AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-08-07, 15:02   Link #441
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

1. 22" LCD PC monitor.
2. 32" LCD TV streaming PC

The only problem with 2 is the switching of screens and amount of cables and inability to fast-forward... but so much more comfortable and less distracting.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 18:24   Link #442
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I prefer watching it on a 42 inch LED with surround sound, and when I'm oscar mike, the iPad works just fine
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 07:52   Link #443
Lenaisian
The Undead Summoner

I have watched anime on both a (totally old-model) laptop and DVD (here in the Philippines, there are an abundance of pirated anime DVDs... even though Ronnie-who-has-RICKET[T]S and Mon Tulfo raid the stores on a surprise inspection)... but I still prefer watching it on DVD. Just a few smokes, a chair, a table where I can rest my feet on, next to my feet on the table are anime magazines and DVD covers... and presto!

PS: I do not condemn or condone the use of tobacco products to all AS Forumers (especially kids and non-smokers).
Old 2012-09-13, 00:27   Link #444
cardcaptorkitty
Clow Card Master

I used to strictly buy my anime and ask for it as birthday and Christmas gifts, but over the past several years that hasn't been as feasible because I'm a poor college kid. Also, a lot of currently airing shows are either being simulcasted or quickly fansubbed, so my anime watching has switched from my TV to my computer.

So, yes, primarily I am sitting on my computer chair, in front of my laptop, using Media Player Classic. I occasionally multitask - like draw, fiddle with something on my desk (like with a pen or something), or eat/drink. I can get easily distracted, but that's either because I'm looking to be bothered and I'm not paying that much attention anyway (like I'm waiting for someone to message me on some IM client), or simply because I'm not in the mood. If I am actively watching, then it aggravates me when someone wants my attention, so I usually try to watch late at night when I know there's no distractions knocking at my door.

Occasionally I'll pause to look up something I'm thinking about - there's that easily distracted thing, but if I'm engaged in the anime I'm watching enough, I'll wait until I finish it. Sometimes I'll stray from it for several hours, but I try to only make it a few minutes. Either it's a word I want to google, or check my e-mail, or something small like that. For the most part, I'm glad I watch the majority of what I watch alone - I can't help but think some of my breaks and long pauses to do random things would drive my fellow viewer nuts!

I prefer watching on my TV, just because I like to lay back on my bed and have a remote on hand. Also, being a student, I'm on the computer for just about everything else I do, so it's nice to take a break and get away from it. I imagine I should just connect my computer to my TV, but <insert excuse here>.

However, by watching what I want online first, I'm making smarter purchases - much better for my budget and makes me a happier fan. The series I pick up are series I truly treasure, want to rewatch, and feel are worth the money - things I would definitely take the time and care to pack away in boxes if I wanted to move and wouldn't have to think about trying to give away or sell. So I feel satisfied, I save money, I still get to watch what I want and have a collection - it's a win-win situation and I am happy.
Old 2012-09-19, 02:42   Link #445
Cyrogen

My computer is in the room right next to the lounge, so there is a cable into the lounge to the TV, and a wireless keyboard & mouse on the couch, so whenever I watch something I switch to the lounge room.

http://wartdf.wordpress.com/
Cyrogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 08:48   Link #446
starlol

1440x900 desktop.
Old 2012-09-20, 10:32   Link #447
flamespeedy

i download, convert to ps3 format, transfer to USB stick, and watch anywhere i want on the ps3
flamespeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 10:57   Link #448
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamespeedy View Post
i download, convert to ps3 format, transfer to USB stick, and watch anywhere i want on the ps3
"anywhere I want"? Isn't your PS3 located in one room, or do you constantly move it around? Also, there are way easier ways to watch stuff on the PS3, did you try out the PS3Mediaserver for example? I used it a lot before I hooked up my laptop directly to my TV.

I'm living in a tiny one room apartment, because I'm a deadly-poor student. This isn't that bad for anime though, I have my 38" TV right in front of my couch/bed, this way I can lie around while doing things on my notebook and watching stuff. I don't think I could go back to watch anime on anything below a 38" anymore, hopefully I can even upgrade my TV in a few years again.
It's really comfortable as fuck, I lost track of how many times I fell asleep watching something with my headset on like that..

I'm really curious how high my electricity bill is going to turn out though, my TV is literally running 24/7, and so is one 2TB external HDD... I like to have some AKB concert already playing when I come home
Old 2012-09-23, 15:24   Link #449
Cream

15.6-Inch laptop full screen laid out on my bed.

living the life
Old 2012-09-23, 21:31   Link #450
sifuwarrior
享用中華一番

Full screen on my computer, wish i had a projector and a big empty wall in my room.. that would be awesome
Old 2012-12-12, 12:12   Link #451
mican

Location: Somewhere in a distant patch of green staring into the luminous starry sky.
I watch my anime at night in bed through my Galaxy note. I make sure that I experience anime as if it was the only thing in the world.Also being in bed gives you a nice relaxing feel throughout your body compared to sitting, unless your on a cushioned chair
mican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 14:39   Link #452
Nico87

DVD/BD on my PS3 or PC -> PS3 Media Server while I'm in my bed. Hate watching stuff on PC.
Nico87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 18:54   Link #453
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mican View Post
I make sure that I experience anime as if it was the only thing in the world
That's an important part of the experience for me as well. There's nothing worse than watching a show and constantly being distracted, whether they be actual interruptions or just your mind being tempted to quickly check something online in the middle of an episode.

My computer screen is my only way to watch anime, be they fansubs, dvds or blurays, so I typically sit far away from the screen when I'm watching anime. That's easier on the eyes, but also makes sure my sticky fingers are far away from the that distracting keyboard. It's essential to immerse yourself in the experience to get the most out of the show, I feel. Especially when you're dealing with a highly atmospheric show, and anime has a lot of those.
Old 2012-12-12, 19:49   Link #454
mican

Location: Somewhere in a distant patch of green staring into the luminous starry sky.
^agreed. It's as if you were whisked away into a different world. Or like putting on a virtual reality helmet ÷P
mican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 20:27   Link #455
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I'd watch most of my anime on my laptop through fan subs and if I really adore a show I'll get the UK release dvds and blu rays to watch via my PS3 on a 52 inch tv. I too tend to watch anime when ever I will be least distracted.
Old 2012-12-12, 20:51   Link #456
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

These days I prefer watching them on my tablet, cause it's really convenient. I can watch them on the bus, train, or under my blanket.....

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 22:09   Link #457
tag1981

I watch on my 17in laptops. Usually through Funimation, Crunchyroll, or from torrent downloads. And if I end up LOVING the anime I always buy the DVD series afterwards.
tag1981 is offline   Reply With Quote