AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-12, 15:55   Link #81
Enigami

I havent tried it yet, but if the above text hooker works I will be very greatful. Thanks for the info!
Enigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 02:20   Link #82
Enigami

ok, i have tried the above shortcut mentioned, and it tells me that it cant open splash.bmp in an error box, and when i click ok it exits. however, the game will open normally under applocal. any suggestions?
Enigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-13, 05:09   Link #83
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigami
ok, i have tried the above shortcut mentioned, and it tells me that it cant open splash.bmp in an error box, and when i click ok it exits. however, the game will open normally under applocal. any suggestions?
Yes - open the game using AppLocale, then attach AGTH to it using the /P option. What you have to do is once you load the game, load Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-DELETE if you're on Windows XP) and get the Process ID (PID) of fate.exe. Then use this command:

Code:
agth.exe /C /M /V /HWB8:4#1 /P12345
where you'd replace 12345 with whatever the PID actually is.

EDIT: Apparently you can also try using the /NC switch instead:

Code:
agth.exe /C /L /M /V /NC /HWB8:4#1 "C:\Games\Fate\Fate.exe"
Danj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 12:16   Link #84
zeraya

Send a message via MSN to zeraya Send a message via Yahoo to zeraya
Question

i want to know something about fate/stay night gane is it hentai or not ?? because i found the download link there was words say its hentai it only for 18
zeraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 12:36   Link #85
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeraya
i want to know something about fate/stay night gane is it hentai or not ?? because i found the download link there was words say its hentai it only for 18
Yes the game does contain hentai scenes, however a non-H version is scheduled to come out for the PlayStation2 this year.
Old 2006-03-14, 14:28   Link #86
zeraya

Send a message via MSN to zeraya Send a message via Yahoo to zeraya
thank for the info
zeraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 14:58   Link #87
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

it's just a freaking sex scene...why do people have to call them "hentai" scenes?
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 15:01   Link #88
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
it's just a freaking sex scene...why do people have to call them "hentai" scenes?
I know what you mean, they probably believe it sounds right just because its from a game.. sex is sex.
Old 2006-03-14, 15:41   Link #89
Danj
Tech Bloke

Quote:
Because it is? The participants are depicted in the anime style, and the term for sexually oriented anime content is "hentai" so therefore I don't see what's wrong with calling it a hentai scene? In any case, if you don't like it, you can either watch the anime or get the upcoming PS2 version of the game, since I don't imagine either of those will contain any sex of any sort.
Old 2006-03-14, 15:59   Link #90
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj
Because it is? The participants are depicted in the anime style, and the term for sexually oriented anime content is "hentai" so therefore I don't see what's wrong with calling it a hentai scene? In any case, if you don't like it, you can either watch the anime or get the upcoming PS2 version of the game, since I don't imagine either of those will contain any sex of any sort.
I'm beginning to cry in despair at how the usage of the word "hentai" is being used amongst foreign anime fans in that context in which NO ONE here in Japan ever uses. Well at least I'm starting to see more people using the term "ero" instead of "hentai," so at least my effort has not been in vain. But it does get tiring...

Yes the upcoming PS2 will be released as a consumer format with voices and all. As with other ero-to-consumer ports, they'll most likely edit out the ero-scenes and add new ones instead.

Now if they would only add an Iriya-tan scenario, I would buy the consumer port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Another FHA question, what is story regarding about the Gorgon sisters? Anyone willing to summarize it for me?
Although someone else had answered this, I'll answer the more comedic and descriptions of how Stheno and Euryale are portrayed in FHA.

Stheno and Euryale are twins that dresses in ama-loli style (tera-moesu~!). They frequently pick on Medusa due to her height. They make Medusa do their cleaning and frequently sucks her blood; basically a form of cute ijime.

When Medusa becomes uncontrollable, Stheno and Euryale gives up their lives to save their sister. Itshows that Stheno and Euryale really cares for her.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-03-14 at 16:15.
Old 2006-03-14, 17:29   Link #91
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I'm beginning to cry in despair at how the usage of the word "hentai" is being used amongst foreign anime fans in that context in which NO ONE here in Japan ever uses. Well at least I'm starting to see more people using the term "ero" instead of "hentai," so at least my effort has not been in vain. But it does get tiring...
Just give up, it's like preaching to the choir. Whenever I see someone use the word "hentai" to refer to the sexual contents in eroges now, my mind just selectively kicks the word out.

Quote:
Stheno and Euryale are twins that dresses in ama-loli style (tera-moesu~!). They frequently pick on Medusa due to her height. They make Medusa do their cleaning and frequently sucks her blood; basically a form of cute ijime.
Some of their comments were really mean. ^^;
(About Medusa's height) "It's pointless even if you cry, the man you're with will just think the roof's leaking"
(About using Pegasus) "You want to head out of the island? Then you can go by swimming, you float well with that fatty body of yours anyway"
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 17:48   Link #92
Danj
Tech Bloke

Quote:
Perhaps you would care to instruct the rest of us, who don't live in Japan, on the correct usage of the word "hentai" and/or what terminology we should be using instead, then?

Quote:
Yes the upcoming PS2 will be released as a consumer format with voices and all. As with other ero-to-consumer ports, they'll most likely edit out the ero-scenes and add new ones instead.
Is it likely that they would backport the voices to the PC version and do a "special edition" rerelease? Alternatively, is it likely that there will be a fanmade "voice patch" for the PC game as happened with AIR?
Old 2006-03-14, 18:05   Link #93
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danj
Perhaps you would care to instruct the rest of us, who don't live in Japan, on the correct usage of the word "hentai" and/or what terminology we should be using instead, then?
The search function in this board is very helpful. I've wrote many articles about this so searching for the keyword "hentai" with my username "kj1980" brings about several pages of me explaining hentai vs ero ever since my beginnings in 2003. Actually, typing a certain item like "moe~" or "tsundere" with my username brings lots of info.

This article that I wrote back in Jan. of 2004 seems to be the most popular one:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=350

Also, the English wikipedia sites http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eroge and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hentai do a good job as well.

Interestingly, someone managed to abridge my lengthy history of eroge on the wikipedia explaining Eroge.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-03-14 at 18:18.
Old 2006-04-02, 06:28   Link #94
Danj
Tech Bloke

Type-Moon appear to have made available an official no-CD patch for the CD-ROM version of Fate/Stay Night. You can find it on their downloads page.

Also it seems that there is a group doing a fantranslation of the game after all, so for those of you who don't know Japanese and don't want to mess around trying to get text hooking and translation programs working, you still might get a chance to play it.
Old 2006-04-07, 16:56   Link #95
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Any game players disappointed by how weak Archer is in the anime ?

If Shiro can defeat Gil with his UBW, I don't see how Archer cannot do it with his version when Gil is clearly stronger than Berserker.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 17:10   Link #96
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

The reason why Shirou was able to defeat Gil was because UBW is the direct counter to the Gate of Bablyon.

Gil's weakness is that he is not skilled with any of the Noble Phantasms that he possesses, so although Shirou/Archer's UBW replicates objects that is weaker than the original, it also Traces the memories of the people that once welded them, automatically making him a master of anything he uses.

Gate of Bablyon's other weakness, is that once all of its contents are released, it's effectively useless, while UBW can keep on replicating more and more copies of the same Noble Phantasms as long as Shirou/Archer can keep UBW up.
Old 2006-04-07, 17:17   Link #97
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Recall that Gil killed Berseker without so much a scratch in UBW mainly using Gate Of Babylon (With Chains Of Heaven as a finisher.)

No reason why Archer using the same tactics and, as you put it, a move that's better than Gate Of Babylon should be landed dead.

I guess Archer's death is needed for the plot to move on. But I'll say that there is glaring plot hole here for game veterans....
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 17:24   Link #98
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Gil was targeting Ilya, forcing Berserker to defend her and preventing him from going on the offensive.

The Noble Phantasms in Gate of Bablyon are also stronger than the ones Traced in UBW.
Old 2006-04-07, 23:06   Link #99
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudou-san
The reason Gil lost is because he underestimated Shirou. He is skilled with his own Noble Phantasms (Air, chain of heaven), but he didn't want to use Air against anyone but Saber (only worthy opponents). If he had used it before he got in trouble it would have been instant Game over for Shirou (Shirou can't trace it and even if he could he would lose since Gil is Air's original owner).
*ding ding ding*

That's right, the only reason why Gil-sama lost to anyone is because of his EX rank in Overconfidence.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 07:03   Link #100
Dark-Mage

Send a message via MSN to Dark-Mage
can someone tell me how to play the game ?

it gives me that blue error, and I've already send the ID but they only give me a tm.exe that keeps telling me the word "generic" but I still can't play the game

*sorry about the bad english
Dark-Mage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel