AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-26, 01:10   Link #121
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
By the way, when I was reading the manga, I always wonder why do they keep putting the tile horizontally on top of other tiles?
That is to show the tile they just drawn, which helps a lot unless the creator wants readers to spend a lot of time comparing previous panels to see what tile the player has drawn
Old 2009-03-27, 01:52   Link #122
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
That volume 2 cover for the manga is (*´Д`)ハァハァ

Lolis and Mahjong......I see. Well I'm definitely sold now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 03:37   Link #123
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Lolis and Mahjong......I see. Well I'm definitely sold now.
And Kugimiya Rie for that Tacos girl .
Well, I'm not surprised to see you here for the first reason, but Mahjong, really?
Old 2009-03-27, 03:53   Link #124
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
And Kugimiya Rie for that Tacos girl .
Well, I'm not surprised to see you here for the first reason, but Mahjong, really?
I'm a pretty experienced Mahjong player....well when it comes to video Mahjong that is. Spent a lot of time playing video Mahjong on M.A.M.E against girls just like that (I think?). I know all the rules from your reaches to your Tsumo's too your seat winds to your prevailing winds too....well, I'd rather not say.

Anywhere we're long overdue for an anime about Mahjong....just hope they keep to it as much as they keep to the grrls.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 10:01   Link #125
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You may want to check the manga to know where you should place your expectation . Saki requires a lot of Mahjong knowledge first hand to be able to follow the manga (sometimes I have to read a sentence 3 or 4 times to understand what are they talking about), and large amount of suspended belief to enjoy it because, well, Saki's devil luck (although she has skill, and quite good, but how did she come to her winning hand is hard to believe).

But what can I say? Over the top action and reaction from various kind of cute girls and lolis are enough to make me enjoyed it.
There is one thing I like about the manga is how they handle the "overwhelming" battle, or you can say, "grunt owning" battle. The manga doesn't waste time for such battles, instead they are used as stage for showing briefly how each member plays their games (like, some match only last 3 pages XD). To me, the main show begins when they reach the final (vol.2 onward).
Old 2009-03-27, 12:11   Link #126
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Anywhere we're long overdue for an anime about Mahjong....just hope they keep to it as much as they keep to the grrls.
Haven't you seen Akagi? o_o It's pretty much the staple series (more like the only one before this) when it comes to Mahjong.

Quote:
You may want to check the manga to know where you should place your expectation . Saki requires a lot of Mahjong knowledge first hand to be able to follow the manga (sometimes I have to read a sentence 3 or 4 times to understand what are they talking about), and large amount of suspended belief to enjoy it because, well, Saki's devil luck (although she has skill, and quite good, but how did she come to her winning hand is hard to believe).
BTW, I know pretty much to nothing when it comes from Mahjong besides what I actually picked up from the aforementioned Akagi, however Akagi did a pretty good job in explaining its terminology and the game basics, so even for a complete novice like me i've been able to follow the Saki manga with relative ease.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 12:49   Link #127
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Haven't you seen Akagi? o_o It's pretty much the staple series (more like the only one before this) when it comes to Mahjong.
There are a bunch of mahjong animes prior to this. It's just Akagi is the only one that everyone knows these days. There is Legendary Gambler Tetsuya and there were a few others in the 80s/90s.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 14:44   Link #128
Avisch
Reality Blender

Caught up with scanlations. I'm interested in who they will get to voice Koromo (girl with usagi-ribbon) with a cute aristocratic attitude like that .

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 14:55   Link #129
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
There are a bunch of mahjong animes prior to this. It's just Akagi is the only one that everyone knows these days. There is Legendary Gambler Tetsuya and there were a few others in the 80s/90s.
I stand corrected. Then again I felt I would be, given that I haven't thoughtfully researched the genre (in that case I shouldn't be spreading such absolutes... aw well.)
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 16:12   Link #130
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
I'm interested in who they will get to voice Koromo
Spoiler for voice actors of the rival teams:

Last edited by M.Marangio; 2009-03-28 at 16:26.
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 18:07   Link #131
Avisch
Reality Blender

Thanks!

Looking at the designs again. Anyone else love the colors of this? The quality looks amazing.

Pretty cool that all teams have atleast one recognizable veteran seiyu.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 21:43   Link #132
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Make sense, because almost all the girls are lovable XD.

And lolz at Momoko. I actually wanted to see how will they show Momoko, and this is what I get . Kinda spoiler, though.
Old 2009-03-29, 19:15   Link #133
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Guys, apart from the loli, no-pan, GONZO, etc. have you noticed that this has the same director as Dragonaut and character designs are from the same dude that did the Erotic Torture Chamber Also in the promo apart from the crappy 3D, the lolis tend to transform in all the mahou shoujo glory WTF

Sorry for stating the obvious, but I am puzzled that none has yet begun ridiculing it, unless I am way off with my impressions
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 19:19   Link #134
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Actually people have already pointed out separately all of which you've combined into one post.

But we can only judge when the actual show starts.

Mainly I'm most interested in Nodoka which people in this thread don't seem too interested because most are more interested in lolis for this one.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 20:07   Link #135
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Actually people have already pointed out separately all of which you've combined into one post.

But we can only judge when the actual show starts.

Mainly I'm most interested in Nodoka which people in this thread don't seem too interested because most are more interested in lolis for this one.
Nodoka is the meganekko with the green hair?

... and since I forgot where is 'Taro (VA: Fukuyama Jun) in the promo?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 20:09   Link #136
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post

I think Nodoka is the pinked haired one with the really large boobs.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 20:14   Link #137
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yea, for some reason I like her boobs lol

But if we're going to see something of that level of the vol 2 cover, Yuuki would be my favourite as well.

Old 2009-03-29, 20:25   Link #138
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Even though you said that, there are like, what, 3 lolis in this whole show.
And as far as I see, no one pick their favorite yet. In fact, all the girls are lovable, so I don't want to pick favorite in this one .
And the cover, well, is just a cover. I don't remember seeing any scene like that in the manga, and hardly in the anime .

Once they reach the final, I'll claim all the 3 lolis and some others
Quote:
Guys, apart from the loli, no-pan, GONZO, etc. have you noticed that this has the same director as Dragonaut and character designs are from the same dude that did the Erotic Torture Chamber Also in the promo apart from the crappy 3D, the lolis tend to transform in all the mahou shoujo glory WTF

Sorry for stating the obvious, but I am puzzled that none has yet begun ridiculing it, unless I am way off with my impressions
Because Dragonaut and this one are 2 different categories? He can screw up big there, but I don't think it matters much here until I see with my own eyes. Character design, well, we've already seen them all, so what's the problem?
Beside, I thought the 3D blend pretty well in the scene. And don't touch the mahou shoujo glory. It's what makes this show unique in its own genre.

Judging from your reaction, I guess you haven't read the manga yet?
Old 2009-03-29, 20:27   Link #139
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

When I know all the girls well, I'll set up a waifu system here as well.

Old 2009-03-29, 20:48   Link #140
Falkor

Quote:

I'm not sure of how to reply to this without giving away some spoilers here and there... but all I can say is that you should watch at least the first three mahjong games that are going to be featured in Saki, and then form your opinion of the show.

As for me, I've done enough research to get a sense of what to expect---I've been reading the manga and the Drama CD is one of my favorites, so yeah... (The Drama CD is actually the thing that convince me to watch this adaptation).

Quote:

Jun Fukuyama is unfortunately voicing a minor character. He is the only guy featured in the promotional video (not the first one, but the second one). Actually, I think he is the only male character in the show...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen