AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-08, 03:03   Link #161
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Angst would be nice, but somehow I can't imagine either of the girls being able of such a pehnomenom...
yeah i agree with you there, they just seem to get along so well, I hope maybe a dramatic ending would be that all the girls fall in love with the guy and break up the Lovely Idol group because of the conflict they have, that would be awsome, but like you said unlikely to happen...
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 01:44   Link #162
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

With what we hear in the preview for episode 12 I demand some magical girl Ruri next week. Nice episode and I'm very happy with it. Sad that next week may be the last we see if what people are thinking about a DVD released episode 13 being a possibility. Well, we'll see. Since they finally show up in uniform for the preview I dunno whether the debut Live will be next week or not.

Spoiler:
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 00:28   Link #163
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 01:39   Link #164
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Well, 2 more episodes....or 3 if you're including the DVD only episode
Actually, just the one left in the TV run. Next week's episode is the last 'till late-March. As for episode 11, it's wrapping things up very nicely.

Spoiler for Episode 11:
I have to admit that my impressions of this show have totally gone all over the place over the course of its airing. As I commented before, I really didn't "get it" at first. But now, as we near the end, I find myself liking it more and more. As KenOhki'sRage said, this show really is all about moe~ in the truer/original sense, and because of that I think it'll be forever doomed to be dismissed by the English fan community at large (whose interests in anime, through no fault of their own, generally lie elsewhere).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 00:31   Link #165
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Episode 5 by WinD is out...
And wheeeeerreeee iiiiissss the actiooooonnn?????? Do something tomohiro PLEASE.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 03:36   Link #166
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade View Post
And wheeeeerreeee iiiiissss the actiooooonnn?????? Do something tomohiro PLEASE.
Unfortunately for you, this really isn't an "action" show. It has a bit of tension, but that's about it. It's about a group of girls who want to be idols with a little help from their nice-guy manager. As I said earlier, I don't think it's a bad show at all - but "action" isn't one of the words I'd use to describe it.
Old 2006-12-15, 10:49   Link #167
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-12-15, 12:05   Link #168
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Wow, I didn't realize how old these girls are. I'd assumed they were all in their late teens/early 20s.

http://www.project-navel.com/navel/l...character.html

I'm especially suprised that Mai is only 12.
Old 2006-12-15, 12:10   Link #169
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Don't they have school life? I mean I don't see them going to school or something. Maybe they're in vacation?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-12-15, 12:29   Link #170
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Don't they have school life? I mean I don't see them going to school or something. Maybe they're in vacation?
Well, except for Mai, the other girls would be in High School, which isn't obligatory in Japan (unless you're planning to go on to University, of course). It's possible that they're getting tutored too, but just don't show it in the series. That being said, I think we're still supposed to suspend our disbelief a bit to accept the premise of the show.
Old 2006-12-15, 13:58   Link #171
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, the two lady models (Sayuki and the other one) have careers and they appear to be in their early 20s so that's okay. But for the others...I guess they're attending school...although maybe it was a home school or private school....or maybe not at all like you said.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-12-15, 15:12   Link #172
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

What music cds would you all suggest for Christmas this year? I'd really like their debut single from what I've heard from it. Looking on and Amazon.jp I can't really tell what's got what. Also Love Love Love のせいなのよ is a must but I don't know who's version is better. This'll be my music request from my parents this year (as all my Christmas presents are, last year I got the Lucia single from MMPPP )
Old 2006-12-15, 15:45   Link #173
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
What music cds would you all suggest for Christmas this year? I'd really like their debut single from what I've heard from it. Looking on and Amazon.jp I can't really tell what's got what. Also Love Love Love のせいなのよ is a must but I don't know who's version is better.
Well, yeah, the main OP/ED Single CD has the version that all the girls sing together. In terms of the Character Singles, Mizuki's Character Single features that guitar-accompanied song she sang in the early episodes (though this version has band accompaniment). Kotoha and Mai's CDs aren't really my favourite styles, but aren't bad tracks - I do like Mai's track of the ED though. I just got Miu and Hina's CDs the other day, so haven't had a chance to listen to them yet. There's also the soundtrack coming, and, of course, the CDs that'll be coming with each of the LE DVDs. I just noticed, though, that there's apparently a "Song Best" CD coming in February... I wonder what they'll put on that one? So yeah, with all the merchandising, it's a bit hard to know what to get (of course they're hoping you'll get it all, but... )

