AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 13.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 5.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 14.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 9.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 13.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 9.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 9.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 8.05%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-26, 11:27   Link #141
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
How is he meant to know that is the best way to protect the ship? He doesn't get viewer vision.

Also his sister said to watch out for Houki, so that will be influencing his actions.

Btw I don't actually like the way the story is going, but i do think think people are being way too harsh.
It's one thing to make mistakes. I understand that.

It's another thing to take up the high road and lecture someone on ethics and morals when he's clearly in the wrong.

If he just broke off the attack then sure ok that's fine. What happens afterwards? He gets into an ARGUMENT with Houki who tells him to stay on target yet he decides now is the right time to lecture her and how she always looks down on people. Since when did Houki EVER looked down on others?

And again, he's using a SWORD, not some giant particle cannon. There's no way he could cause that much collateral damage.

When a civilian is about to get shot or hit by debris yes it's heroic to jump in front of them.

When a civlian is NOT being targeted you DON'T jump in front of them and be a hero.

Quote:
I wouldn't even judge someone who just graduated from a military school this harshly, never mind a noob for sports based combat thing....
Except this is a guy who thinks he has the high ground and can lecture others on the proper morals and ethics neverminding that he is potentially endangering the lives of his comrades and hundreds of thousands of people.

Quote:
I actually kind of liked the episode, the quality was pretty nice. Though honestly didn't quite get the whole, “let’s forget the mission, I saw a fishing boat” moment. Yet again Ichika proving he lacks any sort of common sense. The mini-Ichika punch was nice though; probably Ichika’s only good moment this entire series so far.
I'm surprised no one's made a "Nice Boat" JPEG for Infinite Stratos.
Old 2011-03-26, 13:03   Link #142
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I'm surprised no one's made a "Nice Boat" JPEG for Infinite Stratos.
“Save the girl, the world, or a boat. Real men save the Nice Boat!”
Old 2011-03-26, 13:21   Link #143
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
“Save the girl, the world, or a boat. Real men save the Nice Boat!”
Yes, but Ichika isn't a real man. Hell, he barely has cognitive intelligence.

I love tvtropes.com and how it says Ichika "Informed Ability". Basically, we're told has one of the most powerful IS in the school, yet he has never won and 1 vs 1 battle, he relies solely on his teammates for other victories... and he couldn't even hit a non-moving target with that sword of his.

Ichika, along with Kurenai, is just another example of why I think weak harem lead protagonists do not go well in action based series. The only time I've really seen one do well is Change 123, as the lead was never implied to have skill in the first place. But with Ichika and Kurenai, they're both supposed to be these strong, trained fighters, yet each fight consists of them getting their butts handed to them while looking completely useless at the same time. Yet, somehow, they get all the girls. Makes absolutely no sense to me. The only reason I can give is that the girls are just as stupid as the leads are.
Old 2011-03-26, 13:32   Link #144
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post

I love tvtropes.com and how it says Ichika "Informed Ability". Basically, we're told has one of the most powerful IS in the school, yet he has never won and 1 vs 1 battle, he relies solely on his teammates for other victories... and he couldn't even hit a non-moving target with that sword of his.
Not really. We're told he can pilot an IS, and he can. No one said he was supposed to be good at it...

And we're told he has the strongest anti-IS attack. He does, nobody else has a one-hit kill. It's just that every other aspect of his IS (especially the endurance and ranged attack (aka borrowing a gun from someone...)) sucks.
Old 2011-03-26, 13:37   Link #145
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Obviously I was being sarcastic there…
Quote:
Yet, somehow, they get all the girls. Makes absolutely no sense to me. The only reason I can give is that the girls are just as stupid as the leads are.
When he wasn’t looking Tabane stuck a caret in his ass that—uh—consumes hormones and neurons in Ichika’s body and attracts the opposite sex!

There, plot fix’ed. /joking

While we do this all the time (trying to fix plot), for this one it’s just not worth it. Best not to bother, or you’ll kill too many brain cells. The plot is not broken, it’s designed with Ichika-fail as the main theme. You’re better off looking at the boat scene as a Nice Boat reference, and having a laugh, then trying to explain it.
Old 2011-03-26, 13:39   Link #146
Elladan
Ichika no Ecchi!

Send a message via AIM to Elladan Send a message via MSN to Elladan
Quote:

Ichika, along with Kurenai, is just another example of why I think weak harem lead protagonists do not go well in action based series. The only time I've really seen one do well is Change 123, as the lead was never implied to have skill in the first place. But with Ichika and Kurenai, they're both supposed to be these strong, trained fighters, yet each fight consists of them getting their butts handed to them while looking completely useless at the same time. Yet, somehow, they get all the girls. Makes absolutely no sense to me. The only reason I can give is that the girls are just as stupid as the leads are.
I've actually never tough of this from this point of view.. you're right.. many times the main character is introduced as some kind of good fighter and the like.. and always end up like a weak kid.

Change 123 is probably the only one I've read that the main character is supposed to be weak.. and even then.. he has more courage than others..
Old 2011-03-26, 13:40   Link #147
hoarfrost

Quote:

Watching a pubescent male flounder about in dangerous situations must evoke some sort of maternal instinct.
Old 2011-03-26, 13:41   Link #148
MartianMage

The cheesiness level of this episode is over 9000 <_<
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2011-03-26, 14:33   Link #149
kimpleng
Lurker

Its okay if the writer want to show Ichika failed the mission. But I've never think he failed this way. When I got spoiled from LN reference because of certain user, "Ichika will unconscious after his first battle against Silver Gospel." What comes in my mind, he will knocked out because Silver Gospel is way to powerful or probably has some secret weapon, judging from ep 1.

But this, I just couldn't accept the story... he lost because flying to lower altitude for saving or protecting the boat. Even Silver Gospel not considering to attack that boat. It just want to shot Ichika. After that[everyone know the rest] doesn't make any sense to me.

Compared to Shinji when loses against Ramiel in his first battle. Shiniji and Eva - 01 loses because lack of data of this angel and not prepared. They surprised when Ramiel could emit high density beam also a living fortress. I could accept this kind of lose.
Old 2011-03-26, 15:58   Link #150
Seihai
スマイリウム

This episode is full of lulz. Reading about how Gospel didn't aim at the boat to begin with makes it even funnier. Next time Ichika will be in the background, that'll be great for sure. At last. Then again, a finale is supposed to be good anyway.
Old 2011-03-26, 17:00   Link #151
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This episode is just outright terrible. Everything felt so forced and cheesy beyond belief.

I think Ichika's IS should switch to using Duracell, that piece of shit is constantly out of batteries.
Old 2011-03-26, 17:52   Link #152
Nihokon

Basically, the story of this episode goes like this.
Spoiler for the cheesy episode:
Old 2011-03-26, 18:00   Link #153
PzIVf3

The only thing bothers me, where is the strategy guide and command monitoring of the operation from the instructors? If there a unauthorized ship presence in that area they should be informed and warned them. How come they just keep silence at the time crucial emergency without proper assist guidance to the unexperienced pilots?
Old 2011-03-26, 18:02   Link #154
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
Hello, scriptwriter of IS. I didn't know you also visited AS.
Old 2011-03-26, 18:34   Link #155
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
Wait, Ichika’s going to be absent next episode? That’s the best news I’ve heard in a while.

Ah, it’s probably too good to be true…
Old 2011-03-26, 18:57   Link #156
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The only thing bothers me, where is the strategy guide and command monitoring of the operation from the instructors? If there a unauthorized ship presence in that area they should be informed and warned them. How come they just keep silence at the time crucial emergency without proper assist guidance to the unexperienced pilots?
Because in the world of anime "adults" are incompetents that can't be relied on anything. It must fall to the kids who for some reason have the proper weapons to do it....
Old 2011-03-26, 20:36   Link #157
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

A rather disappointing episode. typical omg-its-all-my-fault-therefore-i-will-take-all-the-blame.
and somehow houki just joined ichika in the cast of 'annoying characters'
Old 2011-03-26, 21:37   Link #158
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmetal View Post
Also how Ichika is probably going to save the day even though there seems to be no development shown in his piloting skills but just happens to have the suit with the 'I win' button...
It's an 'I win' button he can't seem to push.

Poor Houki.

As far as the mission goes, it should have been handed over to Laura (you know, the one with actual military training) and left doofus sitting on his hands.
Old 2011-03-27, 00:18   Link #159
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
What happens afterwards? He gets into an ARGUMENT with Houki who tells him to stay on target yet he decides now is the right time to lecture her and how she always looks down on people. Since when did Houki EVER looked down on others?
Houki looks down on others all the time, snobbery is actually one of her key character flaws.
Old 2011-03-27, 00:33   Link #160
dark998

Nice episode. Even with proper planning things can suddenly take a turn for the worse and a person is not guaranteed to react in the most optimal way. Ichika screwed up the mission but at least managed to save Houki in the last second.

Of course, Houki was affected by the event but thankfully Rin slapped some sense into her. With Ichika out of commission all the girls decide to engage Gospel by themselves. Will they succeed? Of course not (Thank you, episode 1 flash-forward )
Closed Thread