AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-09, 11:17   Link #201
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
truthly a amazing fine.
its a good thing there's something behind those names.
most of them are based on medievel weapons or ancient mythologies.
Old 2006-11-17, 03:25   Link #202
Kesshin-Hakari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
I was doing some research on FMP! mecha, so this is a compilation of what I have fond

Amalgam

Spoiler for novel reader only:

Plan1056 Codarl
Plan1058 Codarl-I
Plan1059 Codarl-M

Plan1211 Alastor

Plan1501 Behemoth

All the name of Amalgam AS come from biblical monster/evil being.
Codarl is the name used by ADV, I haven't been able to remember the "true" name.

Mithril

ARX-6 Halberd
ARX-7 Arbalest

The ARX are named after medieval weapon.

M9D Falke
M9E Gernsback

TDD-1 Tuatha de Danaan

USA

M4
M6, M6A1, M6A2 Bushnell
M6A3 Dark Bushnell
XM9

USSR

Rk-89 Shamrock
Rk-91, Rk-92 Savage
Zy-98 Shadow

Japan, France, United Kingdom and Germany have also their respective AS : Type-96, Mistral II, Cyclone and Drache

ARX-6 Halberd? where's that in FMP? ive never heard of it before.
Old 2006-11-17, 04:11   Link #203
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesshin-Hakari View Post
ARX-6 Halberd? where's that in FMP? ive never heard of it before.
I don't remember when they have spoken about this AS (novel or anime). We only know the name of the ARX-6 and that all of the ARX prior to the Arbalest were total failure.
Old 2006-11-17, 05:02   Link #204
Ajeje_Brazolf

arx-6 was nominated by leonard in COMO
Old 2006-11-17, 16:17   Link #205
masterwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
I was doing some research on FMP! mecha, so this is a compilation of what I have fond

Amalgam

Plan1056 Codarl
Plan1058 Codarl-I
Plan1059 Codarl-M

Plan1211 Alastor

Plan1501 Behemoth

All the name of Amalgam AS come from biblical monster/evil being.
Codarl is the name used by ADV, I haven't been able to remember the "true" name.

Mithril

ARX-6 Halberd
ARX-7 Arbalest

The ARX are named after medieval weapon.

M9D Falke
M9E Gernsback

TDD-1 Tuatha de Danaan

USA

M4
M6, M6A1, M6A2 Bushnell
M6A3 Dark Bushnell
XM9

USSR

Rk-89 Shamrock
Rk-91, Rk-92 Savage
Zy-98 Shadow

Japan, France, United Kingdom and Germany have also their respective AS : Type-96, Mistral II, Cyclone and Drache
wow i never know that all of amalgam's AS are named after evil object.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajeje_Brazolf View Post
arx-6 was nominated by leonard in COMO
hey why did it start with arx-6 not the other beginning numbers or what happend to them.
Old 2006-11-17, 16:27   Link #206
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Shouji Gatou only provided us with the names for ARX5 and upwards. Nobody ever said it started at '5'...just that the information for the most recent ARXes is around, possibly for the sole purpose (as a footnote, afterthought or mere anecdote for the story, probably) to say that all attempts to create a working ARX prototype failed before Take number 7, AKA Arbalest, reached (more or less) its completion and showed signs of long-awaited success.

The other ARXes were probably either a complete failure, were never fielded as operational unit (with or without the Lambda Driver testbeds and prototypes, if that's what the ARX programs were meant for) or uninteresting enough to be overlooked and not be given further thought. It's not like we truly need their names. A few only (and the most recent, please) will suffice. Moreover, since pretty much everything related to black technology is wreathed in shadows, it's normal for the information not to arise, especially if it's of no consequence (and even more so if, according to the aforementioned pieces of information, all previous ARXes were quickly trashcanned).

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-11-19 at 13:16.
Old 2006-11-18, 10:37   Link #207
Kesshin-Hakari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Shouji Gatou only provided us with the names for ARX6 and upwards. Nobody ever said it started at '6'...just that the information for the most recent ARXes is around, possibly for the sole purpose (as a footnote, afterthought or mere anecdote for the story, probably) to say that all attempts to create a working ARX prototype failed before Take number 7, AKA Arbalest, reached (more or less) its completion and showed signs of long-awaited success.

The other ARXes were probably either a complete failure, were never fielded as operational unit (with or without the Lambda Driver testbeds and prototypes, if that's what the ARX programs were meant for) or uninteresting enough to be overlooked and not be given further thought. It's not like we truly need their names. A few only (and the most recent, please) will suffice. Moreover, since pretty much everything related to black technology is wreathed in shadows, it's normal for the information not to arise, especially if it's of no consequence (and even more so if, according to the aforementioned pieces of information, all previous ARXes were quickly trashcanned).
yeah, who in their RIGHT mind would announce the existance of past failures?
i can understand why they'd be swept under the rug.
Old 2006-11-19, 09:55   Link #208
T.V.

Also, not all successive deployed machines have to have chronological numbering attached to them.
Intermittent projects which had be designated ARX-5 or something else, may never have progressed beyond the design phase and remained paper concepts, while the designs were being overtaken by newer concepts and configurations proceding under a different designation.

To my knowledge the X in ARX means experimental, with AR standing for Advanced/Armslave Research perhaps?

The ARX models that do not carry the standard M (Military) code that series produced armslaves have.
As such, they're much like the X-planes in the US military designation system.
Old 2006-11-19, 11:14   Link #209
Miles Teg

If I remember correctly the ARX-1 to 5 have never gone beyond the paper concept. The ARX-6 was the first ARX to have a prototype but has never been usable. The ARX-7 was the first ARX fully functional but without the help of Bunny Morauta it was very hard to test/use it.
Old 2006-11-23, 10:02   Link #210
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Question about Bunny:

IIRC, he died before the Arbalest's completion. How did he die?
Old 2006-11-23, 11:20   Link #211
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
Question about Bunny:

IIRC, he died before the Arbalest's completion. How did he die?
We don't know how he died, everybody think thats he killed himself but nothing is sure.

The Arbalest was probably ready to be tested, we know that the Arbalest was on the TDD-1 for sometime before Sousuke used it for the first time.
Old 2006-12-01, 03:35   Link #212
Kesshin-Hakari

with THIS in mind,

it makes me wonder what the Behemoth-I's capabilities are,

any pic references or color identification for this successor beast to the Behemoth?

(i bet the new Behemoths will be fleet footed and could run the worldwide marathon in under a day!)
Old 2006-12-06, 20:22   Link #213
Alakzar

Location: At the moment I live in Fredrikstad, which an peacefull city in Norway.
An interesting question about Kurz and Kaname.

Well, I assume that most of you have seen the first season of FMP. Now, in Episode 6, something happened that I could not quite see the answer too.

Chidori is left alone with Kurz when Sagara is on he's mission to find gasoline, and make an message. In that time period, Kurz loses he's mind, probably very tired and somewhat confused, and grabs for Chidori. Not that unormal for someone like Kurz.

The next thing we know, is that he is laying in a way that suggests that Chidori punched him. Hard. So I just though, "Ah well, one could not expect less."

Now the bothersome thing: when they are discovered, and waiting for the enemy, something comes up. Kurz says: "I remember that the pretty heroine (Chidori) was very nice too the flirt too, right?" Then she makes an happy face.

An normal Chidori reaction would be an outburst of anger, and Kurz's face would probably have hurt alot.

Did something more happen between them, or was this just an glip/mistake from the authors? Since I really found that to be way mysterious.
Old 2006-12-06, 21:27   Link #214
sx3
0 Gundam

i was always wondering about this, kinda annoyed me
Old 2006-12-06, 21:45   Link #215
Alakzar

Location: At the moment I live in Fredrikstad, which an peacefull city in Norway.
Yeah, same here. Was just looking through all the seasons again, and started to get more and more annoyed. I would really love to get the answer, even though I susupect no-one have
Old 2006-12-06, 22:08   Link #216
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

They were speaking about a movie they saw (Chidori and kurz saw the movie, i dont think sousuke did) anywho three people are running away (from some bad guys of some sort to s. america or something like thate), and in the final scene they rush out from behind a barricade they have been pinned behind to meet the overwhelming amount of bad guys head on (thats how it ends, no denouement or any telling of how they got out of it if they did). They were reminiscing on how this situation mirrors there own, and they decide to rush out and go out guns blazing. Anywho Kurz seems to remember how the Female character was civil and nice to the playboy character (another name for a playboy character is a flirt). So she was smiling because of the contrast between what she did and what her "character" did (she just punched him), not because they were flirting - neither in the anime nor in the old movie.

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Old 2006-12-06, 22:31   Link #217
Alakzar

But where did you get that information? I see nothing that makes that valid.

"So she was smiling because of the contrast between what she did and what her "character" did (she just punched him), not because they were flirting - neither in the anime nor in the old movie."

That, is one of the things I have thought of, but I have found absolutly no proof of this. How do you know that she smiled of the contrast?
Old 2006-12-07, 16:53   Link #218
masterwok

i got another question in that same scene. i was wandering what did sousuke write in the ground for their spy satellite to see?

Last edited by masterwok; 2006-12-07 at 17:06.
Old 2006-12-07, 17:19   Link #219
Ajeje_Brazolf

A 6 7
ALIVE

A stand for Angel

6&7 stand for uruz 6and uruz 7
Old 2006-12-07, 23:09   Link #220
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

Hmmm i guess there really is no proof, but somehow i rly remember thinking that. My point was that he wasnt saying anything offensive to her, like saying that she should be flirting with him, he was just pointing out how she was mean to him while in the movie the female was nice, maybe she found that humerous or was nervous cz they all thought at the time that they were about to die, or maybe she felt sorry for him a lil bit. It sure would help if there were some place we could read the first novel

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Closed Thread