Edit: Oh yeah, you can hear a 30-second preview of the songs on the single CDs on the product page.
Old 2006-12-15, 16:33   Link #174
martino
makes no files now

Episode 5 was quite unispiring, again.

At least there is some sign of romance, though I'm feel quite dissapointed with this series...so far.
Old 2006-12-15, 20:28   Link #175
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

indeed the romance development is way too slow, and with so many girls that like him, 12 ep just doesn't seem long enough to get to a good conclusion.. so here's hoping for a sequel.

By the way they are quite young and it just shows how perverted japanese men are to be drooling over girls who aren't even out of school yet lol!
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 20:32   Link #176
belpegor
Banned

By watching anime you learn lots about the japanese culture

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
indeed the romance development is way too slow, and with so many girls that like him, 12 ep just doesn't seem long enough to get to a good conclusion.. so here's hoping for a sequel.

By the way they are quite young and it just shows how perverted japanese men are to be drooling over girls who aren't even out of school yet lol!
belpegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 22:09   Link #177
relentlessflame

*Administrator

If you really want to know, see the spoilers I posted earlier. You'll probably have a better chance of understanding and appreciating the show if you realize that this isn't in fact a romantic anime. It's more about friendship/family love than it is about romance, and the story is about how the girls work together to make it to the main stage. With that in mind, you might either decide that the show isn't for you, or keep watching anyway. But if you're watching it for romance, that's not one of the main themes.
Old 2006-12-16, 16:31   Link #178
Apostle_Kyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I don't think that there's anything bad with that. I've seen a bigger age difference(in real life). Wait...how old are the girls in the 3rd batch???

Anyway...he's got quite many girls to choose from
(I wish I was that lucky)
The girls in the 3rd batch look quite young.. maybe barely in high school. The only ones who are probably over 18 are Sayuki and the Chocolat sisters..
Apostle_Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-16, 21:34   Link #179
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

So Happy Clover is the name of their debut song. I'm listening to those 30 second previews thank you very very much relentlessflame. You are the bestest. Looks like I'll need to wait awhile before Happy Clover gets a proper release, maybe it'll be featured on Best Song album you mentioned . . .

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCA-26013
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCA-26014

daggonit, I'm having one of those days. They only came out 2 weeks ago! Of all the extra songs on the Character Singles I think I liked Wish Star better. Koi Hajime Mashita I kinda . . . stole from online and it doesn't impress me as much as I'd hoped. Just not as much, I guess I'd call it pep as I was hoping for, the anime version seems cuter, maybe I'll get it if I can't find Mai's or Katoha's. Guess this shows how quickly you need to jump on things like this.

Last edited by KenOhki'sRage; 2006-12-16 at 21:49.
Old 2006-12-18, 15:56   Link #180
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
They only came out 2 weeks ago! [...] Guess this shows how quickly you need to jump on things like this.
That's crazy! I guess when they said "limited edition", they weren't kidding. Amazon does seem to have Kotoha's CD still available, but I guess it's going fast. In terms of Happy Clover, it seems the Live and TV Size versions will be included with the Limited Edition of DVD 4, but I'm guessing the full-length will probably be on that "Best of" album.

Anyway, it's over! Or, has it just begun...
Spoiler for Episode 12:

Tags
aic, comedy, drama, enterbrain, idol, princess soft, romance, slice of life, tnk