AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-28, 13:39   Link #1041
King-Slayer

Special Chapter for Achiga is out!!

Not much happened except we get to see more from Hina, Aya, and Sakurako (childrens mahjong club). Kuro and Nodoka adventuring around with them was kinda nice as well.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 15:17   Link #1042
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

What is the age difference between the lil kids and the 1st years? I guess it's more than the two years it would be necessary for the chibbies to enter high school first year when Shizu and Ako are still 3rd year.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 21:42   Link #1043
kona~chan
ヘタレ

say is this true? someone comes up with this theory.....
Awai Oohoshi (大星 淡) if we add 七 into the middle of 大星 = 大七星 /daichisei/ Big seven stars (name one of the yakuman) seem she will be another monster in saki universe
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 22:30   Link #1044
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
Special Chapter for Achiga is out!!

Not much happened except we get to see more from Hina, Aya, and Sakurako (childrens mahjong club). Kuro and Nodoka adventuring around with them was kinda nice as well.
We also found out Kuro never stopped loving Nodoka's breasts, that's something.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 00:17   Link #1045
custardpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
say is this true? someone comes up with this theory.....
Awai Oohoshi (大星 淡) if we add 七 into the middle of 大星 = 大七星 /daichisei/ Big seven stars (name one of the yakuman) seem she will be another monster in saki universe
We know from the rising hair scene at the ending of ep25 (anime) that she has some powers at least. Also, since she is Shiraitodai's taishyo, she'll go against Saki as the main antagonist, so I think we can safely assume that she is powerful, if not outright a monster. There should be more than one monster at Shiraitodai for it to be the number one high school even with Teru, and Awai/Sumire are our best candidates visualwise

One thing that bugs me, however, is that Awai is a first year, same as Nodoka. If she was defeated by Nodoka in the junior high championship, she's probably not the scariest monster. But then again, she might not have attended the championship.
custardpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 01:34   Link #1046
Valky
Radioactive

She's blonde, she might be abroad when the tournament taken place. (Or not went to Japan yet)
Old 2012-05-29, 08:27   Link #1047
Peanutbutter

This can't be real....After all the wait for Arakawa Kei's seiyuu... *faints*

Spoiler:

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 08:44   Link #1048
Proto

w00t. Kaneda Tomoko. Chiyo chaaaan.
Old 2012-05-29, 20:52   Link #1049
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I found it interesting that the extra chapter is set just a month before Nodoka moves to Nagano, and as such her memories of her friends at the Mahjong Club (and by extension their promise) is still fresh in her mind. It's kind of sad how it no longer seems to be the case (as the majority has been taken over by Saki).

I mean, she doesn't even remember how Ako looks like (in her dream, she saw Ako as a grade-schooler), which doesn't quite match up with what the extra chapter shows (where they catch a glimpse of Ako at her middle school).
Old 2012-05-30, 12:45   Link #1050
Proto

Well, that's how she interacted with her the most. If you are going to dream about the past you'd have more possibilities of dreaming of memories that have more neural connections.
Old 2012-05-30, 20:24   Link #1051
night_sentinel

I already posted this on the anime thread but it seemed that achiga will be getting a second season.

http://yaranakya.wordpress.com/2012/...-in-the-works/
http://seventhstyle.com/2012/05/30/a...nopan-mahjong/

I thought it was prudent to put it here in the manga section too considering one of the primary reason where expecting Teru to end the match on the vanguard round is because there are so few episodes left.

If there is a second season in the works that meant they'll somehow be able to stop Teru in the next chapter? Or maybe not?
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 20:51   Link #1052
Valky
Radioactive

So, they'll cut it right after Teru's match? Well, it's likely ..

Nah, Teru will dominate, no way a last boss material is stopped not in the final. lol.
Old 2012-05-30, 21:00   Link #1053
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
I already posted this on the anime thread but it seemed that achiga will be getting a second season.

http://yaranakya.wordpress.com/2012/...-in-the-works/
http://seventhstyle.com/2012/05/30/a...nopan-mahjong/

I thought it was prudent to put it here in the manga section too considering one of the primary reason where expecting Teru to end the match on the vanguard round is because there are so few episodes left.

If there is a second season in the works that meant they'll somehow be able to stop Teru in the next chapter? Or maybe not?
I'm ambivalent concerning this, assuming that this is reliable.

On one hand, it means that the semi-final round will be fleshed out considerably more, which is good. On the other hand, it also means that I'll have to wait a few seasons before the anime gets an actual conclusion to the semi-final round, which is bad.

In the end though, I guess I'd go with whatever gets more delicious animation for Teru.

Last edited by Qilin; 2012-05-30 at 21:21.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 21:15   Link #1054
Proto

I think that;s better than the alternative of them rushing the rest of the matches.
Old 2012-06-02, 21:32   Link #1055
azziz

Quote:
Spoiler for Why Saki is awesome in Chapter 97:
so,how many hand are left and what is the point count,if it's no asking too much?
i hope kiyosumi-first-and esui-2th-will qualify to the next round.
i don't know what to think of booby monster miko using god to play majong but it would be a shame if they were to be disqualified so soon-we've yet to see jindai full(sleeping) power and the masked loli's withouth someone able to seal hers.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 22:14   Link #1056
ChrisH8

Quote:
Spoiler for Why Saki is awesome in Chapter 97:
Good stuff.

Kyouko deserves credit for switching to a fast attack. The move may have been anticipated by Peanutbutter, but Kyouko only had a few minutes to adapt.

As for Saki, I'm not entirely convinced. She could've been ron'd with tanyao honitsu. Well, it worked out well enough, so I give her 80% credit for an assist.

The hand also shows a red-five pin scored as two han because the dora indicator is a four pin.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I don't believe that Saki knows the details of Toyone's hand composition, and so Saki's riichi wasn't to use Toyone's ability against her, rather:
Spoiler for Saki's hidden abilities:
I agree that Saki shows some new field awareness in this hand. She didn't have to call that first kan and instead could've waited until her next turn to do two successive kans. Doing so immediately, though, gave her an additional han for riichi and Toyone's 1000-point stick. It also gave her 3 more chances for ura-doras, but like usual, she doesn't seem to get them (kan, ura, and kan-ura doras). (The author may be saving that for another time. Without Kasumi around, a counted yakuman isn't that unlikely.) The risk is that someone would change the draw order as a result of her riichi declaration, but that risk is slim because they don't know that Saki has this move in her repertoire.

I think the main thing is that the hand really revealed the limits of some of Kasumi and Toyone's abilities. It's good to know that these abilities follow some sort of rules.

For Kasumi, I think that she has an overflow of tiles in her suit tucked into the dead-wall as dora indicators. Relatedly, she can only draw a limited number of honor tiles. Also, she may have delayed her power-up because she was aware that Saki would benefit from it with more kans.

For Toyone, her pursuit (ippatsu) riichi was a complete mystery to me when it was first introduced. Now, as you pointed out, those who declare riichi will draw a tile she needs and then be forced to discard it for her to ron. We also learned that her pursuit riichi ability helps her get to tenpai.
ChrisH8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 22:42   Link #1057
ChrisH8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Last time we saw Nodoka in achiga-hen she was dreaming about Shizu and the others, and seemed to have no idea how close they were, so she's probably not watching.
I was thinking that some of the others may have turned on the TV within hearing distance of Nodoka and that it triggered her (day)dream ... Looking at that again, the dream is shown during the intermission of Teru's match ... Besides Teru and Shiraitodai being national champions multiple times, after the hype Teru received during the four schools training camp and the news about her being Saki's sister, the Kiyosumi and Kazekoshi girls, including Nodoka, should at least watch Teru's match. Perhaps Hisa shouldn't let Yuuki watch, though.
ChrisH8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 03:08   Link #1058
night_sentinel

@azziz
Not counting the dealer's repeat, there are a total of 4 hands left ( the 2nd south match).

As for the point count it was not given at the chapter itself probably look like this?
Eisui - 110000
Kiyosumi - 99200
Miyamori - 98700
Himematsu - 92100

Wait sorry since Miyamori riichied (extra 1,000 points), then its more like this?
Eisui - 110,000
Kiyosumi - 99,200 ~(+1,000) = 100,200
Miyamori - 98,700 ~(-1,000) = 97,700
Himematsu - 92,100

Well, its more or less like this... to those who have a copy of the manga please check. I suck at point calculations.

ChrisH8
Yup, I agree that Kyouko deserve some of the credit since she was the one who did the attacking. Anyway, I focused more on Saki when I wrote that hence why its titled why Saki is awesome.

As for the last hand, I don't want to believe that Saki knows the exact composition of Toyone's hand.
But, the sheer chance that all of Toyone's 5 sided wait was invalidated by Saki's hand is staggering. So I'm pretty sure whatever happened can't be chalked to coincidence...

I see 2 ways that this is possible :

Way 1 :
Saki has a sensing ability that sort of sense of what are the possible waits the opponent is waiting for or she has some sort of intuition of their aims. It could be a functional danger sense.

Evidence of this abound but its specially prevalent in the final match in the prefectural tournament.
> the way Saki helped Kana when Kana was in 0 points.
> the way Saki changed the drawing order when Koromo was about to get her winning tile.
Anyway, this skill is mostly an inference of Saki's +/- zero style.
Since Saki can score +/- zero indefinitely, one of the way to get it is being point deficit to your target score and then adjusting your hand to win the exact points needed. (the easy way)

But, if for some reason Saki has a point surplus when she is on the last hand, a must skill if she wants a +/- zero is to be able to at least guess what her opponents waiting hands are and help one of them to win. This would be harder since making a specific someone win with a specific amount of points is insane.

Anyway, if it is this way then the last hand of the chapter.
>Saki has some idea what hand Toyone is building and made a hand that will take advantage of Toyone's wait.
> Saki riichid to activated Toyone's "pursuit riichi".
> Due to Toyone's "pursuit riichi", Toyone's 5 possible waits will then be set to be drawn by Saki.
> But, Saki hand is waiting for the same wait as Toyone... oh well you get the idea.

Way 2:
Your suggested idea which was supported by the anime especially that Saki has some intuition about the tiles that she is going to draw and has a knowledge of the tiles on the dead wall.

This is technically canon isn't it? When I was watching the anime match against pro Fujita.
>Saki knows the exact turn when she was going to get the tile needed to kan.
>Saki knows the exact tile she would get after declaring the kan meaning she must have some idea what is contained in the dead wall.
> Its not that apparent but I think Saki also knows who holds the tile she is going to need to call a kan.
So in this way the last hand of the chapter sequence is this.

> Saki build a hand that will take advantage of the dead wall. At this time, she already knows the dead wall is safe from Kasumi's one suit because she knows what is in the dead wall.
> The reason she called a riichi and allowed Toyone's ability to activate is because she is that sure that the next tile to be drawn by her is the one she needed to call a kan and an extra 1,000 points would be nice. So her riichi is bait for more points while she waits for her next tile.
> She also knows that when she called that kan, the dead wall draw would be her winning tile and there's nothing anyone can do about that.

So pick your poison on how Saki managed to win ... both ways are stupidly overpowered anyway and its not like they're mutually exclusive. It is possible that Saki possess both abilities.

I guess the burden of evidence on how depends on how Toyone's ability work though:

Way 1 works if Toyone's pursuit riichii alters the tiles that the one who declared riichi first gets. This meant that if you declare riichi, Toyone will get a tenpai and activate pursuit riichi. The moment Toyone uses her ability, the tile you will get is her winning tile.

Way 2 works if the tiles to be drawn is set and Toyone's pursuit ability allows her to get into tenpai for the tiles that are set to be drawn by the one who declares riichi first.

So its more like a chicken and egg question.
Does Toyone's pursuit ability change the tile drawn by who called riichi first so it will be her winning tile?
Or does Toyone's pursuit ability give her a hand that is tenpai for the the tile drawn by the one who called riichi first?
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 03:50   Link #1059
tsunade666

Quote:
@azziz
Not counting the dealer's repeat, there are a total of 4 hands left ( the 2nd south match).

As for the point count it was not given at the chapter itself probably look like this?
Eisui - 110000
Kiyosumi - 99200
Miyamori - 98700
Himematsu - 92100

Wait sorry since Miyamori riichied (extra 1,000 points), then its more like this?
Eisui - 110,000
Kiyosumi - 99,200 ~(+1,000) = 100,200
Miyamori - 98,700 ~(-1,000) = 97,700
Himematsu - 92,100

Well, its more or less like this... to those who have a copy of the manga please check. I suck at point calculations.
Is this the current score after the last play of Saki in the last chapter?
Old 2012-06-03, 04:15   Link #1060
Sol Falling

Quote:
I guess the burden of evidence on how depends on how Toyone's ability work though:

Way 1 works if Toyone's pursuit riichii alters the tiles that the one who declared riichi first gets. This meant that if you declare riichi, Toyone will get a tenpai and activate pursuit riichi. The moment Toyone uses her ability, the tile you will get is her winning tile.

Way 2 works if the tiles to be drawn is set and Toyone's pursuit ability allows her to get into tenpai for the tiles that are set to be drawn by the one who declares riichi first.

So its more like a chicken and egg question.
Does Toyone's pursuit ability change the tile drawn by who called riichi first so it will be her winning tile?
Or does Toyone's pursuit ability give her a hand that is tenpai for the the tile drawn by the one who called riichi first?
Well, that's basically a question for Saki abilities in general. Logically, one would assume that the tile order in the wall should be set at the start of the game and that it would be impossible to change that, i.e. such that (for example, for Kasumi's ability to draw one suit) all of the souzu are set every 4th tile so Kasumi can draw them; but then this would mean that abilities like that could be invalidated by disrupting the draw order. However, none of the abilities like Yuu's, Kuro's, Kasumi's which are based on drawing lots of a certain set of tiles have shown yet that they can be influenced/disrupted by calls, etc. Basically, they seem to be able to keep on drawing all the doras/warm tiles/single suit tiles etc. regardless of who changes the drawing order. Which is just crazy.

But if we accept that this is happening, accordingly, like you said there are essentially two possible explanations for it. One is that the tile order is not set at all, so that within the wall the position of none of the tiles is certain and that when it is necessary (due to some players ability, or etc.) that one type of tile comes up (i.e. Toyone's winning pursuit riichi tile) the ability then shifts the order of the tiles around so the needed player gets it. Alternatively, the other explanation is that the tile order is completely set beforehand, even taking into account all of the calls/changes to the drawing order which will be made, by all of the abilities, so that for the abilities to succeed it is practically like all of them have the ability to unconsciously control/predict the future.

Either way it's kinda too crazy to think about. It's basically like quantum physics or something.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri