AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-01, 15:31   Link #4861
hamazura
whatever

basically after-math + prolog of election arc/rescue gon arc. this is actually double arc running simultaneouly at the same time.
im surprised they showed ging's face straight ahead, in manga ging appearance still mysterious
i hope next episode we'll see new opening animation and ending.
Old 2014-07-01, 15:42   Link #4862
AntonKutovoi

Great episode of Feels x Feels again.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 17:28   Link #4863
MCAL

It's only right that an arc as morally complex, epic and fantastic as Chimera Ant get an episode fully dedicated to a coda. Needless to say this episode was excellent.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 18:31   Link #4864
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post
Spoiler for Ep136:
I do wonder how this works. I don't remember the queen eating any part of Kite's body and it also didn't look like Kite was missing any body parts. It could be that he is missing an eye, I think as a corps he always kept one closed.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-01, 18:52   Link #4865
Clarste
Human

I would assume she ate his brain. Not like a meat puppet needs a brain to fight.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 08:40   Link #4866
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 136-
Spoiler for part 1:

----
Spoiler for part 2:

Last edited by SHINOBI-03; 2014-07-02 at 09:23.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 20:38   Link #4867
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I didn't like Kite coming "back to life," and I especially didn't like him being reborn as a babyish young girl (especially when most ants were born as adults, morphologically speaking). Just ruined his sacrifice and his character in general... The thought of him living on is nice, but it just doesn't work character-wise or plot-wise for me.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-02, 21:08   Link #4868
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, you had Reina and Hina just in this chapter. Not to mention that Kite was already born really premature and shown as a miniature newborn baby. No time for those fancy super growth hormones.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 03:14   Link #4869
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well, you had Reina and Hina just in this chapter. Not to mention that Kite was already born really premature and shown as a miniature newborn baby. No time for those fancy super growth hormones.
sexy kaito onee-san incoming?
Old 2014-07-03, 03:31   Link #4870
Clarste
Human

My assumption is that Kite was reborn as a child to take him/her out of the picture. The new Kite can be a symbol of hope and life going on, but no longer serves the mentor role he/she had while alive. Also, I think it's worth noting that Kite never made any kind of sacrifice. He made a poor choice and paid the consequences. It's just a standard risk of the job. Contrast, say, Netero who had a back-up plan specifically involving his own death.

In other news, I just realized that Ging will be voiced by Rikiya Koyama (well, he already was) and frankly that's sort of surreal.
Old 2014-07-03, 14:33   Link #4871
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

DEM FEELS.

I was not ready for this dammit.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 15:56   Link #4872
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I feel that the feels of this feelsy episode have given me a lot of feels.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 16:50   Link #4873
revive4563

Exactly. I thought FEELS time was over.... a surprise attack.

But I think the half concealed mystery of two girls called Reina is unsatisfactory.
Especially the girl who argues that my name is Kite... is unnecessary.
I've searched about that. Okay, I can understand now. But it wasn't good advanced hint, IMO.
Maybe Togashi took too much time to make this arc.
He was thinking too much. This is one of the harmful effects of that.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-03, 17:18   Link #4874
Clarste
Human

I don't see what's confusing about Kite. Like, a good half of the arc was spent talking about how the ants remembered their past lives to some extent. Why is it a surprise that Kite, who was killed by ants, would be reincarnated as an ant? Because his body itself was mostly intact? But the series has also emphasized that the brain is the only human organ that's especially "nutritious" to the ants, and common sense would imply that that's where memories lie anyway, if anywhere.
Old 2014-07-04, 00:03   Link #4875
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
My assumption is that Kite was reborn as a child to take him/her out of the picture. The new Kite can be a symbol of hope and life going on, but no longer serves the mentor role he/she had while alive. Also, I think it's worth noting that Kite never made any kind of sacrifice. He made a poor choice and paid the consequences. It's just a standard risk of the job. Contrast, say, Netero who had a back-up plan specifically involving his own death.

In other news, I just realized that Ging will be voiced by Rikiya Koyama (well, he already was) and frankly that's sort of surreal.
He didn't go into things expecting to sacrifice himself, but he basically did to allow Gon and Killua to escape.

Also, yeah, perfect VA for Ging.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 00:26   Link #4876
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I don't see what's confusing about Kite. Like, a good half of the arc was spent talking about how the ants remembered their past lives to some extent. Why is it a surprise that Kite, who was killed by ants, would be reincarnated as an ant? Because his body itself was mostly intact? But the series has also emphasized that the brain is the only human organ that's especially "nutritious" to the ants, and common sense would imply that that's where memories lie anyway, if anywhere.
Yeah except the queen never ate Kite. In fact we've seen his body still intact only a few episodes ago. And you must've remembered wrong. Because I've never heard of this "the brain is the only important part". Nor did they ever mention anything about removing Kite's brain and eating it.

There's also the matter that Kite is Meruem's twin sister, so should not even have any human memories TO remember.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 05:54   Link #4877
Gaulek

Every ants could possibly have memories, some have and some don't. And Kite body wasn't intact, Pito cut his head and after she put it back.
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 09:05   Link #4878
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

As a manga reader: don't worry, there will be an explanation. I don't know if you'll consider it satisfying but it's definitely something no one has brought up yet.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 09:31   Link #4879
Arkeus

Also, keep in mind that Kite's death was about Gon's mental journey, and the way Gon threw away his life for his own guilt.

Having Kite not being dead just makes Gon being reckless even /worse/, so it only increases the message.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 17:35   Link #4880
pff
Banned

dat Gon transformation

Fucking quality. Does justice to the manga.

Already can't wait for the current arc to be animated.
pff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen