AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 4 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 23.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-15, 18:21   Link #21
hamstar
just passing by

this episode has made me quit watching it on a weekly basis. it was 'dry' and I think I'll just watch the rest of the series when it becomes x mas.
Old 2009-06-15, 22:24   Link #22
gonzo562

this anime needs more action and tank battles ;(
Old 2009-06-16, 03:26   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
this anime needs more action and tank battles ;(
Well we already know thanks to an interview that the director is going for more of a character interaction show, and so far we can easily tell that's what is happening. I have no problem with that, and am enjoying what we're seeing as a game player. I can understand the thirst for wanting to see battle scenes, though i really don't think they're needed, even if this is a show that has war all around it.

Plus i have my theory that they're saving what they have for the important battles later on that have to happen for the story to advance.
Old 2009-06-16, 10:14   Link #24
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Plus i have my theory that they're saving what they have for the important battles later on that have to happen for the story to advance.
That would certainly be helpful to an extent, as the less money spent on a multitude of animated battle scenes, means the better looking the few important battles would be.
Old 2009-06-16, 11:31   Link #25
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Looking at the quality of the battle scenes we had so far I wouldn't bet too much on that. It didn't strike me like the team was capable of pulling credible battle scenes.
Old 2009-06-16, 12:09   Link #26
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
l highly doubt this is the case seeing as they totally skipped a MAJOR battle involving selvaria and the huge ass tank....
Old 2009-06-16, 13:43   Link #27
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
l highly doubt this is the case seeing as they totally skipped a MAJOR battle involving selvaria and the huge ass tank....
True, since they're totally reworking the plot. Hopefully they do include such a battle at a different point in ther story or at least one of equal standards. I'm not holding my breath though, due to the lack of battles we have seen so far.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2009-06-16 at 13:54.
Old 2009-06-16, 19:25   Link #28
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
True, since they're totally reworking the plot. Hopefully they do include such a battle at a different point in ther story or at least one of equal standards. I'm not holding my breath though, due to the lack of battles we have seen so far.
Agreed with both posts. The more I play the game, the less happy I am with the anime, and I'm just not in a hurry to watch it as I once was. I use to watch the RAW's first then watch it subbed(like I do other shows that interest me), however now, I just get the sub and watch it after I've caught up with other shows.
Old 2009-06-18, 03:22   Link #29
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well well well, looks like they're finally kicking the plot into a unique direction.

I kind of consider myself a rare case in the Valkyria Chronicles fandom. I've said it before way back when, but my complaint about the initial episodes wasn't that they changed too much, but that they changed too little.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but the main reason I had stopped following the series until recently was because the changes made were only small and, frankly, insignificant. Oh sure, they changed Alicia's personality and emphasized Welkin's absent minded personality, but beyond that there was nothing that really was any different from the game. If I wanted to see the same story again, I would have gone back and played the game again.

Right now after the first few railroad episodes, there are now enough changes to make me question whether key elements in the game will change. Isara's fate now that she has someone interested in her? Cordelia's heritage? Particularly that last one is of quite some significance.

This anime has managed to make me question where it is going, and in doing so has re-captured my interest. :3
Old 2009-06-18, 05:09   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

My opinion is pretty much the same as Keroko. I've played the game, and it doesn't mean i want the anime to be a complete 100% copy of it. This especially goes for this episode, and the changes added to it. It makes for a nice twist for we game players that knew what was going to happen at the end of the episode.
Old 2009-06-18, 06:20   Link #31
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

Seriously Selvaria is getting on MY NERVES! CUT THE DAMN ECCHI CRAP BREAST SHIT! Seriously it is getting annoying! I do admit Alicia looks better in a dress and should quite all this stupid army CRAP! Get Welkin to marry and get FAMILY WITH KIDS! Jaeger was surprising in this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Looking at the quality of the battle scenes we had so far I wouldn't bet too much on that. It didn't strike me like the team was capable of pulling credible battle scenes.
You want my opinion......ECCHI SHIT! That is all they are going to emphasize with some character development.
Old 2009-06-18, 06:46   Link #32
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this episode :

Another Alicia cute episode ^^
Come on Welkin be a man ... Seems that Faldio have an interest for her .
Poor Cordelia . So she's a valkyrur .
Yeah , need more actions .
Old 2009-06-18, 09:40   Link #33
Runty

Gleam released more subs. Kudos to him.
Spoiler for Episode 11, subbed:
Lots more development revealed by the subs.
Old 2009-06-18, 12:32   Link #34
owq

Lol excuse me but where does it say that von Borg doesn't want an alliance with the Fed?
Old 2009-06-18, 13:16   Link #35
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by owq View Post
Lol excuse me but where does it say that von Borg doesn't want an alliance with the Fed?
At the beginning of the episode, when he's speaking with Cordelia. At least, that's what I read from Gleam's translation.

Borg was going on about Gallia not exceeding its boundaries or something. I can't tell what he's thinking...
Old 2009-06-18, 14:06   Link #36
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
My opinion is pretty much the same as Keroko. I've played the game, and it doesn't mean i want the anime to be a complete 100% copy of it. This especially goes for this episode, and the changes added to it. It makes for a nice twist for we game players that knew what was going to happen at the end of the episode.
See, I'm only partly in this camp.

I didn't want to see a 1-to-1 copy of the game, either, but I didn't want to see major plot changes like this. Without spoiling anything I hope that what happened with Cordellia when she was taking off her headpiece or whatever is revisited later and that returns to the path of the game's story, if you catch my drift. I'd be okay with that change if that DOES happen later, because for me it'll be a plausible explanation of how she kept that piece of information under wraps for so many years. (I think I was vague enough in what I said that really only game-players should get it). I mean, it was completely innocuous now but that would be a pretty damn gigantic change as far as I'm concerned.

I was looking forward to this series as an expansion of the game. Kinda like when you translate a book to a movie you can't put everything in the movie because of time limitations... Well, the game, in order to be reasonable length, had to skip over a lot of stuff or not expand upon it because it wasn't particularly relevant to the main story. I was hoping the anime would be like a "second movie" where the story could be retold but with other things being more prominent. Like episode 9 was fantastic for me. It gives us more background on Maximillian and his relationship with the greater Imperial family and more about Selvaria that we didn't get a whole lot of in the game.

I don't want a 1-to-1 copy but I also don't want very drastic changes in the primary story line, characters, etc. so that it starts to become something that, to me, is not REALLY Valkyria Chronicles but rather something just bearing the name and little other relation.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-06-18, 16:36   Link #37
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Ok episode I guess? Other then the eye candy most of it was pretty -_-...

I'm supposing more of an overall plot will appear from here on out maybe seeing as the princess mentioned she was supposed to be a descendant of the same people Selv is.

Also had to laugh at the tank being used for a car chase in the preview...Poor thing doesn't seem to get to be used for war much anymore.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-06-18, 18:54   Link #38
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So, anyone caught the painting of Napoleon crossing the alps (even if he is technically riding a unicorn)?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-06-18, 19:36   Link #39
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post

Also had to laugh at the tank being used for a car chase in the preview...Poor thing doesn't seem to get to be used for war much anymore.
At least in the game how it was used made complete sense.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-06-18, 19:51   Link #40
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Selvaria looked so hot in this episode *__*
Which is basically the highlight for me.

Usual story setup that doesn't do much to push the boundries of imagination ie. pretty predictable.
I feel quite sorry for Faldio since I think it is pretty clear that he won't be ending up with Alicia even though he tries so hard. ah well...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread