AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-16, 12:51   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

& the show i'm looking most forward to this season finally appears. Expectations are very high for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Because of this Im truly hoping they license Mononoke sooner then later.
One can only dream this will happen.
Old 2010-04-16, 18:31   Link #22
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm beginning to wonder if Funimation hasn't made an investment in FujiTV to produce Noitamina shows. With the current spring crop of shows, we've seen FujiTV expand Noitamina to an hour and begin simulcasted episodes via Funi. Late last year Funi announced it would invest directly in the production of anime shows, though at the time the list appeared limited to childrens' shows. Still after having licensed Eden of the East, and this simulcasting deal, it looks to me like Funimation has decided to throw some bucks in Fuji's direction.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 18:52   Link #23
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Whoa I finally saw the cast list from the first page! Fujiwara Keiji, Suwabe Junichi and Sakamoto Maaya??? SWEET!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 13:36   Link #24
solomon

Allright first post (on opinon of show)

I generally liked it, I watched it twice actually. Not like I liked it THAT much but to get used to it.

The graphics are excellent and characters interesting (Akashi-san is really charming IMHO). Only problem I have is why Yuuasa (or whomever) decided to have (Watashi) reading the narration faster than he if he was an auction MCee.

BTW funi already subbed it and is up on its website so it should be in Current Series now.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 14:45   Link #25
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Another show on my watch list as its already out will have to give a looksie . Too much to do too little time =/

But good to know its out two shows to watch today Yojou-han / Saraiya Goyou
Old 2010-04-22, 22:12   Link #26
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
what other series has yuuasa directored prior to this?

anyway, looks like a great show to replace nodame, and i LOVE yusuke nakamura, so
this is a no-brainer! liked the trailer and definitely going to be keeping my eye on this series!
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 22:21   Link #27
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
what other series has yuuasa directored prior to this?

anyway, looks like a great show to replace nodame, and i LOVE yusuke nakamura, so
this is a no-brainer! liked the trailer and definitely going to be keeping my eye on this series!
Kaiba, Kemonozume, and Mind Game (which is my favorite of the three).
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 22:26   Link #28
solomon

I've only seen Mind Game once, yet still remember it. Great movie.

After watching it a second time, I got used to the pacing. If I met a girl like Akashi-san in college, i'd be really into her.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 22:51   Link #29
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just saw subs floating around but I'm not familiar with the group. Anyone know what other groups are subbing?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 02:49   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 01:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Anyone know what other groups are subbing?
Funi official subs, meaning talk about other subs aren't allowed in this thread.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-04-23 at 03:55.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 05:23   Link #31
Katapan
俺様祭り

Posting this here too, yesterday's ratings from 2ch:

*1.6%
24:45-25:45 CX* noitaminA - Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei - Saraiya Goyou
*2.2% 25:25-25:55 TBS Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai-hen~ (I'm not sure the fanbases overlap, but let's assume.)

Ouch, noitaminA. Weirder series aren't working out too good for you (Kuuchuu Buranko did badly too).
Old 2010-04-23, 05:45   Link #32
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Eh. I thought it was a Crunchy license. Whatever the case it's aired so I guess it can move to the Currents now.
Old 2010-04-23, 10:17   Link #33
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Holy shit I'm surprised my brain didn't fucking explode after the first three and a half minutes. I can't even speak my native language that fast...

And... Madhouse? First thing that came to mind for me was a trippy mixture of Studio 4°C's Eternal Family and one of those episodes from Sweat Punch rather than a Madhouse animation. I guess Masaaki Yuasa got his way though, which is to be expected the director of Kaiba and animation producer of Cat Soup.
Old 2010-04-23, 11:03   Link #34
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

If anyone is confused about something feel free to ask me to explain...

There's a lot of things that might be hard to catch even on repeated viewings.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 12:44   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Bloody hell, fast dialogues are fast. I feel like there were more lines in this episode than everything I've watched throughout the week. I'm impressed by the main character's seiyuu.

Very good first episode. I'm enjoying the visual art style that's a little more conventional than usual for Yuasa, though still very original compared to most anime. The characters were also enjoyable, and the story is shaping up to be interesting. I'm not sure what to make of the end of the episode, with the time rewind. I think we're going to see his past in the next episodes but... He didn't die, did he?
Old 2010-04-23, 13:09   Link #36
Buddy Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not sure what to make of the end of the episode, with the time rewind. I think we're going to see his past in the next episodes but... He didn't die, did he?
He fell into a flash flood. The river has been widened carefully to ensure it doesn't enter the city, but when it rains all those mountains around Kyoto feed into it, and it turns into ten feet of raging water that could sweep you miles downstream even if you know how to swim. People do die in it regularly.

I'm guessing the show's going to follow a Groundhog Day deal, with each episode resetting to the club selection, and seeing how things turn out differently.
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 19:07   Link #37
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not sure what to make of the end of the episode, with the time rewind. I think we're going to see his past in the next episodes but... He didn't die, did he?
Spoiler for episode 1:

Great episode indeed with these specific visuals and creative things as expected from Yuasa.
And as Maaya Sakamoto fan, I'm completely satisfied this spring with this role and Nino's voice from Arakawa under the Bridge
Old 2010-04-23, 21:03   Link #38
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Oh, totally loved it (though I was torn between the frantic attempt to keep up with the dialogue and wanting to watch what Yuasa was doing!).

Akashi's design struck me for a moment, and I was trying to figure out why. Then I did -- Rei Ayanami... only wacky...

Heh. This one'll be fun.
Fellini 8.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 00:29   Link #39
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Waters View Post
I'm guessing the show's going to follow a Groundhog Day deal, with each episode resetting to the club selection, and seeing how things turn out differently.
That does seem a plausible theory, based upon clues in the first episode, and also taking Mind Game into account, although I'm guessing things don't turn out that different, because he seems to be ignoring his own participation in everything that happened.

BTW, the ED was awesome.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 03:06   Link #40
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Ouch, noitaminA. Weirder series aren't working out too good for you (Kuuchuu Buranko did badly too).
Kuuchuu Buranko didn't bode well with me either, but only because I didn't like real shots of human that particular anime.

Episode 1 was really funny. I love the character interactions and the small things (like the God went and called someone after he asked him to go through with the decision). There isn't much to comment on the actual story right now, but like the other noitaminA show this season, the characters are very fun to watch.

I wasn't going to watch this because of the character design (can't help it, human nature just goes against weird looking things), but I always give it shot anyway and I fell in love with it just like all the other ones that I thought they looked weird (ex: One Piece). Really the plot didn't really progress much beyond laying the basic groundwork, but the face pace talking gave me an insane feeling of pacing that I found very enjoyable and even a bit intense like I was watching an action show.

Shame that this has such a low rating, the directing is wonderful and captivating. Thought immersion is wonderful storytelling if done correctly.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
funimation, noitamina