AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-24, 15:47   Link #381
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Yes that scene is awesome...
Though Krauss and the maid cafe is the best thing to come out of the cd
...Maid cafe O_o

Do I even want to know XD?
Old 2009-06-24, 15:48   Link #382
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

gAAAAAAAH! Why must I be at work and unable to downloooooooooad. ..... I wanna hear too ;_; .
Old 2009-06-24, 15:54   Link #383
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Aaaah!! I love it! >w<
Thank you, Maria sounds pretty creepy... and a little annoying... just like how I imagined she'd sound in the game. =P

Old 2009-06-24, 15:54   Link #384
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
...Maid cafe O_o

Do I even want to know XD?
Most likely, Krauss is good friends with Irie, considering his uncanny explanations regarding his... business

Also, I would like people not to offer/request for more clips unless it is for characters that haven't got a sample yet: at this rate we will have the whole DramaCD which is not allowed here.
Old 2009-06-24, 15:57   Link #385
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I'm done asking for clips, thank you very much Sterling01 for the samples. :3

So far my favorite voices are Shannon's and Jessica's, they both sound amazing.
The only voice I have a problem with is Rosa's... she STILL sounds too young to be a mother of a 9 year old potentially in her 30's.

Maria's "kihihihi" makes me wanna laugh along with her, which is what I wanted to do when playing the game as well... but not as much. X3
So I'm satisfied with Maria's voice as well, in that last clip she didn't remind me of Hanyuu at all. :3

Old 2009-06-24, 15:58   Link #386
Auria

Relistened to THAT SCENE a few times, seems to be an arrangement, I am able to hear certain harmonies that were in goldenslaughterer as well, but it's really a big arrangement. Nevertheless a very fitting one for that scene, I thought that goldenslaughterer would be a bit too dominant for the anime. But maybe we get another track in that episode then..
Old 2009-06-24, 16:03   Link #387
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion View Post
...maid cafe o_o

do i even want to know xd?
目が!目がああぁぁ!

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-06-24, 16:18   Link #388
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

As for my reactions:
1) I still have too much problems with George, Rudolf and Rosa voices. Especially Rosa who sound pretty much like a High Schooler / angst-less Kallen
2) Gohda voice is...well honestly, it is not even how I would imagine an ostentatious big guy. Nanjou sounds so deep I can only imagine him as a SLIM doctor . Meanwhile, Kinzo... lost his charisma. I liked how the VA used strength for the BEATRICE fanboy cries, but for the ranting and ceremony stuff, he sounds more like a complete lunatic guy instead of a determined "opera leader" (still wished for Wakamoto ).
Genji... sounds like a Rock, not really the stoic dignity I could imagine (and let loose often some weird "emotional" tones)
Kanon... well Kobayashi sounds like a angsty Satoshi so, it didn't that much (especially if you have watched Maria Holic)... "Okay" but that's that.
3) I'm starting to get accustomed to Ono's voice, though the problem is the ANIME design... Battler still look like a 15-16 young fellow which doesn't really match Ono's deep voice.
As for Itou's voice, she lost a bit of the TAKANO COPY EFFECT in various instances, but still hard to consider it as the voice of a vixen in her fifties
4) Krauss, Natsuhi, Jessica, hideyoshi, kyrie, kumasawa voices are good
5) Horie managed to find a new spectrum for her voice and it worked quite well I would say. That voice doesn't fit the game design, but very well for the manga and anime design.
6) Kugimiya didn't totally impress me, but I'm quite satisfied by this calm tone. Recognizable but refreshing. Still not perfect but nothing worth to complain or change.

7) First twilight was very good, albeit I think the pace was a bit "slow" with Battler's horror. The BGM was underwhelming due to the lack of major tone/volume... I would have preferred Goldenslaughterer but this one works enough, if the chorus and the main instruments are more distinct.
Ono shined a lot and I expect the fifth twilight to be even better with Ono.

I also loved the scene between George and Hideyoshi. Hideyoshi VA gave a lot of empathy and horror towards this inhuman event. Also some good "panic", "horror", "sadness" and "compassion" vibes which were well blended considering Hideyoshi extremely difficult position in this scene. Even though I still have issues with George voice, the VA did a pretty good job with the despair here (second twilight will be fun).
The BGM matches very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
目が!目がああぁぁ!
"My eyes!! MY EYES!!"
It is even more funny if you have watched Seto no Hanayome... not sure if this reference was on purpose or purely coincidental, but it is priceless

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-06-24 at 18:13. Reason: a little translation for the lost souls
Old 2009-06-24, 16:21   Link #389
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is even more funny if you have watched Seto no Hanayome... not sure if this reference was on purpose or purely coincidental, but it is priceless
There was a reference to SnH?
Old 2009-06-24, 16:23   Link #390
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
There was a reference to SnH?
See my quote, Chrono's post. It is literally a running gag with Kai, who was voiced by Ono as well
Old 2009-06-24, 16:31   Link #391
Scython

Quote:
See my quote, Chrono's post. It is literally a running gag with Kai, who was voiced by Ono as well
Oh I remember how I totally laughed tears on those scenes. Still one of Daisuke's best works. Although I never thought of a Kai reference...a little far-fetched but anyway.

Which episode was it on again?
Old 2009-06-24, 16:33   Link #392
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, both shared the same VA AND were rolling on the ground, screaming the exact same thing. Instead of saying "my eyes hurt" or something, a blunt "MY EYES, MY EYES!!"
Old 2009-06-24, 16:35   Link #393
Coruja

No goldenslaughterer makes me sad. That BGM alone made "the scene" a lot creepier and intense (and it happens to be one of my favorite tracks).
I like the voice clips, thank you so much for sharing! I'm fairly pleased with every voice so far.
Old 2009-06-24, 16:48   Link #394
chronotrig

Quote:
Well, both shared the same VA AND were rolling on the ground, screaming the exact same thing. Instead of saying "my eyes hurt" or something, a blunt "MY EYES, MY EYES!!"
Gah, and here I was about to link to a 'good' Muska MAD...but they all seem to have disappeared.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-06-24, 17:37   Link #395
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

ok so I've been searching but couldn't find anything so I'll ask here... the ED song for the 2nd ep.. it's 旋律~シラベ~ right? could someone turn it into romaji please? it's my fav song and I'd like to know what to call it at least x)

thanks in advance

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-06-24, 17:38   Link #396
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Senritsu ~ Shirabe ~
Old 2009-06-24, 18:39   Link #397
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

You know.... if Rosa had Maria when she was, let's say... 18, wouldn't that make her just 27? That's my age, and my voice is fairly young..... Just saying......

Anyways, yeah, Maria's Kihihi and spooky voice are indeed quite spooky. I'm pleased.
Old 2009-06-24, 18:42   Link #398
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysan View Post
You know.... if Rosa had Maria when she was, let's say... 18, wouldn't that make her just 27? That's my age, and my voice is fairly young..... Just saying......

Anyways, yeah, Maria's Kihihi and spooky voice are indeed quite spooky. I'm pleased.
I think Kinzo would kill her for having a kid at age 18 XD Just saying.
Old 2009-06-24, 18:44   Link #399
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Kinzo's voice is godly.
Old 2009-06-24, 18:47   Link #400
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I think Kinzo would kill her for having a kid at age 18 XD Just saying.
Well, how about 21? Three years won't make much difference, and that's not terribly unusual.
Closed Thread