AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-30, 00:20   Link #821
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Erm... you mean you want more groups to fansub episode 1? Because you know... there ain't no episode 2 yet.

Cheers.
Lol, can't wait till Spring.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 06:09   Link #822
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by narmi View Post
Lol, can't wait till Spring.
you and everyone else....

Old 2008-01-30, 06:37   Link #823
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

It's not a long wait though.. Only two solid months now, which is basically nothing with so many unexpectedly good shows like Hakaba Kitaro, True Tears, Kimi Aru, etc.

Then there's the offtopic stuff the likes of the Super Bowl (GIANTS!), Super Smash Brothers Brawl and a lot of menagerie of non-sequitur stuff to bowl just about anyone over.

aaaaand I'm marathoning ALL of Macross shows (except Macross 2. I won't watch it ever again) and maybe a twinkling of Robotech and some Rick Hunter action.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 10:19   Link #824
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

you Americans and your obsessions with bowls, honestly the Scottish are Olympic champions of bowls so just drop it, even if you are like giants.

anyway, actually i just discovered kawamori's Kiss dum, looks like a nice mecha/aircraft type anime, but only a cruel haruhi could could stop this series and have it licenced so fast after 8 episodes.

We don't get many animes like macross, the only other one i'll rate as macross like, was "yuki kaze"

serious, we need more mecha then gundam, eva or super-robot clones, its not just a three way genre

I guess you really need a kawamori to make real difference to the animated mecha scene.

shame there only seem to be, kawamori, where are your apprentices? Sensei! you need to pass on your skillz or it will be lost forever!

Old 2008-01-30, 14:22   Link #825
Warsaw
Fission Mailed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
you Americans and your obsessions with bowls, honestly the Scottish are Olympic champions of bowls so just drop it, even if you are like giants.

anyway, actually i just discovered kawamori's Kiss dum, looks like a nice mecha/aircraft type anime, but only a cruel haruhi could could stop this series and have it licenced so fast after 8 episodes.

We don't get many animes like macross, the only other one i'll rate as macross like, was "yuki kaze"

serious, we need more mecha then gundam, eva or super-robot clones, its not just a three way genre

I guess you really need a kawamori to make real difference to the animated mecha scene.

shame there only seem to be, kawamori, where are your apprentices? Sensei! you need to pass on your skillz or it will be lost forever!

Kawamori only designed the planes/mechs in Kiss Dum and it was done by Satelight so maybe he had some interaction as a studio executive or something.

Outside a few key series, studios, and people it seems the mecha genre is on the decline. Gainax has been milking EVA for over 10 years, Bandai has been green lighting anything to keep Gundam on the air and on the hobby store shelves. Its no different then movies and videogames the people with the money are afraid to back anything new and unknown they want the name to bank off of.
Warsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 07:19   Link #826
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

shame. the fact that Japan used to be the one who took the most risk with new ideas, seems to increasingly adopted western influences of taking less risk.

i think if it wasn't for macross frontier and kiss dum, the genre will be stagnated with humanoid mecha. i.e. gundam and code geass S2 this year.

Old 2008-01-31, 08:01   Link #827
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:

Well, one sport event in these months is seen around the World and that happens to be the Superbowl. Soccer is great, though it tends to be a regional thing (Europe, Asian, national divisions, etc and very rarely, the World Cup) And my hometown I emigrated to happens to be New York City. I might not even live to see another crappy New York football team make it to a championship. It's even a double whammy since our team is admittedly a hodgepodge and it's the biggest Cinderella story in sports I can remember

Quote:
I don't know about that one. The opinions range from 'fun' to 'worst anime ever'.

Quote:

Add in stuff like Code Geass or even something like Moonlight Mile with all the strange combinations of mecha, political intrigue, space, etcetera. I think mecha anime is continuing to become diverse. The Eva-wannabe craze seems to have slown down since Eureka 7 (though I loved E7 and RahXephon to death).

Quote:

Ha, as great as Kawamori is, I have to disagree. Ever since the older Macross shows, mecha design has come a LONG, long way. The vast majority of them either being very inventive or just plain awesome or somewhere inbetween.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 10:16   Link #828
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
shame. the fact that Japan used to be the one who took the most risk with new ideas, seems to increasingly adopted western influences of taking less risk.

i think if it wasn't for macross frontier and kiss dum, the genre will be stagnated with humanoid mecha. i.e. gundam and code geass S2 this year.

Lol, the industry is becoming tougher to survive and sooner or later they will try new ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Ha, as great as Kawamori is, I have to disagree. Ever since the older Macross shows, mecha design has come a LONG, long way. The vast majority of them either being very inventive or just plain awesome or somewhere inbetween.
GetterRobo, Gaint Robo, and Gaigaogar was "epic" awesome but Macross is great because of the dogfight scenes in some of the previous adaptions. Heck I can't wait to see the dogfight scenes in Macross Frontier. From what I saw in the deculture edition episode, the dogfight scenes have some promise to be awesome and with the Valkerie's different modes the battle scenes are going to be great.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 12:14   Link #829
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

as long as i get to finally see a koenig monster fly, transform and fight i'll be heaven.

seriously, the only time i've seen a monster fight, was like in episode 07 in the original series where you see a mk.II destroid monster on the macross final defence.

