AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-21, 13:00   Link #121
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I tinkered with "garucchi-chan" a while .... I decided it might be a j-mangle of "grouchy-chan" .... there didn't seem to be any japanese root meaning.
Old 2007-04-01, 01:39   Link #122
iwubanime
FMP wubber

so i just finished watching this like 20 mins ago... it was great

the pace was awesome, there was enough plot yet also time where we get to just enjoy the characters, i for one, loved the art! it had a unique style to it... (of course the dvd-rips didn't hurt)

i just wish S2 would come... did the website say anything about the cancellation??

i mean is it possible at all that they just decided to hold off on S2? it seemed like the production of this series probably took a while...
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 12:11   Link #123
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Season 2? A season 2 was never announceed, nor intended. You can't cancel something that is never intended in the first place.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 12:17   Link #124
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Season 2? A season 2 was never announceed, nor intended. You can't cancel something that is never intended in the first place.
But there some kind of spin-off or sequel announced wasn't it? Here is the page in AniDB: http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=3308
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 12:25   Link #125
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Interesting. I actually never heard of that before. I wonder if it was actually announced or this is just a weird rumor. There certainly is a page with that picture and some writing I can't read. At any rate, I suspect it is not going to happen.

Does anyone know anything about this? Can anyone translate this site?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 15:24   Link #126
[P]ako

The creators announced a S2 in the series' webpage. It appears that the project never took off.
[P]ako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 19:56   Link #127
7Th
Mixtape

Heh, seems like "The Adventure" lives:

Quote:
ANS Exclusive First Look: New Mahou Shoujo Tai Alice Animation

Continuing the "excavation" of our loot pile from the Tokyo International Film Festival 2007, we uncovered an image containing news of yet another new animation decision announcement that has seemingly escaped wider acknowledgement. Tucked away in the corner of a B&W promotional flyer for TOHOKUSHINSHA FILM CORPORATION is a block mentioning a new Mahou Shoujo Tai Alice anime is forthcoming in 2007 from original creator Amemiya Keita (Iria / Zeiram) and STUDIO 4C. The duo came together in 2004 / 2005 to produce the original 40 episode "tweeny witch" TV series of the same name. In an extremely odd twist for television production there, the voice cast laid down their vocal tracks prior to the actual animation completion. The new extra chapter work is being tentatively titled "THE ADVENTURE". Scheduled for six episodes, the storyline will differ from the serious nature of the TV seires, presenting more laid back comical elements and a look at the daily life of the main characters. Amemiya-san first hinted at a sequel series in the summer of 2005 attaching a scheduled March, 2007 debut to it. Character designer Daisuke Nakayama mentioned on his blog in November, 2006 that a 2 year production period had wrapped and agreements were being negotiated for Japanese TV broadcast at that time. Release schedule remains unknown as of this writing.
Source: http://www.animenewsservice.com/
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 20:50   Link #128
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Ohhh goody. I loved the artwork for this series! 鋭意製作中(working hard on it) they say!

Alice The Adventure seems like the temporary name for the 2nd series. Although it reminds me of a certain anime located on Aqua
Old 2007-04-20, 20:58   Link #129
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I was particularly fond of the "soundscape" they created even more than the quirky art and use of camera angles.
Old 2007-04-20, 21:01   Link #130
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Well that's good news!

Although, I kinda was thinking it'd be longer (6 episodes is so small) but I'll take what I can get.

Thanks for the news infor
Old 2007-07-20, 19:06   Link #131
driftr

Alice Adventures: coming to a fansub near you. Someday....sometime...yeah

http://www.squiggywiggy.com/aa01.jpg

Oh yeah, and I still stand by what I said ^_^
driftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 00:42   Link #132
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I just found out about this today ^_^. Just got it too. The anime is great too. 9.5/10

Can't believe I missed out on this anime

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 18:43   Link #133
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Exclamation Tweeny Witches Licensed!

According to animeondvd.com today (9/20/07):
Quote:
Media Blasters Acquires Tweeny Witches (05:35 PM EDT): John Sirabella is the master of sneaking in some license news in a rather amusing way when people least expect it. In a discussion thread about titles we listed earlier today, he posted, "OH Yeah...almost forgot we just got the materials in for Tweeny Witches... I never mentioned it at the cons. Do not worry the titles announced will be coming and more on the horizon..maybe even some bigger ones to announce..who knows."
No word yet on whether it'll be a dub or sub-only.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 19:16   Link #134
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Wow, never expected this to get licensed, it just seems so niche. Maybe more people will find out about this show now.

I wonder if MB got the license for the new season or OVAs that are supposed to be released (eventually...)
Old 2007-09-21, 00:48   Link #135
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wow... its such an odd little series so this is surprising (been surprised a lot lately) ... into the "buy queue" it goes.
Old 2007-09-21, 06:37   Link #136
Simon
気持ち悪い

Wow, this is a pleasant surprise. My respect for MB's good taste in licenses just keeps growing...

I wonder if Tekkonkinkreet made them go back and look at other Studio 4°C work?
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 08:18   Link #137
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post

I wonder if Tekkonkinkreet made them go back and look at other Studio 4°C work?
'From the makers of Tekkonkinkreet...' Yeah of-course, timing is everything.

Great news this. I wonder how many episodes they'll put on each release...

EDIT: I wonder if they'll pick up the OVA too???
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-21, 08:32   Link #138
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Oh, why couldn't they have done this a couple of years ago so I could have given it to my nieces last Xmas? Instead I made copies of this show from the fansubs for them all, but I don't know if any of them watched it. Subtitles are tough for younger kids.

The Japanese DVD release compresses two episodes into one; I think the forty episodes are distributed over five discs.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-04, 06:48   Link #139
Simon
気持ち悪い

Three OVAs are out 2007-11-22:(Question for mods: if the OVAs aren't licensed, should we start another thread for them in the Unaired forum?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The Japanese DVD release compresses two episodes into one; I think the forty episodes are distributed over five discs.
Seven, actually - and they came with one of the nicest artboxes I've seen. Also, the OST seems to be out of print but it's well worth grabbing if you ever see a copy.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 09:00   Link #140
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Three OVAs are out 2007-11-22:
I guess it's too much to hope that some group might sub these. Since Media Blasters licensing announcement was rather laconic, do we know whether these OVAs are also part of the deal?

I didn't see any raws out there either, though I didn't look very hard.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote