AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 93 45.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 17.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 5.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.99%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-01, 22:13   Link #141
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
Hey i just realized but "Tachibana Kanade"?.....TK?!
Didn't I mention it in #31 of this thread already?
Old 2010-05-01, 22:23   Link #142
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Yeah, stabbing someone in the heart when you first meet, isnt the best way of making friends.

That has been playing in the back of my mind sorta. But it seems Otanashi isnt too worried about that anymore. He did notice she tryed helping him calm down. I could tell he was a little confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
well in Kanade's defense, Otonashi did ask for it

how else are you going to convince someone they are dead except by killing them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Never thought of it that way. There are a lot of metaphors in this anime that I haven't bothered to look for. To be honest, metaphors aren't my cup of tea.

Does anyone get the impression after their conversations in this episode that Kanade might feel a little bad about stabbing him, or maybe have an interest in becoming friends with him? After all, she tries to console him for his "nervousness" over the test. That seems like an awfully sweet thing to do for a complete stranger. Sure it may have been just a student council responsibility, but I still got the impression that she was being really friendly.

Edit: Disagreeing with yourself is annoying...
why am i feeling dejavu here , did we discuss about this somewhere before?
Old 2010-05-01, 22:32   Link #143
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I really feel for Kanade-chan here. Her petite build, her moment of "I need your love <3" and her looking for comfort makes me want to shove myself into the scene and give her a hug.

Provided that she doesn't slice me in to in the process.

Yuri was doubly stumped this time. Not only does she discover that Kanade's abilities are not only NOT from God, but she is also totally human. I also feel for Yuri here. I guess it hurts so much that the very purpose for your existence becomes debunked like that. It must hurt as much.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-01, 22:44   Link #144
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I really feel for Kanade-chan here. Her petite build, her moment of "I need your love <3" and her looking for comfort makes me want to shove myself into the scene and give her a hug.

Yuri was doubly stumped this time. Not only does she discover that Kanade's abilities are not only NOT from God, but she is also totally human. I also feel for Yuri here. I guess it hurts so much that the very purpose for your existence becomes debunked like that. It must hurt as much.
Either that or give her back her food, thus evading the capture of your fellows.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:02   Link #145
arcticphoenix16

Wow, I feel so bad for Tenshi. She's just a normal human looking for her favorite food while she's down, and then her meal ticket gets blown away...

The guys over at China are already swearing to eat Mapo tofu for an entire week for Tenshi :sweat:
Old 2010-05-01, 23:06   Link #146
Miraluka
Banned

Rage for this episode, althought it was the first very good for this series.

Quote:
Did anyone notice how shes shorted than most ? Something I picked up. She looks the same size as Yui
Spoiler:
Yeah, I noticed this before jus as I did with the previous episode. Tenshi Quality I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralha View Post
I'm rooting for Tenshi now.
I would like to say the same but since is VA Key........ I just gave up because is kinda super-obvious the choices for the VAK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
In the first half, Kanade's "Then choose the time and place" to the confession was probably the first time the comedy in this thing succeeded. Probably the most significant thing in this episode.

...And the second half was good seriousness.
Kanade = Angel
Yurippe = Satan
Can we switch the main heroine to Kanade anytime soon? ^^
Pretty sad seeing Kanade get absolutely nothing good this episode. The pursuit of unhappiness, yes. Another part of me enjoys this... But no change in facial expression doesn't make it fun, shame

As for Kanade joining the group... Well, it is an anime, after all. Lots of very good kids everywhere... If it was the real world, she'd be stabbing you with a knife for all the sabotage the group's done to her.
Amen to that, and yeah, somebody please, at least slap the face of that bitch of Haruhi Yurippe >: (

Quote:
So anyways, I'll hope that Yurippe suffers in the future for now. She does need her just desserts for causing so much pain to so many people, after all. Even if it used for comedy, can't forget how she's dealing fatal damage to those guys. But hey, you know the otaku rule, guys can't hit girls... but girls can hit guys.
Meh! Its anime, screw the rules !!!! XD

Random views:
Spoiler for Episode 5: Faggots vs Tenshi(Kanade):

Quote:
whenever someone says Moe. I think of The Simpsons. Wierd eh
Spoiler for So do I.....Doh!:

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-05-01 at 23:19.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:22   Link #147
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
I felt bad for Tenshi in the ep. Maybe she'll join the girl band now and play piano with them.
No thanks. I don't want Kanade to join the ones that trashed her life. Instead, have Otonashi talk/make friends with her. Yuri gets pissed, declares treason and orders SSS to hunt down Oto + Kanade. The two work together and run away together.

As for the new student president. Any possibility of being a trap? I love his actions though, pure efficiency, reminds me of Titans from Zeta Gundam.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-05-01, 23:31   Link #148
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I'd like to try some Tenshi then.
I expect that to also be very spicy and delicous. Not that Otaonashi was probaly thinking about that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticphoenix16 View Post
Wow, I feel so bad for Tenshi. She's just a normal human looking for her favorite food while she's down, and then her meal ticket gets blown away...

The guys over at China are already swearing to eat Mapo tofu for an entire week for Tenshi :sweat:
Mapo tofu is pretty awesome. Heck, now that I think about it I should probably find some too.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-05-01, 23:33   Link #149
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

Mapo tofu is pretty awesome. Heck, now that I think about it I should probably find some too.
most of the stuff you get in the US is the water down ver.
Old 2010-05-02, 00:13   Link #150
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
no one here recognized that the new scp looks identical to naoto from persona 4?!
Old 2010-05-02, 00:31   Link #151
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I have the feeling that Kanade is just as much of a victim as they are, she might have died and was resurrected but has bin around alot longer and knows more.
Old 2010-05-02, 01:04   Link #152
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Either that or give her back her food, thus evading the capture of your fellows.
So the SSS was grounded because Yuri didn't give Kanade her dinner back? I thought it was because they broke the curfew?

Now you knows why it's easy for the SSS to blame Tenshi for all the terrible things happened to them. Because Tenshi followers would do the same to Yuri whether is was under Tenshi's guidance or not.
Including attempts to beat the crap out of her since she's immortal anyway. Sounds familiar?

Any one who didn't follow Yurippe path end up disappearing (for better or for worse) like all those previous to her. And Tenshi would forever stay in her passive role if so. So I will once again emphasis my point: Yuri's plan didn't result in, but showed that how lonely the 'angel' - Kanede has always been.
Seriously, how lonely more could you be, if the only one who thinks and cares for you when you are down (losing your student president position), are those of your opponents?

Damn the NPCs, didn't even bother to get out of her way.

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-05-02 at 01:17.
Old 2010-05-02, 01:11   Link #153
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
All in all, this episode will dramatically alter the future of events in the series

Spoiler:

Watched it on TBS during first airing in RAW, then in glorious 720p Mazui fansubs.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Old 2010-05-02, 01:27   Link #154
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
no one here recognized that the new scp looks identical to naoto from persona 4?!
You're aren't alone on that one. I instantly thought of Naoto too. =p Plus "he" does look quite feminine, so there's hoping that it's a reverse trap.
Old 2010-05-02, 01:31   Link #155
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Otonashi and Kanade talking so casually together...I smell love triangle!
Isn't it obvious ? when Yurippe allowed Otonashi to touch *anywhere* when climbing up her. But when Hinata climbed..... "dont touch there! *slap*"

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-05-02, 01:42   Link #156
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

While I was chugging down on some fastfood moments ago, I pondered about Naoi's sudden entrance to the series as SSS's (too many s's ) nemesis. But I beg to differ.

I wondered why the Student Council only managed to do what they did in the end of Episode 05, when Tachibana is already back to being "normal" and Naoi's just new. I think this has got to do with Naoi actually having feelings to Kanade. For one, he (or she) can't do anything since the position of President is not in his/her hands. Second, the incident happened right after Kanade gets booted from the position, and, as Kanade's assistant, is enraged at SSS's move to humiliate her.

In any case, he/she might be some tsundere, but I smell that Kanade's gonna dump his gesture of vengeance for her.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-05-02, 02:42   Link #157
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:

Actually I dont think Yuri discovered anything, she just made guesses based on preconceptions she already had and rationalized that. There is nothing to support her claim of "angels have no emotions", nor is there anything that her getting food so late was anything more than a coincidence.

It honestly feels like Yuri is dragging herself in circles in a pointless attempt to exact her anger on a higher being who did nothing to her. Its totally something I understand knowing what she has gone through. Still, its a petty thing to do in the end IMO.

Also, Kanade = <3
Old 2010-05-02, 02:43   Link #158
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i need my TK fix in this ep
Old 2010-05-02, 02:46   Link #159
Crontica

The fangirlism here appalls me. Are you guys seriously saying that Yuri should just give up, chill, take it easy, and go back to the world where more obvious bullshit awaits her?
Yes she is stubborn, that will be cured with time.
Old 2010-05-02, 02:50   Link #160
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Isn't it obvious ? when Yurippe allowed Otonashi to touch *anywhere* when climbing up her. But when Hinata climbed..... "dont touch there! *slap*"
Read the novel and you might view this differently.

Quote:
I think this has got to do with Naoi actually having feelings to Kanade.
I think he is simply a NPC. Kanade wasn't one so she wasn't cruel while this guy is a freaking bot.

I don't think Yuri is a villain or anything. She was doing what she needed to do for the group and most people would do that out of curiosity over someone as absurdly powerful as Kanade anyway. She didn't celebrate her victory or anything and frankly told her group that Kanade purchased the ticket, which means she does trust them fully. On the other hand, she is definitely keeping some major secret but that's just her personality, methinks. She has already shown that she is the type that believes "the end justifies the means" imho. And I agree with Crontica, don't paint Yuri in a bad light just to contrast it with Kanade, who happens to be most people's favorite.

Kanade is a good person if anything, but it was more than obvious after her line in ep. 3 which went "its almost like I am the bad guy..." and just the aura she has about her. I doubt anyone believed for a moment that she was an evil force, given her character design o.0. I usually don't like girls that are clearly marked as "heroine material" like her but she is an exception, which just goes to show just how awesome she is. Now that Iwasawa is gone, she is the one as far as girls and I go.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread