AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-22, 05:46   Link #1041
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Now now, lectures again?

And you can think who deserves what more based on the logic, because your feelings are not involved. What's wrong with that? Or are you saying that I can only judge if I have feelings of direct involvement? That would be retarded.

I am just making a statement that Risa is more worthy than Yuki, there is no fault in such expression at all cause it is my expression of an opinion. This is a world of should and not the world of would, and sadly should rarely becomes would, I don't need your lectures to tell me that.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-04-22 at 05:57.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 06:10   Link #1042
Pentacle

It's interesting that
Spoiler:

Are they going to introduce another girl for Utsumi outside of the main 3 (4? Does Eri even count?) and make it a harem romantic drama/comedy? Or are they going to bring back Shou (lol) as a romantic interest?

With the newest chapter out, I'm really interest in seeing how Risa and Utsumi develop. They both seem naive and innocent and even if they don't wind up dating, I'm sure the experience will help both of them grow and mature.
Pentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 07:43   Link #1043
Rainrir
Tin Can

@Pentacle
Spoiler:
@Everything Else
As for the "deserves" debate, love can't be evaluated like that, as Waven said. In any case, Darknemo is entitled to his opinion. They way I see it, if Yuki never met Utsumi...He would never stepped out of his shell and he would never have the chance to show the girls around him the kind of person he is. Not to mention that Yuki's advice got him REAL close to winning the target of his initial affections over. She was there to help him when he was heartbroken. She was also there to play and have fun with him. There to tutor him when his grades are slipping. I think Yuki did alot with Utsumi for now, and has been a largely positive influence.

Until Utsumi falls for her (or rather, until she herself is forced to face up to her own feelings for Utsumi).

Last edited by Rainrir; 2010-04-22 at 08:10.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 09:45   Link #1044
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I partially agree with Nemo here Though my own input is in how a series can shove one particular character down our throats irregardless of how the protagonist and another girl might get along. "Deserves' is more about our own opinion on a story rather than the plot itself. Something shippers always seem to forgot about.

I still doubt any permanency to Risa and Utsumi, though Shou and Utsumi were also a bit too similiar (atleast initially) All this seems as much as 'development' as just dragging things on to make more chapters. Nothing wrong with that as long as the characters grow and don't remain too static.

Yuki has had a major positive impact on Utsumi, even taking into account how she's reacted to his confession. It might be partially manufactured drama (and a way to keep to story chugging along) Let's face it, if she did accept we'd be down a series into either 'slice of life' or something else entirely. Not impossible to keep the story flowing if/when they go that route.
Old 2010-04-22, 10:07   Link #1045
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacle View Post
It's interesting that
Spoiler:

Are they going to introduce another girl for Utsumi outside of the main 3 (4? Does Eri even count?) and make it a harem romantic drama/comedy? Or are they going to bring back Shou (lol) as a romantic interest?
I don't really want this series turning into a harem *GASP* but I wouldn't mind Eri getting a turn with Utsumi at one point or another. Not permanently, but you know, I wanna see what they'd be like together on a date too.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 10:23   Link #1046
Rainrir
Tin Can

Utsumi will grow the slowest if the intent is to explore everyone else's story. But as of now he already imporved alot, perhaps the pace would slow in the next dozens (I hope) of chapters.

As for Eri, I dunno. She seems like a hardcore YukixUtsumi shipper. Not to mention she hasn't given up on her old crush yet....For now, I think she seems Utsumi as more of a buddy/brother than lover material. The feeling just ain't there yet, Utsumi is really not someone that she would blush over (think of the oneshot where Utsumi pushed Yuki down on the bed...yeah...that blush would never happen with the Eri we have now).

Last edited by Rainrir; 2010-04-22 at 12:56.
Old 2010-04-22, 13:57   Link #1047
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
Utsumi will grow the slowest if the intent is to explore everyone else's story. But as of now he already imporved alot, perhaps the pace would slow in the next dozens (I hope) of chapters.

