AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-15, 03:37   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Romance in Regios

Welcome to the Romance in Regios discussion thread. The purpose of this thread is to provide a place where to discuss all things romance related within Regios potential pairings.

Please note that the very nature of this discussion means that people are bound to disagree with your opinion; remember to play nicely. Usual forum rules still apply.

Thread Guidelines
  • No Shipping!
    As stated this is a Romance thread, not a place to whine about what characters did or didn't end up together. Any such posts will be deleted.
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Most importantly: have fun
Old 2009-02-15, 03:39   Link #2
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

For the moment i am not including a poll, as not all of the potential pairing options have been introduced yet in the series. Will add the poll a few episodes down the road (most likely)
Old 2009-02-15, 04:32   Link #3
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Somehow this is a topic I've been waiting for, though. Despite that I only played around with investigating Layfon's so-called "harem" just to poke some fun and laugh at it, not to support any sides of his "harem"...

However, if Missing Mail's omake were to be believed, then I guess we might already have a clue on who the members of his so-called "harem" are.

Although at this time there's little we could learn even with the information from all the manga (the ones I've read is only the main manga and also the Missing Mail side story) and anime combined together, we'll need for those in knowledge of the novels...

... especially when the total number of episodes bound to be aired for Regios won't let us have enough of it, and we are already reaching half of the season.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-02-15, 06:35   Link #4
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Somehow this is a topic I've been waiting for, though. Despite that I only played around with investigating Layfon's so-called "harem" just to poke some fun and laugh at it, not to support any sides of his "harem"...

However, if Missing Mail's omake were to be believed, then I guess we might already have a clue on who the members of his so-called "harem" are.

Although at this time there's little we could learn even with the information from all the manga (the ones I've read is only the main manga and also the Missing Mail side story) and anime combined together, we'll need for those in knowledge of the novels...

... especially when the total number of episodes bound to be aired for Regios won't let us have enough of it, and we are already reaching half of the season.
Don't worry it still too early for the anime to be reaching half of the season. The anime is about 24 episodes so it's still in the beginning stages.
Old 2009-02-15, 07:26   Link #5
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Don't worry it still too early for the anime to be reaching half of the season. The anime is about 24 episodes so it's still in the beginning stages.
Yeah, discovered that quite late as I checked through the generic discussion thread. I thought Regios has only 12+ episodes before I checked and corrected my acquired facts about it.

... Okay, so we already have an idea of who the members of Layfon's "harem" are, but the one I still have yet to believe is Nina. I can understand Felli, Mei, and Leerin (especially), but Nina? Even though it's quite an interesting idea for me, but so far until episode 5 it's hard for me to believe although I wanted to believe it exists.

Any thoughts? Or maybe it's just too early for me to think why Nina seems to be included in that so-called "harem" :P
Old 2009-02-15, 08:51   Link #6
TrueKnight

Dude you think Nina would let other guys slept on her boobs in ep 5 just like that? Yeah you get the picture.

Anyways, *raise Fon-fon x Felli flag*
Old 2009-02-15, 09:44   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I raise the Layfon x Nina Flag!
Old 2009-02-15, 09:47   Link #8
meh

Hoping for a harem for Layfon.
Also cool with Layfon x Felli.
Most likely scenario is that nothing gets settled in the end because this isn't a romance story.
Indifferent towards Layfon x Lilin
Will be pissed off at Layfon x Nina
Will go WTF at Layfon x anyone else
Old 2009-02-15, 09:51   Link #9
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
Most likely scenario is that nothing gets settled in the end because this isn't a romance story.
I personally think nothing will get settled because the original source material is still ongoing, if anyone is hoping for a conclusive romantic end it would be best if you didn't get your hopes up. Anyway even though Felli's my favorite I don't know if I would like her paired with Fon Fon. I kinda like the idea of Layton and Nina pairing up, have no real opinion on Leerin/Lilin yet because she's hardly been in the show.. and Mei = lol no chance.
Old 2009-02-15, 10:05   Link #10
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Dude you think Nina would let other guys slept on her boobs in ep 5 just like that? Yeah you get the picture.
Yeah I know that, and I agree with that. Heck I even pointed it out myself while blogging something about Layfon's harem. (My notes when I screencapped it: "Aww c'mon Nina I know you liked that.")

But then again the way she takes social interactions when it comes to Layfon seems so casual I can't tell much...

Or maybe there's even a pointer I missed, in which as I recall in episode 2. Remember? I just recalled that just now.

Spoiler for some parts of ep 2 recapped:

That last part of the scene I mentioned here could prove something. If a girl worrying about a guy to the extent she wants to cry (especially after what she did to him herself) could justify Nina's possible inclusion into Layfon's harem, then I guess I'll have to be content with the discoveries... for now.

EDIT: NO WAIT. I rewatched the scene again and I noticed that when she said "Not at all." she's already on the verge of tears.

... Anyway, I'm glad we're just at the beginning of the season, but then that means more possibilities to look out for; and things might change... now I'm afraid of getting my guesses wrong as the show progresses...

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-02-15 at 10:16. Reason: so I forgot Nina was crying after all...
Old 2009-02-15, 10:07   Link #11
zibi88

Well even since he was with Mei alone at the beanch he keept thinking about Lilin ^^ and offcourse she is thinking about Layfon so I can assume that this pairing is kinda best ^^ since

Lilin: loves Layfon for who he is and doesnt care about his power or stuff like that...their are childhood friends that understands each other the best

Feli: a lonely person who came to Zueli for the same thing like Layfon which is to find her own path to live.... so she found a similar person to her which is Layfon... dont know if she has a crush on him since she doesnt show any emotions (and simple thing like a smile is super rare in telekinetics.... so yeah have a all-time-gloomy-violant-loli as your girlffriend and you will be super lucky....) Feli for me is rather kinda funny character that gives little comedy into the story

Nina: she only thinks on power... and how to get it or use Layfons power for her own squad17 profit....(but its not right to make layfon the work while she is not taking it seriously...since why to bother while there is layfon who will kick everyones ass) I dont see any romantic interreaction toward Layfon..... her only objective is to gain power and that's it..... at least in ep6 she starts to understand that Layfon is WAY ABOVE HER LEVEL and doesnt need much training (well the score shows it the best... layfon score above 19,800,000 while nina not even 1milion [she got above 800,000]... so roughtly said Layfon is above 20times stronger than her ^^ strange that as for a captain her level is very close to that sniper guy...normaly she should be 2x stronger than him...)

Mei: well typical hero-complex the one who got saved by Layfon from death and here is the crush like all other girls in the school.... becouse he is cool and powerfull.... well but its rather 1sided crush (since 1v1 in the park and all that layfon was thinking is lilin...)

to put in few words in discriptions:

Lilin: pure love without any hideing meening behind it
Feli: im the same as you situation (im a tool for fighting...)
Nina: power jelousy
Mei: typical hero-complex ^^

Well it only past few episodes and to tell it more we need to see at least 2x that much episodes ^^ but anyway right now im a LayfonxLilin pairing fan ^^ since both of them keep thinking about the other one... and its rather pure without any hideing meening behind it...(like hero-complex, power jelousy or I'm the same like you situation...)

Quote:

That last part of the scene I mentioned here could prove something. If a girl worrying about a guy to the extent she wants to cry (especially after what she did to him herself) could justify Nina's possible inclusion into Layfon's harem, then I guess I'll have to be content with the discoveries... for now.
nah I rather would say that she is worried becouse if she hurt him so badly he might leave the squad17 and the same the squad might end up disbounded... she feels guilty becouse it might be her fault for that to happen.... well she finally found someone to add in her squad and she already hurt that person so badly...

Feli was worried there too... since you forgot how close she was to him when he was regenerating on the bed.... so its natural for someone to worry about someone else then you hurt that person.... thre is no romance in there in my eyes...
Old 2009-02-15, 10:48   Link #12
TrueKnight

Well anime is not the novel or manga. The anime may used most elements from them but so far the differ in terms of storytelling. You won't find how Felli looked like in her maid-outfit glory that's for sure. In terms of developement and relationship so far, Felli and Mei have got alot of screentime and it's clear they're into the competition.

Felli well she feels Fon-fon's the only one who would understand her because of their similiar position. Heck she even nick named him personally, so far that nick stayed exlusive with Felli x Fonfon. She also listened to Fon-fon when he plead for help, where up until ep 5 she's basically shows this 'I don't care attitude', and finally, it's Fon-fon that's capable making her smile.

I think Fon-fon is pretty important for her, not sure if Fon-fon feels the same though. I agree that most likely they'll leave the ending open ended. If that's the case then I demanded a HAREM one.
Old 2009-02-15, 12:34   Link #13
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

No, I demand the Missing Mail omake ending!

Just kidding.

Current information in hand: Two already confirmed, as for the other two... one having somewhat good vibes with Fon-fon but not really confirmed yet (with that deadpan attitude + face it's hard to tell anything), while one... still needs more screentime for me to be able to confirm my suspicions (okay, lots of Felli is fine too, but Miss Captain needs some of her own too).

In my thoughts about 'em:

Leerin: she has an advantage since she's Layfon's childhood friend and of course, she's the first in his mind whenever he thinks of a girl...

Felli: I should say, whenever Fon-fon is involved, she's damn cute (I hate to admit it but yeah now I just did) and makes me want to laugh everytime she talks with him and end up with funny results (the "give Fon-fon his nickname" episode especially).

Mei: I get the feeling she's even far much better than Layfon, given the fact that how Layfon can actually cook as revealed in episode 6 (pffffttt--- Felli... I just can't resist wanting to laugh). Out of the three Zuellnians, I probably think she's the best when it comes to cookery, followed by Nina (in the Missing Mail manga, Layfon can't believe she can actually make tea; and even tries to imagine Nina in a maid uniform!).

Nina: Outside training and battles (and of course, when she's on good terms with Layfon) she's quite friendly that it's hard for me to discern friendship and/or any signs of feelings which makes me wonder - how is she counted as a member of the harem, again? Gosh, I got to blame the Missing Mail omake for making me believe she's in, although in the first place I really wanted it to happen somehow before the omake even came out...
Old 2009-02-15, 13:02   Link #14
zalem

To be honest, I don't really like Layfon with any of the girls. I don't think any of them go well with him. LayfonxNina could work for me if she improved her character and stopped being quite so hot-headed. Until that happens though, it doesn't work. I like Felli, but I don't picture her romantically with Layfon. Mei...well, you all already know my opinion of her and she has the least chance with him anyway.

Now as to what couple I think has the best chance, that's obviously LayfonxLilin. If things get resolved romantically at all it'll be in that direction. I'm pretty ambivalent about that couple though. I need to see more Lilin before I can judge whether I really like her or not.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:10   Link #15
Cinocard

I must say you have a point there.

When the girls' personality are vastly different, no one seems to really fit with Layfon. It's just hard imagining him and any of the girls walking hand in hand. Except Lilin, as of this point we don't know much about her yet.

The one that fit to be with Layfon should be lady-like, calm, and express her kindness aboveboard. A childhood friend who already understands him and can skip the blushing-process is even better.
Old 2009-02-15, 14:24   Link #16
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Raises Layfon x Lilin flag.. i mean come on. childhood friend. how can she not win?
Old 2009-02-15, 17:45   Link #17
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

o.o :stares at topic:

not much romantic development has been going on so far but from the stuff l've seen so far ...l'm hoping for either a...
LilinxLayfon pairing.
NinaxLayfon pairing.
MeixLayfon pairing.
ln that exact same order from top to bottom.
Old 2009-02-15, 19:06   Link #18
Cinocard

And you don't even put Felli in there? That's strange from someone who likes to watch Regios
Old 2009-02-15, 19:08   Link #19
zalem

Manji dislikes Felli, so of course she won't be on that list. Just like Mei would never be on mine (though again, I don't really even have a list. I don't like anyone with Layfon at the moment.) It's all a matter of preference afterall.
Old 2009-02-15, 19:37   Link #20
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Nina: Outside training and battles (and of course, when she's on good terms with Layfon) she's quite friendly that it's hard for me to discern friendship and/or any signs of feelings which makes me wonder - how is she counted as a member of the harem, again? Gosh, I got to blame the Missing Mail omake for making me believe she's in, although in the first place I really wanted it to happen somehow before the omake even came out...
I'm placing my chips on Nina, the girl with obvious complex. As soon as she can get out of her taichou mode where she presumes she is Layfon's captain, I expect to see her exploring other thoughts regarding Layfon. Of course, a harem is never out of fashion.
Closed Thread