AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-02, 00:17   Link #81
Tiberium Wolf

The fighting is pretty boring. Soloing also boring.
Old 2011-06-02, 01:53   Link #82
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
The fighting is pretty boring. Soloing also boring.
I see your point.

But likewise, I find the micro management of characters in DA 1 to be too much a hassle an affair alongside it's ceaseless chains of dialough.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 02:37   Link #83
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The tutorial was just brutal to get over with, simply because the guards keep saying one thing... "Plough the Lilies!!" or something like that. They sure teach guards in that time some unique dialogue to bring fear to their enemies..
Old 2011-06-02, 03:45   Link #84
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The tutorial was just brutal to get over with, simply because the guards keep saying one thing... "Plough the Lilies!!" or something like that. They sure teach guards in that time some unique dialogue to bring fear to their enemies..
Aren't you 16? This is supposed to be a mature game you know
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 03:53   Link #85
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
If placed in the Japanese context, it would mean an all-out yuri action.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 09:47   Link #86
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
FYI, the flag of Temeria had symbols of lillies on them. You can even see it on the tents and on the soldiers' uniforms in the prologue. So it actually means "Fuck/Kill The Temerians" in game context. And in literal translation from Polish, it actually reads "Fuck the lilies"

You know, it will look better on the both of you to do some research on the on the source material before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Aren't you 16? This is supposed to be a mature game you know
If you search on the history of the kid's post, he had been expose to more brutal stuff.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 10:03   Link #87
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
That would be interesting to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
FYI, the flag of Temeria had symbols of lillies on them. You can even see it on the tents and on the soldiers' uniforms in the prologue. So it actually means "Fuck/Kill The Temerians" in game context. And in literal translation from Polish, it actually reads "Fuck the lilies"

You know, it will look better on the both of you to do some research on the on the source material before posting.
Hmm, I probably should have paid more close attention to the banners then the soldiers at the camp preparing for battle. Or just getting along with the story and not surveying my surroundings (explains why I'm always out of Ingrediants to use for Alchemy)

Quote:
If you search on the history of the kid's post, he had been expose to more brutal stuff.
Edit: *pouts* Everyone keeps calling me a kid.
Old 2011-06-02, 15:07   Link #88
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The Game will be released on Xbox360. Good for the one who can really well run it on their pc.

For the game , i'm in the last quest for Ac1 , i can only play ~1h every days so ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 04:38   Link #89
Irkalla
I asked for this

Finished my first playthrough, must say I absolutely loved the story! Lots of backstabbing, double crossing, schemes, yeaaaa! I needn't say that graphics are absolutely fantastic - the level designs, absolutely gorgeous. Nothing like the wasteland of da2. On the other hand, the combat and rpg experience is not that great. Combat is boring and totally non responsive, not to mention that it's unbalanced. The last fight in the prologue is pretty much Arishok level kiting. Then it gets easier with each chapter, to the point of becoming a joke. Only the bosses are really a challenge. Rpg aspect falls short as well. I mean, you can make decisions, you can take a whole other path -which is fantastic, but it's just not enough. For starters, you play a defined character, who yeah, is based off the book, and you can't really do much with him. He has a defined personalty, he is a Witcher, and he stays out of politics as much as possible. Okay, that is him, not my character! Picking up flowers and loot is not enough to call it a rpg, sorry if that offends any fanboys. Characters are good, tho! They could have explored them better, I mean, explored their personalities, hehe. It has at least one memorable character - Iorveth, love that elf! At least he is honest about being, well, himself. Saskia was also great, didn't see that coming at all. (you know what!) Overall it's a really decent game, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it the rpg of the decade..I don't really consider it that much of a rpg to start with XD 85/100

Oh and! My favourite type of magic - Lesbomancy!! Cracked up! Why are dwarves always the funniest characters? Plough it!
Old 2011-06-04, 04:49   Link #90
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I am gonna start on the game tomorrow after I complete the first one with 100%. Stupid exams...at least after this I am graduating! Woohoo!

Quote:
Proof :

Quote:
That would be interesting to see

Quote:
Edit: *pouts* Everyone keeps calling me a kid.
I didn't. I called you a shota.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-04, 12:53   Link #91
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Thats great! The Polish seem to be very proud of their game and they should be. First time I see a game be acknowledged by a political figure.

I of course don't think that Obama will be playing the game at all.
It would be scary if Obama played it for a long period of time instead of doing work Or if the condition gets even worse..

Quote:
I didn't. I called you a shota.
I don't think thats any better....
Old 2011-06-04, 15:05   Link #92
Tiberium Wolf

I am playing today the elf path and it was fun in the CH II in the Vergen defense. Using air push spell to throw out the soldiers from the wall. That part is awesome. Faster than killing them with the sword.
Old 2011-06-05, 03:47   Link #93
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
It would be scary if Obama played it for a long period of time instead of doing work Or if the condition gets even worse..

I don't think thats any better....
Maybe he'll take the lessons to heart and 'deal' with his opponents like Geralt does, and finally be able to get things done.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 09:55   Link #94
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hehe, then that would finally solve all the questioning/etc that are left unanswered
Old 2011-06-05, 10:36   Link #95
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Maybe he'll take the lessons to heart and 'deal' with his opponents like Geralt does, and finally be able to get things done.
Or like Alvin? Go back in time, grow older, then come back to try and wax his saviour?

Old 2011-06-05, 17:01   Link #96
Tiberium Wolf

Spoiler for About Dethmold:
Old 2011-06-26, 14:52   Link #97
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally finished the game.

Overall , it was very great , the storyline is really interesting & the choices can be difficult.
The gameplay is fun with all the mechanics but the sword play is kinda meh compared to Witcher 1.
I was with Ioverth's side , i saved Triss at the end , i killed Saskia & let Sheala die and i didn't kill Letho for some reasons like he didn't kill me back then.

Anyway love it so far. Dunno if i'll have the time to make a 2nd playthrough. So much game to play now & i have so few times to play.

Btw , the hardest boss is the mage at the magic portal. Restart the game like 20times.
Gargoyle does so much dmg compared to normal one (3-4 hits = dead) and the mage spam his fireballs. ROLL & QUEN POWER !
And he drop a great Staff & some stuffs instead of the res points.

I go back fighting Letho to see how much he's strong now ^^

Edit : Though guy with Quen but easy , roll on his back then click. The fire Mage is the stronger.

And , Ysgith's armor is the best armor , dunno why they said that Vran's armor is the best... look at the stats , Ysgith is way more better.

Ow and 1 question , where's Alvin ? thought we'll meet him.

Last edited by -Sho-; 2011-06-26 at 15:06.
Old 2011-06-26, 18:47   Link #98
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Sounds like its worth getting then, is what you're saying. I didn't mind the first game, although I got it when it first came out so it had a number of painful bugs in it.
Old 2011-06-27, 09:37   Link #99
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Some people played full sign spec or potion spec instead of weapon spec ?
Well , i know that Sign spec can be strong too but i think that potion spec is the hardest choice & ways to fight with.
Old 2012-01-27, 16:26   Link #100
felix
sleepyhead
*Author