AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2017-01-09, 16:00   Link #11021
zibi88

well he mostly thinks on how to create the story to make nagi end up with hayate and not piss off whole fanbase with that choice.

I think that there are more Atan, Hina, Ruka fans than Nagis and it would be better to make Hayate end up with different girl than the main one for a change since most of all the series it is the main girl that always wins and its boring.

Personaly im on the A-tan, Hina, Ruka boats, even in this order.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 20:13   Link #11022
Hamazura_Shiage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLDarkLord View Post
So I'm wondering, what are the chances of Maria being the ending girl?
Love her! She's the classic harem girl that everyone love and nobody would get mad if the MC ends up with her, but 0 possibilities
Old 2017-01-10, 18:29   Link #11023
AnimeFangirl

I think the fans would accept anybody at this point, even Nagi, as long as it's well fleshed-out and plausible. The worst reaction would come from a School Rumble-type non-ending, which is why Hata should pick someone soon - and it looks like he has picked Nagi - and start building it up.
Old 2017-01-11, 01:11   Link #11024
AstroNerdBoy

Egad! Really can't wait to see 555 translated.

Spoiler for Chapter 555:

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-11, 10:27   Link #11025
Hamazura_Shiage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Egad! Really can't wait to see 555 translated.

Spoiler for Chapter 555:
Maybe he's just in love with her, I don't really remember but she's showed that she was in love with her husband.
Old 2017-01-12, 02:31   Link #11026
AstroNerdBoy

Well, since CTMEOY is no longer canon, the story of Nagi's father is no longer in existence. I think Hata-sensei would like to get him into the manga. I also think that Hata-sensei would still like to use the same plot device used in CTMEOY by having the Kurotsubaki do soul transfers. I may be engaging in wishful thinking, but I would like to see Nagi's father in this.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2017-01-13, 20:07   Link #11027
lucasdeis

There is a guy that translate them before anyone else, he doesnt edit every page but it is good to know what will happen

Link to the Website

ps: he tends to translate everything no more than 1 day after or so
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 03:38   Link #11028
AstroNerdBoy

Yes, Violent Cloud is a huge Hayate no Gotoku fan and a Nagi shipper. He's a really good guy.

Old 2017-01-15, 08:13   Link #11029
Utkarsh Ray

Violent Cloud even got noticed by "senpai"

Wow, it really does seem like this "Himegami" is actually Nagi's father. Would like to see him in manga.
Yukariko appeared! (?)
Utkarsh Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 09:53   Link #11030
grecefar

So nagi is forcing herself even deep inside she doesn't want maria to go, I suppose everyone is with "himegami is nagi father trapped inside that body" theory.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 12:07   Link #11031
Hamazura_Shiage

Hummm it would be interesting if Himagi turns out to be Nagi's father, but I don't feel this is the case.

Anyway, who else is thinking this "Yukariko" is just some kind of illusion and Nagi is going to open the path right now?
Old 2017-01-17, 01:51   Link #11032
lucasdeis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Yes, Violent Cloud is a huge Hayate no Gotoku fan and a Nagi shipper. He's a really good guy.
yeah actually i am a friend of him on facebook very interesting guy and i always have nice talks with him
Old 2017-01-18, 04:04   Link #11033
Ray97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamazura_Shiage View Post
Hummm it would be interesting if Himagi turns out to be Nagi's father, but I don't feel this is the case.

Anyway, who else is thinking this "Yukariko" is just some kind of illusion and Nagi is going to open the path right now?
Definitely an illusion(probably by Nadja herself). I can't imagine Hata pulling a ressurection magic bs to Yukariko lol.
Ray97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 00:53   Link #11034
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray97 View Post
Definitely an illusion(probably by Nadja herself). I can't imagine Hata pulling a ressurection magic bs to Yukariko lol.
This is Hata-sensei, so anything could happen. It also might be that Nagi traveled back in time.

Old 2017-01-19, 18:13   Link #11035
Sean Gaffney
Nomad of the Time Streams

556:

Spoiler:
Sean Gaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 18:43   Link #11036
Hamazura_Shiage

Hata... you can't be this kind of author.. that argument of *I love* all of the sudden is way too poor.

Last edited by Hamazura_Shiage; 2017-01-19 at 22:43.
Hamazura_Shiage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 21:27   Link #11037
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Hata-sensei.. you have entertained us for 10 years but please don't rush things like this
still sad for Nagi ending though... it's heading toward that route in lightspeed
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 22:46   Link #11038
Hamazura_Shiage

He had more than 10 years... 10 fuc*** years...
Old 2017-01-20, 01:17   Link #11039
AstroNerdBoy

Hata-sensei has shown that he's quite good at plotting a story and keeping track of plot threads over ten years. That is impressive. However, as authors learn, sometimes characters end up going in directions one never expected or planned. For the most part, characters that took a life of their own were characters that Hata-sensei ran with.

That said, I believe Hata-sensei always planned for the series to end with the Hayate x Nagi ship setting sail on the high seas. What he didn't expect to happen was that Hayate wouldn't naturally have feelings for Nagi. Throughout the course of the manga's run these last ten plus years, it hasn't happened. Hata-sensei immediately saw his mistake during the Athena arc. I believe Hata-sensei had intended the arc to show that a butler and his female master could fall in love and get married (in addition to providing back story). Instead, the arc only established Athena as the best girl for a great many fans.

Hata-sensei tried to torpedo this when he had Athena symbolically hand Nagi the precious hat. But since he needed Athena for the plot, it wouldn't surprise me if Hata-sensei made her a little girl in order to prevent the natural resumption of their relationship since Hayate loves Athena and vice versa. That didn't work, so Hata-sensei is firing torpedoes to sink all other ships. At the same time, he's forcing the Nagi x Hayate ship to sail. As I just posted in my blog, he used Hina as the hammer to force that square peg into the round hole.

As the author, he can do what he wants. However, I think if he does go down this path, he's going to turn off a lot of fans who will then not be there for when he attempts to resurrect Ad Astra Per Aspera.

Old 2017-01-20, 04:17   Link #11040
lucasdeis

yo guys am i the only one that think that hayate x "any girl" has no developement at all and that actually the one that has the most is nagi x hayate

still even when i think it has quite a develop between them these last episodes in my opinion all that development was taken out and hayate be like "meh love nah?" so now because of that decision it looks like it is getting rushed but NO it is not getting rushed it has been in a developed for quite sometimes its just right now it doesnt seem like it

Tags
comedy, shounen