AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 20:38   Link #1081
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... that's it? Really?
Old 2012-04-17, 21:09   Link #1082
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... that's it? Really?
Some other stuff as well but the Angel wings are the most prominent.

This collector edition seem to have more physical goods than ingame...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 22:06   Link #1083
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Beta v17 has arrived, and with it, a wipe of all characters.

Here's a video from Beta v16, and holy crap, using FRAPs killed my latency and framerate. Odd though, normally it works just fine. Maybe I just had a batch of games with bad connections.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Cheers.
Old 2012-04-17, 22:43   Link #1084
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Beta v17 has arrived, and with it, a wipe of all characters.

Here's a video from Beta v16, and holy crap, using FRAPs killed my latency and framerate. Odd though, normally it works just fine. Maybe I just had a batch of games with bad connections.

Cheers.
How did you build your DH? What skills did you pump?

I am thinking of either Monk or DH for this game. I'll see how Wizard goes first.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 22:52   Link #1085
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
How did you build your DH? What skills did you pump?

I am thinking of either Monk or DH for this game. I'll see how Wizard goes first.
Well, Hand Crossbows(HBow) currently give the most bang for slot when dual-wielded.

Also, you do not "pump" skills in Diablo 3. You gain skill/passive unlocks as you level-up, along with runes that modifies how a skill/passive works. This allows a lot of flexibility as you can then pick and choose which abilities you want to bring into combat.

By Lvl-19(currently unattainable in beta), you will unlock all six types of abilities, but you can only use 6 abilities(one from each type) at a time. You can change an ability to a different one, but it will trigger a cooldown before you can use it (5s in combat zones, 0s in town).

Damage is based on your weapons and gear. The abilities scale their damage based on your weapon's.

Cheers.
Old 2012-04-19, 11:45   Link #1086
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Maybe we should start a poll on what class we want to play as. I prefer to play unpopular classes because they are usually the most broken and hard to play.

I wish there was a knife-throwing dagger-using class like the Assassin.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:06   Link #1087
Skane
Anime Snark

Quote:
~~ I wish there was a knife-throwing dagger-using class like the Assassin.
You can tweak the Demon Hunter to be a knife-spammer. No idea if it is viable at higher levels/difficulties though.

Currently maxing out a female Monk. She looks like Ivy from Soul Calibre, has a Russian accent, and her class seems to borrow from Eastern mythology. Named her Ivana.

Starting a melee class is vastly different from a ranged one. Even with the 30% damage reduction buff, you are still in the thick of things and at the sub-07 levels, things can get very hairy if you get surrounded by mobs. Fighting the Skeleton King at Lvl-07, I nearly got 3-shotted. With no real escape mechanism like the Demon Hunter's Vault or the Barbarian's Leap, the Monk is very, very vulnerable until he/she gets the Healing ability at Lvl-08.

Then you start kicking ass, pull a Bruce Lee, and flail yours arms like Ip Man. The Monk is designed to hurl him/herself into the fray and start punching faces. Almost all of his moves are designed to get you closer to the enemy, and then knockback the enemy, then dash to the enemy, then knockback, then dash, etc... You basically keep moving forward, pushing the enemy back. It is a very, VERY offensive-oriented class.

At later levels, you begin to gain more and more abilities that allow you to tank mobs and bosses, like a damage reduction debuff on whatever you smack around.

One of the flipside of playing a melee character is that people expect you to go in first and tank the mobs, which actually makes sense due to the survivability of the Monk and Barbarian. Be prepared to have ranged characters follow you as the leader if you play a melee class.

Cheers.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:35   Link #1088
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Maybe we should start a poll on what class we want to play as. I prefer to play unpopular classes because they are usually the most broken and hard to play.

I wish there was a knife-throwing dagger-using class like the Assassin.
I'm going to have a Monk named Kenshiro.
Together with a Witch Doctor so I can switch I'm bored.
Old 2012-04-19, 12:43   Link #1089
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
You can tweak the Demon Hunter to be a knife-spammer. No idea if it is viable at higher levels/difficulties though.
Depends on the CD and mana cost of the knife-spam skill. If that is so I'll call my DH Ninjamaid......pretty logical name since those orbs she throw can easily be stored insid- *knifed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm going to have a Monk named Kenshiro.
Together with a Witch Doctor so I can switch I'm bored.
I am going Miko (female monk) and DH. The former which I'll call KurenaiMisuzu.

Old 2012-04-19, 13:31   Link #1090
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Unpopular I think would be witch doctor.

Was going to name my Barbarian Berseker, but might swap it in favor of Iskandar.

My monk in beta is SlayerS_BoXeR.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 13:53   Link #1091
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Havent really figured out which class to play, they all look very interesting. Probably a female barb/monk (Itna) or a male DH (Pazeus). Rarely get my name taken since they arent particularly popular or common so hopefully i get to keep em.
Old 2012-04-20, 03:07   Link #1092
com_gwp

OPEN BETAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 03:22   Link #1093
Skane
Anime Snark

My Battletag is Skane#1425 if anybody is interested in teaming up.

Cheers.
Old 2012-04-20, 03:23   Link #1094
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hardcore? So like if you die, you die? XD I played like that in d2 and never died though I was going through everything really slowly.

Also, don't play d3 on the first day. The servers will fail on that day; it's a Blizzard tradition.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 03:26   Link #1095
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Also, don't play d3 on the first day. The servers will fail on that day; it's a Blizzard tradition.
...because the open beta isn't for server stress testing or anything.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 03:43   Link #1096
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Oh wow... I finally got to see people die in the beta. There's a huge influx of new characters, and the vast majority of them seem to have the survival instincts of lemmings.

I know it has been said again and again, that the beta is easy; but it is not "retardedly" easy. You still need to follow basic gaming skills to stay alive.

So...

... No, it is not a good idea to tank a pack of Unburied when you are only a Lvl-02 Monk. Yes, that pack of half a dozen Skeletal Archers IS deadly to a Lvl-02 Demon Hunter. No, you simply do not attempt to tank King Leoric's whirlwind when you are only a Lvl-02 Monk (and this was AFTER I told him not to, before the start of the fight. Thankfully, he did not repeat his mistake).

Le Sigh.
Old 2012-04-20, 04:01   Link #1097
Xacual

Quote:
Oh wow... I finally got to see people die in the beta. There's a huge influx of new characters, and the vast majority of them seem to have the survival instincts of lemmings.
Open Beta weekend

I wish I had been aware of it sooner, I'd have had the download ready in advance.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 04:17   Link #1098
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I just played around with the talent calculator to see what's available and ugh, so many skills, passive skills and runes to choose from X_X. I'm usually not very good in making "good"/valid decisions .
From the looks of it the DH seems to be a mix of (bow) Amazon + (trap) Assassin + its own skills.
It's nice to see that each class has also (like most MMOs) its own resource management system. So far the Sorceress seems appealing, although I don't think they kept Frost Orb from DII. Good ol' memories of frost orb + meteor/hydra combination and when the game was "my" main addiction before I discovered VNs
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 04:56   Link #1099
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
...because the open beta isn't for server stress testing or anything.
*Shrugs* I'm sure they've never had stress testing before and not anticipated a higher than anticipated load since their stuff is so popular. (Besides the Koreans can't play in it XD) You can keep your sarcasm to yourself though.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 05:27   Link #1100
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Open Beta weekend

I wish I had been aware of it sooner, I'd have had the download ready in advance.
Wait....open beta won't be opened in the next 11 hours, right? Those are probably a new wave of closed beta invitation.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler