AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-15, 12:14   Link #3281
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
No no, I'm not BITTER about having my emotions dragged out for MONTHS waiting, whatever gave you that idea?
Haha, well it's unfortunate that the mangaka deliberately didn't want to write MSN for people like you who want something else.

In any case, be glad that KA didn't do every single fight leading up to the final. Imagine if MSN was animated by the Naruto anime team lol.

Scanslation is out now it seems.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 14:39   Link #3282
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Haha, well it's unfortunate that the mangaka deliberately didn't want to write MSN for people like you who want something else.
I know, right? Why isn't he pandering properly to my expectations?!

Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 15:04   Link #3283
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Still this chapter had a clear spark of new friendship between Negi and Rakan I mean you could just see that they became not Master and disciple but friends.

But still this didint reach a conclusion on who won..... So I wonder did Negi win or did Rakan forfeit in the end.

Also is there a chapter next week?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 15:20   Link #3284
ZeroForever

i didn't see the usual research note that would indicate otherwise so i would assume so, as golden week doesn't start until the last week of april/1st week of may.

Rakan is truly in the GAR haxxor level, though given this fight negi is probably in that range also now.
Old 2009-04-15, 15:34   Link #3285
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
i didn't see the usual research note that would indicate otherwise so i would assume so, as golden week doesn't start until the last week of april/1st week of may.

Rakan is truly in the GAR haxxor level, though given this fight negi is probably in that range also now.
Well indeed Negi felt a bit ashamed the way he "defeated" Rakan through tricks and manipulation.
Old 2009-04-15, 15:43   Link #3286
Forever
Revealing the truth

Haha great end to the fight. I laughed like mad when chisame said Rakan's was so broken that it is not even funny!
Old 2009-04-15, 16:04   Link #3287
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Yes, there will likely be a chapter next week, but don't expect one in the two weeks following it due to Golden Week and Ken's usual break period.
Old 2009-04-15, 16:43   Link #3288
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Bah figures lol.
Old 2009-04-15, 16:46   Link #3289
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Huh. The translation shows that it isn't even clear if Rakan was counted out yet or not. Stupid Rakan, so broken it's not even funny.
Never-ending saaaaagaaaa~

la la la
la la la
la la la~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i
No side-note about him "gathering more materials", so I'm going out on a limb and saying yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer
No no, I'm not BITTER about having my emotions dragged out for MONTHS waiting, whatever gave you that idea?
This is what happens when you have a billion different stories taking place even a billion different places at once. I'm not going to count them all, but if I recall there were at least three different stories between the cast after the separation that got a decent amount of exposure throughout the past 50+ chapters. Because of this, I stopped reading for a year and a half and went through an unholy super marathon of catching up, and some of the stuff I expected to be done and over with is still going on (ie. the tournament).

I am sort of glad I didn't wait eagerly week by week, or I might have gone insane and have to be dragged away from the computer while shouting "CONTINUE THE STORY DAMMIT" at 7 in the morning. Stories don't feel so long if you aren't waiting one or two weeks for eighteen pages that take 8 minutes to read on average.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 18:26   Link #3290
BerryDoyle

I wish I could be able to go, "Okay, taking the next few months off so that I can marathon through it later" but I really, really need my Negima fix.

I was glad that we got to see Negi get into a straight up fist fight, since it was goofier fighting than all of the super-strategy we've been getting these past few chapters. The barrier breaking was completely expected, but nice because it meant that Yue hadn't totally been forgotten.

Rakan spurting blood and seeming not to notice much was hilarious He totally applies to the rule that "all manga characters have 10 gallons of blood at extremely high pressure."
BerryDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 20:26   Link #3291
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryDoyle View Post
I wish I could be able to go, "Okay, taking the next few months off so that I can marathon through it later" but I really, really need my Negima fix.
Well, I have an advantage right now in that it sounds like all the chapters since I stopped reading have been about things I really don't care about. If a chapter isn't going to address any of the things I'm anxiously waiting to see, I'm really not going to feel much of a pull to read it. I mean, I don't care about Rakan and Negi having a match, and it sounds like the thing with Ako and Negi and rooster-boy had some imperfect resolution that I also don't really want to see, and... well... that sounds like that's all that's happened since the bath scene. Oh, and I heard Negi kissed a princess or something, but whatever.

Nothing that interests me has happened. For that matter, I'm afraid our author is going to skip entirely over Asuna's forced flashback, given how much time has passed, and that's one of the things I most wanted to see.
Old 2009-04-15, 23:30   Link #3292
Julao

do you think fate's spy (the fake asuna) will fall in one with negi after witnessing his battle??
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 00:02   Link #3293
kittybear

Damn Rankan Pierced the barrier, while negi technique shattered it and he still standing!?!?!. Just how much fire power would it take to kill rankan
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 00:18   Link #3294
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybear View Post
Damn Rankan Pierced the barrier, while negi technique shattered it and he still standing!?!?!. Just how much fire power would it take to kill rankan
Honestly, I don't think it's about firepower at all. I think it's about making him believe he can lose. I think that is why Rakan and Nagi were both so powerful: neither one of them believed they could be defeated. That would be why Nagi could defeat that final boss thing back in the war: he believed that he could.

I think their power is dependent upon their belief in it, and that is why people repeatedly told Negi that he worried too much, that he needed to be more of an idiot, more spontaneous. Sure, there may be varying levels of potential, but I think that a relatively weak mage who BELIEVES he is strong enough to do what needs to be done, can be more effective than a relatively strong mage who does NOT believe.

Last edited by Random Wanderer; 2009-05-29 at 17:18.
Old 2009-04-16, 05:42   Link #3295
Fandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
That reminds me, Yue was on the bounty list too.

How come the Valkyrie squad recognized Negi but not Yue? It's not like Yue had any form of disguise.
The Negi wanted sign came from Emily's lance. My guess is since Negi was an unknown entity, she pointed her lance at Negi and pushed the "Id this Person" which probably links to magic world wanted system. Since Emily had no reason to suspect Yue, she never pointed her "Id" spell/lance at Yue to Id her.

As for their time in the academy, who knows. Maybe at the beginning, no one thought to check. Well, probably until the Headmistress notices Yue.......

Just Speculating
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 14:18   Link #3296
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I dont think she knew who Yue is, because the headmistress didint know who Negi was until Rakan pointed it out.
Old 2009-04-16, 16:01   Link #3297
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryDoyle View Post
Although it was completely unintentional at the time, I'm glad I did.

However, now I have to wait, and waiting still sucks just as much as I remember it being, even though a new chapter comes out every one to two weeks, which is still much faster than Sgt. Frog.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 06:15   Link #3298
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutPhase View Post
Although it was completely unintentional at the time, I'm glad I did.

However, now I have to wait, and waiting still sucks just as much as I remember it being, even though a new chapter comes out every one to two weeks, which is still much faster than Sgt. Frog.
That's a monthly manga, which is why it comes out so slowly.

This week's spoilers (and yep, there's a break after this).

http://astronerdboy.blogspot.com/200...er-images.html

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 07:28   Link #3299
typhonsentra

A little low key but I guess it's fine since such a major fight just ended. It's just that there's still so much to finish up and still...
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 08:02   Link #3300
Wargumm1i
Hentai

So is it two weeks break or one week?

Tags
action, fantasy