AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 235 66.01%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 22.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 7.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.40%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-18, 19:16   Link #41
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
I was cheering along with the crowd during the concert scene.

If there is one true indicator of "quality" enterntainment(regardless of what type it is) it's when you get caught up in the moment without realizing it.
Old 2006-06-18, 19:30   Link #42
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Spoiler for Random stuff this ep:

Two more episodes to go, upon which I'll have to decide whether I want to keep it at airing order or chronological order...
Old 2006-06-18, 19:46   Link #43
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Ho-ly crap. The animation quality has transcended to another level. I'll be REALLY interested in how much KyoAni spent on this project after it's all said and done.

A Mikuru-zombified army of glasses geeks...

I can't believe I laughed out loud 10 seconds into a show, that's gotta be a record for me...

Itsuki robbing the cradle hm?
EDIT: whoops, they only LOOKED like they were in primary school

Tsuruya-san in a meido-waitress outfit?

...yeah that about sums it up

I had the shivers during the performance, the execution of it completely took me by surprise at how good it was. And Kyon's reaction to Haruhi appearing on stage was priceless.

Hell the performance alone was epic. The amount of detail put into that 5-6 minute scene is awe inspiring.

Haruhi in this episode, and to top it off she was incredibly cute her tossing the grass at Kyon backfired.

Paramount episode and it's not even the last one. I believe it's alright to clamour for another season after today

Last edited by Shirobane; 2006-06-18 at 20:33.
Old 2006-06-18, 19:59   Link #44
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Well ... I personally enjoyed the performance and the Tsuruya section the most ... I'm surprised no one was endlessly amused at Taniguchi's reaction to Mikuru in the waitress outfit ... I actually watched that part 3 times ... the caw was priceless XD

EDIT: Also thought it was really neat how you saw Haruhi and Yuki running past in the background while Kyon is saying bye to Taniguchi
Old 2006-06-18, 20:00   Link #45
SailorMoon4ever

I was very surprised with this episode and almost hate seeing this series ends soon but all good things must come to a end ;/
Old 2006-06-18, 20:02   Link #46
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
My god! That song was pure hotness!
Old 2006-06-18, 20:19   Link #47
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

I personally liked the second song the best ... unfortunately it wasn't played in it's entirety.

As I said ... this ep was placed here for the Kyon x Haruhi moment (heh, second time they hold hands in this series so far :P).

Next ep is Kyon and Haruhi checking out Asakura's apartment ... if we're lucky we'll see Koizumi in all out action
Old 2006-06-18, 20:56   Link #48
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
OMG

Tsuruya-san + maid outift + jiggle = faint from blood loss due to severe nosebleed
Old 2006-06-18, 21:13   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Why is Tsuruya such a popular character, Is it the fang, the long hair, the laugh, the fact that she's only seen maybe once every 3 episodes, or a combination of the above?
Old 2006-06-18, 21:21   Link #50
Moogster

For me its the laugh.. + She really is cute.
Old 2006-06-18, 21:23   Link #51
Lost

WOW this episodes sounds wonderful. This has to be the first time I'm actually preparing for an episode. Reading out a chapter of the novel now. Tho IMO such a detailed anime deserves the effort.

For me its the fang.

Spoiler for From Novel:

I wonder if it was more than "unluckiness." Hmmm.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-06-18 at 21:44.
Old 2006-06-18, 22:05   Link #52
Pakxenon
popcorn

When I was reading that part, I felt the same way (I think)... but then again the idea never sprung to Haruhi yet, nor was she even motivated to do something that big after the production of the movie. I'm going to say that Yuki wanted to try out the guitar. ^^

I got a bad raw - most of the lip movements froze and some scenes froze. Dammit!

That was awesome. Aya's voice is awesome. The fingering was pretty well done, too. (Though I must admit, I don't like looking at animated live music performances - the real thing is always better unless they suck).

Then you've got Hard Gay references and a whole army of nerds used in this episode... Really freaky. The 5 screenings of Asahina Mikuru no Bouken was pure win! Look at teh army of nerds/geeks!

Some background scenes weren't moving (the talk with/after Tsuruya). How unexpected of KyoAni! =(

Ending was a little boring even for a resolution.

Next week, Haruhi and Kyon checks out Asakura's apartment!

9/10. Good music, I assume the animation is good (bad raw...), and MAID OUTFITS!
Old 2006-06-18, 22:10   Link #53
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Why is Tsuruya such a popular character, Is it the fang, the long hair, the laugh, the fact that she's only seen maybe once every 3 episodes, or a combination of the above?
She looks cute, she's happy and friendly, she has an infectious laugh, she's got that fang, and for me she's pretty much a more reasonable version of Haruhi.

The hair makes her stand out. The limited appearances... well, it might have been a factor in that we don't really see much of her, but I like what I've seen (and thus didn't get a chance to see anything I wouldn't like).
Old 2006-06-18, 22:18   Link #54
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon
I'm going to say that Yuki wanted to try out the guitar. ^^

I got a bad raw - most of the lip movements froze and some scenes froze. Dammit!
Haha I was reading another part

Spoiler:

It'll be scary if Yuki, assuming she loves Kyon, starts to go beserk against Haruhi out of jealousy.

Anyway about the "bad" raw, I had the same problem with FL's one when playing with VLC. Try playing it instead with zplayer (from CCCP). That helped.

~~~~~

ZOMG. The detail is partly in the way the anime adheres to the novel:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novel "Live A Live"
Right after she said that, Tsuruya-san returned to the desk by the entrance as the coins in her apron made clinging sounds.
I mean, you hear the clinging sounds in the show! Around 5:05. Haha.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-06-18 at 22:39.
Old 2006-06-18, 22:23   Link #55
DannyCat
Currently Observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
She looks cute, she's happy and friendly, she has an infectious laugh, she's got that fang, and for me she's pretty much a more reasonable version of Haruhi.
And she's GENKI. Quite cheerfully so.
Old 2006-06-18, 22:30   Link #56
Kenshinyoh

Good job Haruhi! You just caught a big fish
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-18, 22:34   Link #57
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Ok well, I've got to admit this episode surprised me, before I talk about the good lets dispense with the bad. The singing was in all honesty ear-splittingly painful for me to endure, but luckily it didn't take up the whole episode like I thought it would.

On with the good. I had expected Haruhi to go on a massive ego-trip after her successful concert, but instead she seems to be humble almost to the point of self-loathing and shame after she realizes what a selfish person she has been this whole time and feels for the first time the warmth that comes from performing a selfless act. This is almost unprecedented for Haruhi's character and I felt for the first time that I didn't want to hop and to the show and bitchslap her for once. I actually almost felt sorry for her that this is the first time she's ever realized the joy of helping others and not making other people suffer, we can see that Kyon has had an effect on her, which I was beginning to worry was not going to be the case by the end of the shows 14 episode run. Despite the odds there is some real character development for Haruhi in an episode that could easily have become a sales ploy for an Aya Hirano CD Single. You know what I'm feeling generous enough today to give this episode a 8. Let's hope this isn't the last we see of Haruhi's dere-side as its much nicer to see a more moderated character than Psycho-Bitch on Wheels Who Hates And Possibly Wants To Kill Everybody And Everything. Don't cop-out on me Novel-Writer and Kyoto Animation.
Old 2006-06-18, 22:48   Link #58
Lost

Does anyone also notice that more people were filling the auditorium because it started to rain outside? Just as Haruhi was about to perform?
Old 2006-06-18, 23:04   Link #59
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I don't normally download a raw, but this makes the second Haruhi one and even though I couln't understand 99.5% of what was being said, this ep still rates a 9 from me! (I'll wait for the sub to vote in which I'm pretty sure I'll give it a 10!)

Just on the visuals alone, this ep was great! Tsuruya-san just stole the part she was in (her genki-ness is so infectious! ) The way she was all over the place suggested that she was in charge of the noodle stand and had everything well in hand.

The songs in the middle were just incredible! I'll agree with others opinions that KyoAni really outdid themselves with that performance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Ok well, I've got to admit this episode surprised me, before I talk about the good lets dispense with the bad. The singing was in all honesty ear-splittingly painful for me to endure, but luckily it didn't take up the whole episode like I thought it would.
Of course the singing was like that, after all think of the sound system being used! Nice touch by KyoAni about how realistic the songs sounded when such a sound system is being used.

Even though I couldn't follow the dialogue, the resolution at the end was good to watch from Haruhi meeting with all the band members (I noticed that the left most girl looked a lot like Haruhi with different colored eyes and hair style) to her and Kyon's talk at the end. All in all, a great episode.
Old 2006-06-18, 23:05   Link #60
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis

The hair makes her stand out. The limited appearances... well, it might have been a factor in that we don't really see much of her, but I like what I've seen (and thus didn't get a chance to see anything I wouldn't like).
This is spot on ... would explain why I was one of the first Tsuruya-chan fans back since episode 00. Damn, her genkiness and laugher and fang were just pure win (even if the lighting made her look a little funky :P)
Closed Thread