I. WANT. KOENIG. ACTION!

O(>_<)o
Old 2008-01-31, 21:17   Link #830
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
Quote:
Well , when Macross original was aired japan economic was in a boom, so with the recesion they had, no one want ot take risk anymore (japan is still growing at slow pace)
Cadorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 11:24   Link #831
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

you know, besides the original SDF-1 being able to transform, which originally it was not meant for this, it is surprising that the UN Spacy actually designed a ship to do this specifically.

I wonder, if the Macross class starships are the only one which can transform? i mean there really is no practical reason for it to transform, as oppose to the Valkyries, which even by Macross standard has a practical evolution, to fight against "giants" and now have years of experience to use these ultimate multi-role machines for air & ground superiority.

I suppose it won't be far off the mark if i said the starship transformation class is more of a "morality" boost for humans of the macross universe.

After all the vast psychological scar of near extinction is etch into them all, and the one thing that saved them was this (relatively) small destroyer class starship that had a power-supply malfunction.

That require that it had to move the power-feeds close to its main weapons to operate, but thanks to its movable block design, it could do that, we the coincidental effect of the ship looking humanoid.

i think the only time they would of need a mecha that big would be against the galactic whales or the protodevil ultimate form that at the end of Macross 7.

It would be quite interesting if Macross Frontier can pull of "epic" struggle, i mean last year we did officially get the Biggest mecha that dual with galaxies as discus!

i would at lease like to see those transformable starships in battloid form and animated in battle.

acutally makes you realise that Macross still have a lot to go on, if you look at Gundam you can see many of the mecha models shown animated, but in Macross, we see very little.

such as Destroids, Koneig VB-6, VB-4 other colony ships in much detail.

I mean the second time we ever see Destroids mecha animated and fighting was in Macross Zero.
Old 2008-02-01, 13:54   Link #832
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Dragonaut: The Resonance has exceptionaly nonhuman forms for its mecha in combat mode.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 15:00   Link #833
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ dahak ~ CGI crap as far as I'm concern. The fact their CGI, is partially why they look like mecha to begin with.
Old 2008-02-01, 15:07   Link #834
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Dragonaut: The Resonance has exceptionaly nonhuman forms for its mecha in combat mode.
i admit they are mecha, but they remind me too much of digimon, but on steroids and silicon implants.

i suppose i meant different as in mecha that don't just relie on strength of technology, like gundam.

more on tactics.

abit like that anime series that feature near-future ship-to-ship combat on epic scale.

it blend not only advance weaponary but tactics.

I think mecha genre needs to take a step back, perhaps drop back to the reliable tank-on-tank, bolo-like advanced but need to keep the tactics in.

we need more votoms.

failing that, just gimme a lone troop armed with his knife, his anti-mecha rifle with revenged on his mind.

Go Mellowlink!!!!

Old 2008-02-01, 15:50   Link #835
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Onizuka-GTO try Soukou no Strain, the story is not anything great, but when things heat up r00kies go RIP really quickly. (the stupid kill themselves)
They're also all technically on even ground -very similar models- only skill and tactics decide the victor. (metal on metal action)
Old 2008-02-01, 16:42   Link #836
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Onizuka-GTO try Soukou no Strain, the story is not anything great, but when things heat up r00kies go RIP really quickly. (the stupid kill themselves)
They're also all technically on even ground -very similar models- only skill and tactics decide the victor. (metal on metal action)
I've seen that, i found it enjoyable.

But its on the same sort of route of semi-gundam, incredible mecha (Gundam) fighting it out, a mecha better then the rest.

I like the real heroes, the pilots in standard mass-produced vehicles but with slight variable modifications that shows off their skills.

Those are the real "gundams" in my eyes.

maybe that's why i love Macross? the humble Vf-1's fighting the masses.

Old 2008-02-01, 16:47   Link #837
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

But its on the same sort of route of semi-gundam, incredible mecha (Gundam) fighting it out, a mecha better then the rest.

I like the real heroes, the pilots in standard mass-produced vehicles but with slight variable modifications that shows off their skills.

Amen Onizuka got to love Vf-1's or for that matter any of the fighters crossing all the universe and time spans in Macross or even the Robotech universe. Your piloting skills keep you alive in Macross not some over powered universal killing machine piloted by a 15 year old kid and thats why iv always loved it. Now im just impatient after that little cock tease they pulled with Macross Frontier im just being impatient now.
Old 2008-02-01, 17:11   Link #838
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Amen Onizuka got to love Vf-1's or for that matter any of the fighters crossing all the universe and time spans in Macross or even the Robotech universe. Your piloting skills keep you alive in Macross not some over powered universal killing machine piloted by a 15 year old kid and thats why iv always loved it. Now im just impatient after that little cock tease they pulled with Macross Frontier im just being impatient now.

yes, i think they have a cruel sense of timing, luckily been watching "True Tears" soothing, but a shame i didn't start later where i can eatch more of it then be in the same situation as this series.

Waiting for episodes.

might have to get back into SRW on my DS to satisfy my Macross crave.

Old 2008-02-01, 17:53   Link #839
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Ahhhh to be among so many who understand the glory of mecha and it's legacy. From the overwhelming invincible Super Robots making a big light show and fighting with everlasting courage and heroism right down to the soldiers slugging it out with true grit in the ever so fragile Scopedogs and one shot one kill fighter planes. It truly is a timeless motif.

And one of the few that somehow remains consistently interesting
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 18:31   Link #840
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

Did you watch Votom then?

No 15 yr old and no super mecha.

Tags
action, romance