AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-01, 18:03   Link #21
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
I must thank for this thread for informing me for this game.
while I didn't play the game (are bad with this kind of game, especially when it is a horror game) I watched a play through on nico douga.

I must say Gary is probably the coolest okama character I have encountered.
I must say I got a small shock when he started to speak with the words "atashi" and "kashira" but as it progressed I more and more got used to it.
The game itself is more creepy than horror due to the atmosphere I think, I wasn't particular frightened or shocked but rather more disturbed more than anything else.

As far as I know, the word 私/"atashi" is more gender neutral than a feminine pronoun. But かしら/"kashira I really don't know. It's hard to tell since the nuance in Gary's speech patterns are lost in translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alarmadadna hadi View Post
spoiler]Mary's story is tragic. The times you do get to talk to her already gives you hints about her true nature and makes you empathize with her situation. In the end when you go through her personal belongings just further drives home the point that she really wanted a friend and to get out of the art world.[/spoiler]

Spoiler for Ib Story:
Spoiler for mm:

Also, Gary is a seme.
Old 2012-08-02, 05:18   Link #22
alarmadadna hadi

Spoiler for ib:
Old 2012-08-09, 12:36   Link #23
Rakoa

It is pretty safe to say the game is a masterpiece. I found the Forgotten Painting ending to be the most moving of them all,
Spoiler for To prevent spoilers...from the game Ib:

One thing I noticed, too, that I thought I should mention is the wikipedia article on Ib is in the process of being deleted. I think the game deserves a Wikipedia article, and if you agree go to this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...etion/Ib_(game)

and protest the deletion. I think if enough people protest the article can be saved. Thanks
Rakoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 17:50   Link #24
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakoa View Post
It is pretty safe to say the game is a masterpiece. I found the Forgotten Painting ending to be the most moving of them all,
Spoiler for To prevent spoilers...from the game Ib:

One thing I noticed, too, that I thought I should mention is the wikipedia article on Ib is in the process of being deleted. I think the game deserves a Wikipedia article, and if you agree go to this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...etion/Ib_(game)

and protest the deletion. I think if enough people protest the article can be saved. Thanks
not really

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ib_(game)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 19:42   Link #25
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ib_(game)) Fixed
Old 2012-08-10, 06:31   Link #26
freshoutofthepan

Just finished my first playthrough, and I really enjoyed this game.

The first thing that I thought of when I started was Corpse Party, lol. Some of the scenes/rooms were incredibly disturbing though, and the huge amount of tension during the chase or quicktime events (especially that one event with Gary). Gonna try for the other endings now.

Thanks a lot for rec-ing this game~
freshoutofthepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 09:16   Link #27
Rocksmash
Trapped within boundaries

Ib 1.04 out!

Ib is now updated with 2 new endings and a new dungeon~
Rocksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 10:14   Link #28
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

An update... for Ib? WHAT

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 10:59   Link #29
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

^ that also surprised me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksmash View Post
Ib is now updated with 2 new endings and a new dungeon~
more like 3 more ending

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 15:41   Link #30
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Wait what, an update for Ib? Now I need to get back in it.
Old 2013-03-24, 17:13   Link #31
cronnoponno

Hey, it's been forever since I played this game, but can anyone confirm this stuff for me?

The red ladies in the portrait were known for their hostility in keeping other women away from Guerte, when Ib takes the rose the walls accuse her of being a thief, and every time a red portrait jumps out from the wall, basically animating itself and attacking, Ib is nearby. This is ignoring scenes where EVERYTHING animates and goes insane and it plays the confrontation theme.

The ladies in the BLUE portrait are known for their greed and basically ''man-eating'' nature, which I believe only came to animate itself when Gary was nearby, and was actually apparently wounded by one. The one that jumps out at you from the window was likely already off it's hinges and looking for blood by the time it jumped out at Ib.

I believe there is a book in the game saying that those two colors represent the women who had those types of personalities, I may have gotten a few details wrong. Ignoring the scenes again, where everything jumps out and attacks you, I don't think any green or yellow paintings jumped out of you of their own volition like the other two paintings.

Also, in the room with the ''bunnies'', could they have actually been bunnies? There is a book in the room where Ib, Mary, and Garry observe the ''bunnies'', it says something along the lines of ''People with damaged souls will often see illusions that aren't really there and lead to their own death''or something. We KNOW Mary has some form of damaged/incomplete soul or whatever, so is it possible that she saw the illusion of creepy dolls instead of actual bunnies? Would this mean Garry has some type of damaged soul? Perhaps when Ib falls in the toybox and sees the creepy dolls(which Mary calls cute), she was in such a panicked and erratic state that she started seeing them that way as well.

OR we could say that the bunnies were the illusion, and that something is wrong with Ib. When Ib had 5 petals(health) and Garry had 10, I figured it was both due to gameplay and age difference, but what if Garry having 10 petals represents that his soul isn't damaged and Ibs and Maries are? I just thought the whole deal at this part was kinda iffy.

Sorry it's been like a year since I've played this, I'd be able to explain this with more facts if I could remember them as well as I used to, no one ever seemed to question this stuff and I figured that I might be thinking too hard on it myself, I noticed a few other things that seemed odd, but I never really discussed them with anyone or anything.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 19:09   Link #32
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The two new endings are quite depressing while the new dungeon is so long.