Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-24, 05:26   Link #5621
yvj
U Mad?

So Kallen is background noise again?

Oh this show is so cruel.

Just when you think you're getting somewhere they pull the rug from right under you. XD
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:27   Link #5622
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
I think episode 20 was a bad episode for Kallen. She really seems to have been removed from the picture again.
Spoiler:
Only because the episode is so stuffed she can't do a damn thing. They've already shown her discontent. It'll evolve from there.
Old 2008-08-24, 05:30   Link #5623
Stretch5920

Quote:
I think episode 20 was a bad episode for Kallen. She really seems to have been removed from the picture again.
Spoiler:
If all that Kallen looking for the true Lelouch and being with Nunnally ends up being pointless. Well that's just stupid. They spent a lot of screen time on this little subplot, so there needs to be some sort of resolution to it.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:36   Link #5624
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
If all that Kallen looking for the true Lelouch and being with Nunnally ends up being pointless. Well that's just stupid. They spent a lot of screen time on this little subplot, so there needs to be some sort of resolution to it.
Agreed. They spend the whole season making her character development focus on finding out the true Lelouch and have her captured for 1/3 of the season - and for what (assuming that this subplot of theirs gets no resolution)?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:39   Link #5625
TheDisruptiveOne

Maybe she will just be his voice in the black knights?
Spoiler for Episode 22:
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:39   Link #5626
bran
h e a d s h o t

i don't see her reapearing earlier than ep.23

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:39   Link #5627
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Agreed. They spend the whole season making her character development focus on finding out the true Lelouch and have her captured for 1/3 of the season - and for what (assuming that this subplot of theirs gets no resolution)?
From the summaries, things should slow slightly in 22 or 23. They'll probably tie it up then. I wanted it earlier, damnit, but I can accept it in light of the ridiculous series of revelations they've done this time around.
Old 2008-08-24, 05:40   Link #5628
Stretch5920

Quote:
Maybe she will just be his voice in the black knights?
Spoiler for Episode 22:
I dunno. They don't seem to give a crap what Kallen thinks. At the end of the day, she's still just a pilot.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:42   Link #5629
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
It's a little early to be thinking there will be no resolution. It is a bit confusing though. Why spend this entire season having her learn more about Lelouch if they don't do something with it. It's early yet though. I think you could count the scenes this season where Kallen wasn't with, talking or thinking about Lelouch this season on one hand.
Guess we will just have to be patient and see where it goes if anywhere.

I did say that the odds of Kallen going after him were slim.
My biggest disappointment was so little Kallen in the episode and no scene with C.C. That could of been funny.
Old 2008-08-24, 05:45   Link #5630
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
It's a little early to be thinking there will be no resolution. It is a bit confusing though. Why spend this entire season having her learn more about Lelouch if they don't do something with it. It's early yet though. I think you could count the scenes this season where Kallen wasn't with, talking or thinking about Lelouch this season on one hand.

I did say that the odds of Kallen going after him were slim.
My biggest disappointment was so little Kallen in the episode and no scene with C.C. That could of been funny.
Slim in this episode, but they shot up with her dissension and Ohgi's lies. They're probably just going to do little moments to lead up to it when this crap calms down and she gets some decent screentime.
Old 2008-08-24, 05:46   Link #5631
yvj
U Mad?

How were Kallen interactions with the Black Knights. I mean they had to have noticed her screaming "wait"

Do they just assume she is gaessed?
yvj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:47   Link #5632
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
How were Kallen interactions with the Black Knights. I mean they had to have noticed her screaming "wait"

Do they just assume she is gaessed?
She was trying to reason with them, but they're not buying it. Don't think it's a matter of Geass-suspicion, they're just not in a mood to listen.
Old 2008-08-24, 05:50   Link #5633
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Well, I did say "assuming that this subplot of theirs gets no resolution" . They stillh ave tiem to tipe that up . and IMHO they have to do it, either way. Still 6 episodes left to go, so they should have time for this at least.
Old 2008-08-24, 05:53   Link #5634
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Well, I did say "assuming that this subplot of theirs gets no resolution" . They stillh ave tiem to tipe that up . and IMHO they have to do it, either way. Still 6 episodes left to go, so they should have time for this at least.
5 episodes you mean, right?
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:55   Link #5635
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
5 episodes you mean, right?
Oh, right
Old 2008-08-24, 06:03   Link #5636
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Hell, in the magazine rankings Kallen is number two, just under C.C. She deserves more air time.
I would suspect that they would dismiss anything Kallen had to say would be due to the Geass.

I at least expected someone to talk about the drama that happened last week. This episode fell kind of flat on all counts. Seem more like a build up then actually events. Very little actually happened.
Old 2008-08-24, 06:09   Link #5637
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Hell, in the magazine rankings Kallen is number two, just under C.C. She deserves more air time.
I would suspect that they would dismiss anything Kallen had to say would be due to the Geass.

I at least expected someone to talk about the drama that happened last week. This episode fell kind of flat on all counts. Seem more like a build up then actually events. Very little actually happened.
Well character ranks mean nothing to the production staff as a whole since they pretty much need to wrap up the main story before anything else, but with the Guren Ganesha on her hands she won't be sitting back anytime soon.

Edit: Amazing how you guys can have a Kallen Discussion considering she there for 5 seconds
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 06:16   Link #5638
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
does she actually do anything this ep
Old 2008-08-24, 06:17   Link #5639
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post
Edit: Amazing how you guys can have a Kallen Discussion considering she there for 5 seconds
Well, in a sense it's because she got only like that much time that we're having a discussion here
Old 2008-08-24, 06:20   Link #5640
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
does she actually do anything this ep
Just tries to explain Zero's reasons for his doings so that they could get this far in the rebellion but everyone just ignored her but I fail to see how can she explain about Zero lying to them and concealing his plans and identity.
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote