AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-10, 11:23   Link #61
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Why does Sengoku acts he scared or fears everything? Every time something happens he got a little sweat-drop on his face likes under constant pressure or everybody's power is greater than his. I mean why would he be the least intimidated by Marco when he battled other people who were Legends?
Old 2009-12-10, 14:12   Link #62
ZeroForever

just read the chapter, it's interesting that they pretty much tell you that Haki doesn't auto kill logia as Aoijiki takes a blow from WB straight on and the characters think it killed him but he just tells them off while counter attacking.
Old 2009-12-10, 14:37   Link #63
Slayerx

I loved the last page the most. Garp striking down Marco and then taking a seat in one of the admiral's chairs. Along with he last statement it's almost like he's saying "if you thought the admirals were bad, then you brats haven't seen anything yet!"
Old 2009-12-10, 14:39   Link #64
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Awesome fucking chapter, this is the first time a admiral got injured and we get to learn more about bits of everything(from VA roku users to haki canceling powers). But now that Garp's in the war, I'm still not sure who will win anymore, WB vs the two legends may sound exciting but considering he's two against one plus injured, it looks like there's a even smaller chance of saving Ace. Only thing I'm disappointed about this chapter is not seeing Sengoku bust out the moves and maybe Luffy not being able to participate in the war anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I dunno.... I think Dofla running a slave-trading operation at Sabaody is already proof enough of his "pimpness". I mean, he's been making a fortune off literally selling bodies for years.....
And the time Dofla came to teach Bellamy who's his bitch? Like a pimp demanding his money back? All nostalgia to me.
Old 2009-12-10, 14:43   Link #65
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Awesome fucking chapter, this is the first time a admiral got injured and we get to learn more about bits of everything(from VA roku users to haki canceling powers). But now that Garp's in the war, I'm still not sure who will win anymore, WB vs the two legends may sound exciting but considering he's two against one plus injured, it looks like there's a even smaller chance of saving Ace. Only thing I'm disappointed about this chapter is not seeing Sengoku bust out the moves and maybe Luffy not being able to participate in the war anymore.

And the time Dofla came to teach Bellamy who's his bitch? Like a pimp demanding his money back? All nostalgia to me.
Ace is going to survive. Almost certain of it. The whole point to this fight is to give Whitebeard his death.
Old 2009-12-10, 15:28   Link #66
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Why does Sengoku acts he scared or fears everything? Every time something happens he got a little sweat-drop on his face likes under constant pressure or everybody's power is greater than his. I mean why would he be the least intimidated by Marco when he battled other people who were Legends?
Imagine what would happen to Sengoku if the WG lose this war and you'll know why.
Old 2009-12-10, 15:43   Link #67
marvelB

Well, there's not much else for me to say about the chapter that I didn't comment on from the spoilers, other than I'm still waiting to see Sengoku spring into action (hopefully sometime before the series goes into its break), and seeing another admiral receive some hurtin' from Whitebeard's crew (I agree with Blackbeard D. Kuma that Akainu is probably next since he's having a showdown with Whitebeard himself). Also, I wonder how long Luffy will be asleep this time around? So far, it looks like him and Oars received the worst beatings in this war.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
Why is that?I think he perfectly mastered his DF+the technique of the dude with long hair.

It's kind of baseless now, but I have a theory that the aforementioned Life Returns technique may be the key for Lucci to reach his Awakened form. He was already a force to be reckoned with before, but just imagine how much deadlier he'd be as an Awakened Zoan! His enhanced endurance and resilience, combined with his mastery of Rokushiki would make him nigh-impossible to defeat! I'd think it would be pretty scary to fight an opponent who can instantly recover from any and all injuries he receives......

....Uh, I dunno if Lucci would have the puffy lips like the Impel Down guardians, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post

Ah, of course. Who can forget the time Dofla forced Sarquiss to discipline that disobedient dachshund of his?
Old 2009-12-10, 16:09   Link #68
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
He always sweatdrops whenever Garp does something, it's just his thing.

I'm kind of sad that the last chapter ended with Sengoku talking about kicking some ass, and yet this chapter started without Sengoku kicking some ass . . .
Old 2009-12-10, 16:58   Link #69
kari-no-sugata

Interesting that Luffy's Gear 2 seemed to go flat when he tried to activate it. His body really must be on it's last legs.

Time for some meat

Luffy isn't the type to go down for long when there's important things to do. I think he's going to have to get his confidence back a bit, and relax a bit, before he can start making a positive contribution to the battlefield again.

Meanwhile: Look out kiddies, papa bear has come out to play
Old 2009-12-10, 17:28   Link #70
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Luffy isn't the type to go down for long when there's important things to do. I think he's going to have to get his confidence back a bit, and relax a bit, before he can start making a positive contribution to the battlefield again.
Considering how after a brutal asswhooping by 2 VA's and kizaru rendering half dead, his first words to those trying to help him were basically "i got to save ace!"... i think Luffy's got PLENTY of confidence.

Seriously, the main thing holding Luffy back is his shear lack of power... if you consider Whitebeard, his top fighters, the admirals and so forth as part of the top tier, Luffy's either second or third tier. He's out of his league in this battle of giants. So unless oda decides to pull a power up out of nowhere, what Luffy needs to calm down and recognize his own strength, by which i mean his limits.
Old 2009-12-10, 18:33   Link #71
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I was hoping we can get a slight look on both Sengoku's and Garp's strengths, but we did not get much. Except that Garp seems to be an excellent Haki user, unless that was triggered by something else...

And, I am not happy with how Luffy is being thrown over from one side to another. Completely being toyed by the Admirals. He had shown excellent haki before, which would at least be enough to shut the thin-mustache-rider's mouth completely. That sudden burst of haki before. He has yet to show that despite the fact that his brother is there waiting for the swords to fall over his head, which is a lot more critical situation than what triggered that outburst before.

As the time passed, he got weaker and weaker. He was already standing with the help of Iwa's hormone salad he ate earlier, now he is far away and unless a miracle happens, he may not show enough before this battle ends.

Anyways, since Garp and Sengoku are not really fighting, it has not reached that critical level yet, not in this chapter. So, the tides need to change once more to make them act more seriously. Hopefully, it will happen in the next chapter....
Old 2009-12-10, 18:39   Link #72
SMASHERJACKSON

whitebeard = hulk hogan
Old 2009-12-10, 19:07   Link #73
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Law and Kid had a hard time vs one Px and you think he can take down 5-10 . Are we reading the same manga ?
You have no proof of that. We didn't get to see Kidd and Law fight the pacifista they encountered at the archipelago. The anime did show some of the fight, but since those scenes never appeared in the manga they do not count.
Old 2009-12-10, 19:50   Link #74
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
As the time passed, he got weaker and weaker. He was already standing with the help of Iwa's hormone salad he ate earlier, now he is far away and unless a miracle happens, he may not show enough before this battle ends.

Let's just say that while Iva gave Luffy a small helping of hormone salad, the marines served him a big slice of humble pie with a fresh can of whoop ass on the side.

Still, while I don't like seeing Luffy getting smacked around by the marines either, we still have to remember that he was warned several times beforehand that he would be pitted against opponents who are on a completely different league from him if he were to step foot in Marineford (in other words, this scenario was to be expected). Also, notice that he still got a big beatdown despite being backed up by not only his Impel Down allies, but Whitebeard's crew, as well. As painful as it is to admit, Kizaru's got a point when he says that Luffy won't get by with a strong spirit alone......
Old 2009-12-10, 21:57   Link #75
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

Just like to confirmed if the woman with a gun who looks like a female Yakuza, one of Whitebeard's commander, was female because she was so flat-chested...
Old 2009-12-10, 22:24   Link #76
Jaieni

We've had several chapters now on the biggest war in current OP history (how long has passed, an hour or two?) and we've yet to hear anything on the Revolutionaries. Though I would expect that if Dragon is an accomplished tactician he would attack the Gotosei(sp?) and the Celestial Dragons while most of their defense is concentrated fighting WB; though it makes me wonder if the CDs are as powerless as they seem to be.
Old 2009-12-10, 22:38   Link #77
Haxeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimboy234 View Post
Just like to confirmed if the woman with a gun who looks like a female Yakuza, one of Whitebeard's commander, was female because she was so flat-chested...
Who? Trap DC? I'm about 99.99% certain that she is in fact a he.
Old 2009-12-10, 22:39   Link #78
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You have no proof of that. We didn't get to see Kidd and Law fight the pacifista they encountered at the archipelago. The anime did show some of the fight, but since those scenes never appeared in the manga they do not count.
True, got to say sorry, confuse the 2. Still i don't think kid can take out 5 -10 PX. Even with his power they just beam him to death just like they would almost any body with those numbers.
Old 2009-12-11, 02:56   Link #79
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Luffy's getting a continuing beat down left and right, Gear 2 probably wont work anymore and i don't see how haki on the level of Hancock can be much help in this situation.

Gotta love how jinbei decides to go on a suicide mission himself, We haven't seen him fighting an opponent of his level yet so here's hoping.

Also where did you guys hear about the month long break? If true then disappointing. Oh well there's always...Can't think of anything. >.<
Old 2009-12-11, 06:45   Link #80
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Luffy's getting a continuing beat down left and right, Gear 2 probably wont work anymore and i don't see how haki on the level of Hancock can be much help in this situation.

Gotta love how jinbei decides to go on a suicide mission himself, We haven't seen him fighting an opponent of his level yet so here's hoping.

Also where did you guys hear about the month long break? If true then disappointing. Oh well there's always...Can't think of anything. >.<
He temp Ko'ed Moria with 1 powerful hit.

The way this is looking, WB's alliance is gonna collapse. He needs more help......I still hold on to the hope Rayleigh turns up as well as Dragon. I'd love to see Dragon show up and help WB annihilate the Marines.
Closed Thread