AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 32 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 10.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-07, 13:00   Link #141
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Ami FAILS! =X

Spoiler for size:
This part made me burst out laughing and made my liking for Minori skyrocket, all at once.

Poor Taiga. She acts so tough but she's so naive, believing what that lousy girl told her right off the bat. I'm personally glad that Ami's stupid attitude isn't going to be tolerated by the rest of the main cast. I wonder how she'll develop.

This episode was really funny, and a lot of fun for me.
Old 2008-11-12, 12:53   Link #142
destiny4everlove

All I’m going to say for episode 5 is “Minori ftw!!!” I love her!! She is so cute and funny!!!
It’s so easy to understand why Ryuuji likes her so much.

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!

Last edited by destiny4everlove; 2008-11-12 at 22:11.
Old 2008-11-25, 15:22   Link #143
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Up until this point it seems like the show has been relying on the strength of Rie Kugimiya's (aka the noise maker for her constant ad-libbing, heavy breathing, general cutesy noises) voice acting, but now with the addition of a rival who is just as much of a social invalid as Taiga things are starting to get a little more interesting.

I also liked the bizarre reference to Ami Mizuno from Sailor Moon, another famous closet psycho with blue hair and major social issues that comes across as a snob to those who don't know her. Again I have to wonder just how many of Taiga's lines are ad-libbed by Kugimiya or are actually in the script.
Old 2008-11-25, 19:10   Link #144
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I also liked the bizarre reference to Ami Mizuno from Sailor Moon, another famous closet psycho with blue hair and major social issues that comes across as a snob to those who don't know her.
Although she is a bit shy, esp. to begin with, I would say Ami-chan is the least psychotic of the sailor senshi. Ami Kawashima is pretty much the antithesis of her I think, sharing only beauty, blue hair, and the name.

Mind you there was that episode where Ami threatened to steal Mamoru off Usagi, so if we cast Taiga as Usagi and Ryuuji as Mamoru then maybe there is some correspondence. I'm not sure which of the senshi Minori would be though. Rei maybe? Actually Taiga is more like Chibiusa than Usagi, and her relationship with Mamoru is not unlike how Taiga is with Ryuuji, basically more parent/child than lover.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2009-02-13, 01:24   Link #145
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Ami kinda reminded me of a number of girls throughout my secondary and high school days. Unfortunately there isn't a cute tsunloli to stand up to them.
While Ami is a common archetype that frequently appears in drama programmes, live-action or otherwise, I never expected that I would meet such a person in real life. But, amazingly enough, I did. And she's not even a school girl — she's a full-grown adult.

I had the extreme misfortune to work with such a woman for the past nine months or so, a bitch of a pampered princess who honestly believes she can get away with anything by putting on a pretty face (she is good looking and has no qualms boasting about it; she likes dropping names of important people, too, just to show off how "well-connected" she is), especially when dealing with older, male colleagues (who tend to be somewhat lecherous...an occupational hazard in our line of work. ).

She claims to be very good at her work (copyediting), but after supervising her for about a week (I was the acting deputy for my boss), I realised that she's nowhere near as good as she thinks she is.

Thank goodness, she's just been transferred to another department. She failed to pass her one-year probation and has now been fobbed to other people for a second chance (I hope she fails). Heh, there is justice in the world after all. Morale in the office has improved perceptibly since she's been gone.

It's her own stupidity for trying to backstab my boss by reporting him to our editor-in-chief over false allegations of "harsh treatment" — without proof, mind you; she thought that her word would be accepted as "truth" because her uncle is a "big shot" in the company. By doing so, she pretty much poisoned the working atmosphere in the newsroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Kitamura Eri has played Ami exactly how she has been described, with both her cute klutzy side, and her obnoxious side well played out. She's supposed to be Taiga's "enemy", yet for some reason, I don't dislike her at all. Must be because she's the element that gets the gears moving. It's a joy to see her switch from her cute side to her evil side, I tell you.
For your sake, I hope you never have to deal such a person in real life. There is nothing to "like" about such people at all.

/off-rant

Back to topic: So, as you can see, I've come around to clearing some series in my backlog. Seeing as I've come as far as Ep5, it probably means I'll be sticking with Toradora! for the long haul.
Old 2009-02-13, 02:11   Link #146
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

wow... sounds like you got a full dose of "first stage Ami" .... we'll hope for her sake she runs into a Ryuuji that tunes her up a few stages :P

yes, the series is definitely worth the ride (and then buy the books for even more fun).
Old 2010-07-29, 19:39   Link #147
OkamiNoKaze

Not much liking Ami at this point, though she is an interesting character. I laughed at Minorin answering the question like that in class, that was quite funny.
Old 2010-07-29, 22:43   Link #148
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Not much liking Ami at this point, though she is an interesting character. I laughed at Minorin answering the question like that in class, that was quite funny.
Well I'd say Ami starts off a bit that way[hard to like], and becomes a better character as the series goes on, that's how I felt anyways when I watched the series.
MAL
Old 2010-07-30, 16:01   Link #149
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

^Agreed, I think Ami is a awesome character, much more personality and depth than I thought at first, just thought she would be some minor girl to make Taiga jealous.
P.S. Good to see people are still watching this series, Just last week I watched the whole series again, love it.
Old 2010-07-30, 22:12   Link #150
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That's one of my favorite aspects about this series.... *all* of the characters are much more complicated than their superficial stereotypes lead one to expect. Ami, Minorin, Taiga, Sumire, Kitamura.... they're all "not the usual generic type".