16, 15:42   Link #96
Katapan
俺様祭り

Yes, heartwarming is definitely the best word to define ep10. I am also enjoying the focus on Tajima we've been seeing lately - and his lines always put a smile on my face, especially when he likes to include genmitsu into them.
I should also thank Hiro Shimono for that, I am definitely taking a liking to his acting.

Spoiler for ep10:
Old 2007-06-16, 20:40   Link #97
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Spoiler for ep10:
Spoiler for re: Abe's thoughts and other Nishiura characters:

Quote:
[Taken out from the spoiler as it spoils nothing]
After rewatching the preview, I just spotted something that didn't strike me the first times I watched the episode (even though I've seen it many times). Look at how Momo-kan is dressed. That's a big change from the usual clothes. It also looks like she'll be shaking Izumi around...
Well, she is being presentable as the official coach of the team at the drawing of teams for the summer baseball qualifying rounds. It's not something that we would have thought of as Momoe due to how she usually dresses in the earlier episodes. She does dress appropriately for the occasion.
Old 2007-06-21, 17:05   Link #98
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 11 - Hanai strikes the jackpot! He draws out the spot that pairs Nishiura in the first round against..
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-25, 14:12   Link #99
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I am really glad that the show moves slowly by allowing good character development (not just for a single character) while not boring the viewer. In that aspect, it is different than Major. And, the funniness is always at a good amount.

Now, I guess it is time for also strength development (a little more advancing action) in addition to character development as the tournament is close to its start.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 17:00   Link #100
Kazuki`
Saizen Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Kazuki`
Like you say, Sazelyt, the episodes are fun to watch, even though they aren't playing in a game yet. It's great to see the serie is taking its time to build up the characters, while not delivering a boring storyline.

I wonder though, how long before they'll announce the air-time of the new episodes. As of yet, there's still only 13 episodes scheduled on television, right?
Kazuki` is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, seinen, sports