AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 6 16.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 18.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 21.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 10.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 10.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.41%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-01, 21:17   Link #281
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post

Keeping her on standby would have been if he said "If things don't work out with Mikono, maybe we can get together". But he didn't.
Well, you could read that into what he said.

"What you said before Aquarion went out of control...I...I can't... commit to anybody right now. I have a lot to work out before I can even consider that."

"Right now, Mikono- is someone I have feelings for, and I need to determine if she feels the same way about me before I can consider somebody else."

What I put in blue above are easily imaginable ways for Amata to finish his sentences, and they would give Zessica glimmers of hope. For that reason alone, I don't think they were proper rejections. A proper rejection doesn't leave this much leeway, imo.

But in fairness to Amata, circumstances have conspired against him a bit when it comes to handling Zessica's feelings for him. I don't think he's intentionally stringing her along. But I do think Amata is so focused on Mikono that he's probably not handling other things (in general) as well as he should. It's an understandable mistake.
Old 2012-06-01, 21:51   Link #282
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Depends on what a proper rejection is supposed to be. I would tend to think of (paraphrased) "About what you said earlier, I can't." as being enough. Even the things you've put in blue are things I'd consider rejections that wouldn't be stringing Zessica along. I don't think they equate to "If things don't work out with Mikono, maybe we can get together". That would be taking them one step further.

Still, if you take the view that a rejection must extinguish all hope ever and "I can't commit to anyone right now, sorry", for example, is not a proper rejection, then maybe if that was read into what he said, Amata didn't do enough. But this looks like something where people's mileage varies. Personally I would take "I can't commit to anyone right now, sorry" as a proper rejection.

It's a bit of an academic question, given that Zessica took it as a proper rejection. It still would have been better for Amata to be clearer, although I recognise that he didn't have an opportunity to do so. Zessica responded in a way showing she thought it was a rejection, (and continued to think it was one), so I wouldn't expect Amata to believe that it was necessary to talk to her about it again. All the same, maybe Zessica interrupted him because she didn't want to hear any possible threads of hope being cut off by what he was about to say. (I don't think she did, though, I think the discussion was just too painful for her.)
Old 2012-06-01, 22:07   Link #283
Destined_Fate

It's his actions that are getting in the way of things really... Or inaction however you look at it. He's not giving up on her and has shown to care for her more than he has shown his friends than dropping her off at the mere mention of Mikono. Can't blame Zessica for still trying to win him over, because she's feeling extremely depressed seeing Amata unhappy over nothing happening(Her sole reason for taking the rejection was because she wanted him to at least be happy even if she isn't) with Mikono and still single. So it makes sense that she would still hold out hope(since he's still being a nice guy to her just as long as Mikono isn't around) that she could possibly make him happy if he would just give her a chance and forget about Mikono who seems far more interested in being killed by Kagura all night long than committing to Amata.

All in all it's just there so they have more ways to torment Zessica every week.
Old 2012-06-01, 22:31   Link #284
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

It would be reasonable for her to be in two minds about the matter, even. I would say that Zessica wants Amata to be happy more than anything else, so she partly wants his romance with Mikono to succeed. But at the same time, she thinks that Kagura/Mikono is fated to be canon, which means that she could reasonably assume that Amata would be better off with her instead, the way that would make her happy. Interesting stuff. It says a lot for Zessica's character that she goes for the option of encouraging Amata to fight fate.

I'd assumed it was all there for the reason of keeping Zessica angsting and trying to make Kagura look like a bigger threat, but given the recent spoilers and their possible implications, I wonder if there's a deeper purpose to it all.
Old 2012-06-01, 22:47   Link #285
Destined_Fate

Deeper purpose? It better be pretty deep for all that mud they dragged her in.

Zessica - I love you Amata but if Mikono makes you happy than-
Amata - Yes, thank you Zessica! Hey!!! You hear that Mikono?
Mikono - ...Oh, Kagura...
Amata - Mikono?
Kagura - And that's how I'm going to kill you every Monday Night when I get home.
Mikono - Wait!
Kagura - What?!
Mikono - What about Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights?
Kagura - I didn't think that far! You're so amazing Silvie and I love you so much right now that I must kill you this very second! Into my Tornado! AWAY!
Mikono - *Blushes and doesn't resist*
Amata - B-but...
Zessica - Don't worry Amata I'm still here for you! Not even death could get in the way of my love for you after I saved you at the cost of my own health for the thousandith time! So who cares about fate and destiny when we can be happy together! ...Amata?
Amata - That other me is no way more destined for Mikono than me! I mean he's just leftovers that I didn't even want though I question why I discarded such sexy leftovers. Wait, stop that! I'm sexier! YEAH! Which means that I'm clearly the one more destined to be with Mikono and not him even though he's me and thus shares my destiny! So I must fight my own destiny so that I can fulfill my destiny to be with Mikono thus defying my 12,000 promise to be with the woman I want to be with anyway!
Zessica - >.<
Old 2012-06-01, 23:11   Link #286
Kitsu Breaker

You want to know why MikonoxZessica end is the true troll end?
Spoiler for coment:

What a twist!
Really, nobody expect that

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Old 2012-06-01, 23:29   Link #287
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Wings of Rebirth

I have to say that I feel utterly excited and thrilled for the sudden explosion of developments that transpired in this episode and looks like finally EVOL is picking-up the pace and plot.

There was too much happening whether be...
Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-01, 23:46   Link #288
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
You want to know why MikonoxZessica end is the true troll end?
Spoiler for coment:

What a twist!
Really, nobody expect that
But she hasn't shown any interest in Mikono.
Old 2012-06-02, 03:46   Link #289
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
So yeah, I'm on the boat of those who used to like her character at the first episodes and now find her beyond annoying and pities Zessica btw.
Next episode will probably bring Zessica to even deeper levels (maybe Mykage will go as far as offering her a new terrible dress for the occasion).

Quote:
He didn't reject her in a proper way like a real man would do.
He isn't a man, at best he is half a man so it makes sense that he half rejected her (yes Sheldon, it is sarcasm).
Old 2012-06-02, 10:05   Link #290
Destined_Fate

Would be more horrible if he gave her a wedding dress and tells her to take part in the Amagura x Mikono wedding and than watching Mikono run off and say she'll tell Amagura her answer to "I do" later after this journey.
Old 2012-06-02, 10:27   Link #291
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
So I caught up to this again after a brief hiatus and for the last 4 episodes (ever since Mix got captured), I have no idea what's going on anymore... It was just balls to the walls werid... and probably stupid . Normally I would laugh at such developments, but unfortunately it wasn't funny for me this time. What the hell is Kawamori and Okada smoking lol?
Old 2012-06-02, 10:54   Link #292
Destined_Fate

Some people require a special something something for inspiration.
Old 2012-06-03, 02:56   Link #293
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Zessica is ...

Spoiler:

It's way too perfect. Then again with Okada and her "writing" at the helm...
Old 2012-06-03, 08:22   Link #294
Radik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korps! View Post
Next episode will probably bring Zessica to even deeper levels (maybe Mykage will go as far as offering her a new terrible dress for the occasion).
I have to wonder where they're trying to go with this. As of yet there just doesn't seem to be any real point in breaking down her character like that, since none of her actions really have any impact on the relationship between Amata and Mikoto. Every time Zessica tries to change the status-quo it only ends up hurting herself or her friends. With her "promise" to Mykage yet to play out it looks like things are going to get even worse for her. Either that's really just what they're going for and she's meant to be a tragic character, or the writers still have something else in mind. I hope it's the latter.
Old 2012-06-03, 11:03   Link #295
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
Zessica is ...

Spoiler:

It's way too perfect. Then again with Okada and her "writing" at the helm...
You mean a dog/cat version of Touma obviously
They all could just be dogs.
Old 2012-06-03, 14:49   Link #296
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radik View Post
I have to wonder where they're trying to go with this. As of yet there just doesn't seem to be any real point in breaking down her character like that, since none of her actions really have any impact on the relationship between Amata and Mikoto. Every time Zessica tries to change the status-quo it only ends up hurting herself or her friends. With her "promise" to Mykage yet to play out it looks like things are going to get even worse for her. Either that's really just what they're going for and she's meant to be a tragic character, or the writers still have something else in mind. I hope it's the latter.
It's called bad writing. There's no reason to "kick the puppy" just for the sake of it, it makes people confused and angry since nothing is coming out of it. If there was a reason for why the puppy must be kicked than people would be like "oh, so that's why..." instead it's like "It's been like... Forever. Why are you still kicking the puppy every week? What is accomplished from this?". I'm sure the writers have no idea why they must kick the puppy over and over again either, I mean they already had that promised sealed so there was no point in kicking her over and over after that other than to just kick her for the sake of it.
Closed Thread