As for Eri, I dunno. She seems like a hardcore YukixUtsumi shipper. Not to mention she hasn't given up on her old crush yet....For now, I think she seems Utsumi as more of a buddy/brother than lover material. The feeling just ain't there yet, Utsumi is really not someone that she would blush over (think of the oneshot where Utsumi pushed Yuki down on the bed...yeah...that blush would never happen with the Eri we have now).
That's because Eri would be the one doing the pushing. >.>
Old 2010-04-22, 22:06   Link #1048
Rainrir
Tin Can

I think we need to understand Eri's psychology. She wanted her first time with someone who she doesn't know and has no reservations because she has no feelings for that person. Eri becomes shy and scared if it is someone she likes. It is weird, but it sorta makes sense. Eri is not confident then that she is good enough for the person she like. But when she is trying to get Utsumi to do her, she doesn't need to be good enough. She feels that men would do it so long as it has "a pair of breasts and a hole". She said so herself! It might sound like "dirty talk" and "stereotyping", but look deeply and you will realise that it also serves to inidicate that her anxiety issues include how "good" she looks. So much so that she has to justify Utsumi "doing" her by saying all she has is "a pair of breasts and a hole". I see confidence issues written all over in that line, because rarely a girl would say something like that about herself.

To her, losing it is like going on an appendix removal operation then. This is until Utsumi straightens her out. In the end, she just needs someone to do it. Preferably someone trustworthy and would not bother her after the deed. Who else is more trustworthy than the guy that bedded Yuki, the No.1 manhater Ice Queen in the school? Her logic is pretty flawed, but if you think of it as Eri feeling Yuki wtfpwnt her in looks, and looks are what guys want in a relationship (she thinks). Then it makes some kind of sense, since in her mind Utsumi would want to stick with Yuki even after they did it.

If Utsumi ever becomes someone Eri likes, she would not be even half as assertive as she had in the past. Eri is loud and vivacious, but she also have massive hangups about her looks and have some aspects of being love shy (as opposed to Risa who is generally shy). This is a pretty common teenage girl problem. Think of it this way, if Eri's design was shorthaired, flat-chested and sporty...she would have the same problems as those "tomboy" girls in japanese anime having issues with how "boyish" and "unattractive to boys". The issues comes down to hang-up about appearances.

Last edited by Rainrir; 2010-04-23 at 09:59.
Old 2010-04-23, 08:57   Link #1049
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Yet, she's one of the hottest girls there... sigh.

Reminds me of my sister. My sister is 29 and a beautiful girl (according to my friends... I still see her as the young kid I raised :P ). All her life, she's believed she was "fat", even though she only weighs like 130 lbs and is nearly as tall as me (she's about an inch shorter at 5' 7"). No matter how skinny she got, she believed she was fat and ugly, though no one else saw it. Self-esteem issues suck. I'm just glad she never turned anorexic... and I'm glad she found herself a great guy and has gotten over all that.

I think I may have been part of her problem, though. I've always been scrawny and having a brother who weighs less than you, even though he's taller, can be disheartening (though as soon as I hit 30, that changed... argh, need to start doing sit-ups!)
Old 2010-04-23, 10:27   Link #1050
ZeKeR
Superbad

so guys... what will be the final pairing be?
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 10:31   Link #1051
Rainrir
Tin Can

Smart money is on Yuki. If we go by how the oneshot turned out.

Then again, anything can happen. I only hope that the manga lasts till it can end naturally. I see worrying signs that some of the negativity and hate is getting to the author. What is this world we live in, where people slew only hate, poison and anger? Where is the Love, can we live for more than just the bad things?

Oh the humanity.
Old 2010-04-23, 13:11   Link #1052
Xagzan

Quote:
Smart money is on Yuki. If we go by how the oneshot turned out.

Then again, anything can happen. I only hope that the manga lasts till it can end naturally. I see worrying signs that some of the negativity and hate is getting to the author. What is this world we live in, where people slew only hate, poison and anger? Where is the Love, can we live for more than just the bad things?

