AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 12.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 28.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-18, 20:06   Link #41
changeup

Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
About this whole "why is she going whacky over a sunset now after all this time"....um, ever heard of not looking at a sunset? I've seen one sunset in my entire lifetime, back when I was a little kid. And only because my parents told me to. It doesn't matter how many sunsets have been in her lifetime. It matters how many she's seen. Is it really so wrong for somebody to not be interested in a sunset and not look at one? And photos wouldn't work, because it wouldn't have the shining, realistic, fire-like effect that you'd have to witness with your own eyes.
Old 2007-12-19, 00:11   Link #42
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Man, I anticipate this episode for a week and all I get is a

Spoiler:

?!?!?!

Not that I'm complaining though I love that kind of fluff
Old 2007-12-19, 00:48   Link #43
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The preview for the last episode~~

Spoiler for episode 13 (final) preview summary *drum roll please*:

I just hope they can do a good job... with Sana...

One bad omen? The fact that they couldn't even manage their website correctly. The summary for episode 12 is placed at episode 13, and vice versa. Sad, sad...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-19, 01:40   Link #44
Flame-X
Anti-fan

i hope the last ep is an hour long, enough to cover up everything.
Old 2007-12-19, 06:10   Link #45
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

I thought this episode would rap up Nanaka's story. Apparently it's going to. So much materials yet to be covered. Are we going to get another season Myself; Yourself?
Old 2007-12-19, 08:46   Link #46
changeup

No chance. Go buy the game instead...

They have been setting the twin sakura trees for quite a while. I would be very surprised if they are not used in the last episode.

My prediction: the last episode will be about the internal conflict of Nanaka. My guess is that she is responsible for that fire. Not that she deliberately did that, but maybe she somehow caused it. After recalling this, she will feel so guilty and deem herself not worthy of love... and now it's Sana's turn to persuade her and bring her back, possibly using his own experience as an analogy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
I thought this episode would rap up Nanaka's story. Apparently it's going to. So much materials yet to be covered. Are we going to get another season Myself; Yourself?
Old 2007-12-19, 11:49   Link #47
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
My prediction: the last episode will be about the internal conflict of Nanaka. My guess is that she is responsible for that fire. Not that she deliberately did that, but maybe she somehow caused it. After recalling this, she will feel so guilty and deem herself not worthy of love...
And she would be right.
Old 2007-12-19, 13:38   Link #48
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

well by the title of this episode being called red memories something big is going to happen probably finding out her uncle killed the girls mum & dad, but the final episode is going to be called "mark" bit strange name to me maybe the uncles name or something??
Old 2007-12-19, 15:40   Link #49
changeup

The final episode's subtitle is "kizuna" 絆, which means the bond between relatives, friends, or lovers.

I would like to interpret it as the indicator that Sana and Nanaka will make it a relationship finally in this episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
well by the title of this episode being called red memories something big is going to happen probably finding out her uncle killed the girls mum & dad, but the final episode is going to be called "mark" bit strange name to me maybe the uncles name or something??
Old 2007-12-19, 17:47   Link #50
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
but the final episode is going to be called "mark" bit strange name to me maybe the uncles name or something??
Don't always trust wikipedia~~

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-19, 22:15   Link #51
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Slow episode, but I liked it though. You just cant have drama the entire time, I mean just look at Saikano, feeling sad again and again starts to get boring in the middle. A good set up for the conclusion, in my opinion. I hope the time we have left is enough.
Spoiler for Speculation:

Is this show having a break? I hope not, I dont know if I could take it :P.
Old 2007-12-19, 23:06   Link #52
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

The fire in the preview is interesting.....

Look at how the flames jump up like that.
Old 2007-12-19, 23:13   Link #53
Kristen
*Author

Something tells me that Nanaka realizes that her uncle did it, and tries to turn him in, and he tries to kill her again in the next episode.

This anime needs/needed more episodes to do the job right. I'd love to play this game in two or three years, if ever, if somebody will release an English patch of it. But this anime just is cramming in too much.

Very straightforward episode, but I felt like it could have been worked a little better. It seemed to concentrate too long on certain things, and jump around others. So, 7/10 from me on this.
Old 2007-12-19, 23:18   Link #54
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I rated this episode a 7/10.

Bah this anime is not going in a good direction. I only hope they can salvage the last episode and try to end it nicely but it is already screwed up.

I really wanted a focus on Sana's story and now we're not going to get it. If only they saved themselves two episodes by trashing Hinako they could've had a better lead up to the ending.
Old 2007-12-19, 23:24   Link #55
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I rated this episode a 7/10.

Bah this anime is not going in a good direction. I only hope they can salvage the last episode and try to end it nicely but it is already screwed up.

I really wanted a focus on Sana's story and now we're not going to get it. If only they saved themselves two episodes by trashing Hinako they could've had a better lead up to the ending.
I agree on all points. I also gave this a 7. Sana is going to get shafted. Unless his story was insignificant to begin with, and the watch was just something to get the viewers curious and talking about him.
Old 2007-12-19, 23:27   Link #56
changeup

I think all of your predictions will not be correct...

I expect a curve ball... no, a knuckleball thrown at us in the finale...

If I take a bet, I will say it is Nanaka who started the fire, or at least caused the fire.
Old 2007-12-20, 02:58   Link #57
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
If I take a bet, I will say it is Nanaka who started the fire, or at least caused the fire.
I also suggested that in the episode 11 thread and her reaction in this episode only makes me more certain about it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-20, 03:42   Link #58
DanielSong39

Bah, as long as Nanaka gets dumped I don't care what the reason is.
Old 2007-12-20, 03:44   Link #59
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This is the sort of stuff we should have seen earlier. This has been about as close as they've come to making an interaction between Sana and Nanaka feel genuine. Up until now, it's really been a relationship of convenience: they only love each other because they're childhood friends, and because they're the two leads of the show, and that's really all there is to their relationship. So we finally see the types of interactions that would have made good building blocks for a genuine relationship now. The problem? Waaaay too late. Where's the attempts to bring closure to any of the lingering subplots (and that's without even mentioning the Wakatsuki twins, who I think they're just going to let the audience assume live happily ever after). I can't see how they can bring a resolution to Sana's plot now, without rushing it, and it would hardly surprise me if they didn't even bother.

Spoiler for speculation for Nanaka:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
In a word - LAME.

Unfortunately, the writers wimped out - destroying all the momentum they had built in the last couple of episodes.

Not every show can be School Days, and it looks like this show fell about 10 miles short.
Oh please, the last thing we need is another School Days. One was enough.
Quote:
Well, they do need to kill two birds with one stone...
Well, they could...
Spoiler:

No matter what, I'm expecting the absurd.
Old 2007-12-20, 05:10   Link #60
Hage-bai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Bah, as long as Nanaka gets dumped I don't care what the reason is.
lets hope so.
Closed Thread