Oh the humanity.
I dunno, I think she's still going about the series just fine. We got an early confession from Utsumi to Yuki sure, but they still have some pretty big issues to get through before they can end up together. And now Utsumi's started going out with Risa. So, yeah, I don't see it ending soon, ideally. And I don't think there's been much hate since the whole Shou hickey business.
Old 2010-04-23, 13:26   Link #1053
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Personally, this is how it should ends:

Utsumi and Yuki decides that it's best they stay just as friends, they helped each other overcome their problems but are incompatible romantically. Yuki stays single and Utsumi continues to date Risa.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 13:55   Link #1054
Rainrir
Tin Can

I dunno what manga you are reading, but Yuki and Utsumi has more chemistry than a science lab. Having issues =/= Romantically Incompetible.

I infer this because I read the burb on her second Tankoubon....which sounded like she is under quite a bit of UNNECESSARY stress.

Last edited by Rainrir; 2010-04-23 at 14:13.
Old 2010-04-23, 14:08   Link #1055
Xagzan

One thing I've learned from Bakuman is that being a mangaka is always very stressful.
Old 2010-04-23, 14:09   Link #1056
Darknemo2000

Quote:
I infer this because I read the burb on her second Tankoubon....which sounded like she is under quite a bit of stress.
She does sound like a person who likes to over dramatize things so I don't know how much of that is real and how much is talked into herself. It doesn't change the fact that she is under stress though, be it real or more imagined.
Old 2010-04-23, 14:33   Link #1057
Rainrir
Tin Can

Not all the mangakas get to be attacked because of their work, I don't even remember something like that happened prior to the late 90s. I do notice that these otakus nowadays like to attack female mangakas, I have yet to see them take on a male mangaka these days. I suppose it is some kind of perverse pleasure? Knowing that ladies would take it alot harder than guys in general. The last time I saw them take a male mangaka, the mangaka essentially left a large "screw you" message to the flamers in his manga in the end. I suppose trolling don't work on some people. In any case, not everyone has the same character, nor SHOULD everyone HAVE the same character. Sad, sorry otakus are just sad, sorry otakus. Things are getting from bad to worse in that fringe culture.

I wouldn't make assumptions about her character since I don't know her personally (maybe I do? That's for me to know). However, nobody I know likes to get constant hate mail from people who don't let go or are too obstinate to even release how...out there...they sound. Nor do they deserve or like unfounded crticism from people who don't evaluate the work seriously (if at all).

Edit: From what I see. The otakus still have not let up on their attacks. Shou incident happened in last year. The tank is released 1 month ago, mangaka usually don't write their forewords until about 1 month before publishing.
Old 2010-04-23, 14:38   Link #1058
Darknemo2000

I saw worser attacks than that. And really, those who do different stuff from others usually get attacked, and it doenst go for mangaka's and otaku's only, grown up, and even old poeple act very retarded when they face something that they do not want to face as it does strike their usual expectations upside down.

So really... its not sorry otaku's, but rather sorry nature of a human... not all are like that but there are always those who do not like changes and tend to act harshly regarding them.

And again, in my opinion those attacks against author were not all that bad honestly... I have seen much worse so I do think she is overreacting a bit.
Old 2010-04-23, 14:43   Link #1059
Rainrir
Tin Can

Name them, I don't remember any that didn't happen in the last 10 years. The otaku fandom is now one that I find which often likes to go onto the extremes. I don't want to justify fringe, extreme behavoir as mainstream or human nature, because it will just make people think "oh that's normal" or "oh its ok". No, IT IS NOT normal and people need to know that. People need to know that people don't and cannot be assholes of other people because they can. In that path lies nothing for our collective future. I have yet to see so much otaku rage in last 5-10 years than in the 15-20 odd years I read manga.

What happen to the days when people read manga to be entertained? Where people read to be happy, to know a story?? When did everything become SRS BSN, and anyone that don't agrees to what I think should happen are all sub-human? In the end, it is just literature and art. It is not politics or justice or things that actually are more justified to rage over. If you don't like, don't read. No need to start hate campaigns or go around tearing people down. Those people who take something that people are meant to enjoy...like manga and make it some kind of crazy rallying cry for "pesudo jihad" are the people who need to grow up.

Last edited by Rainrir; 2010-04-23 at 15:21.
Old 2010-04-23, 15:22   Link #1060
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I wonder if Kanngai will ever actually finish or if it'll remain one of the tragedies of the otaku's rage.

What did the blurb in the tankobon say? Just that she was stressed from the rage?

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi