AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku OVA Rating
Perfect 10 14 26.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 20.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 16.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 22.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.77%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-19, 19:05   Link #41
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This OVA episode lagged in both storyline and production values quality in comparison to the first TV series.

Honestly, I disliked the darker shades of colors employed in all of the characters' designs. To me the animation staff cried sin when colored Hinagiku's pink hair to a darker shade, since that was her most distinguishable asset on her character.

Furthermore, the design for the outline of the heads and eyes on the character looked shabby and unrealistic, at least that's what seemed to me.

I felt by watching this OVA that it did not look Hayate no Gotoku at all, however, thank goodness that this episode imported the soundtrack of the TV series to remind me that after all it was a Hayate no Gotoku episode.

To conclude, I also felt this OVA lacked richness in regards to the content of anime and manga culture parodies and gag, which the TV series was so shamelessly rich of.
Old 2009-03-20, 01:39   Link #42
ACGalaga

Send a message via AIM to ACGalaga
Quote:
This OVA episode lagged in both storyline and production values quality in comparison to the first TV series.

Padding between seasons has been done quite often by animation companies.

(I'm thinking of Tenchi Muyo OVA off the top of my head... there was that episode where they were having a battle to get Tenchi's attention by reading tips from romance manga... silly episode but I still enjoyed it)

It was a fun, fluffy reunion of all the characters in animation form and kinda enjoyable. (I don't know about all the service shots... makes me feel like a bad person for enjoying this show.)

I'm not up on the manga, honestly, but I am quite excited to see the return of the show!
Old 2009-03-21, 09:08   Link #43
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I kinda miss the rather looser, more exaggerated style for the action scenes though, and Nagi getting angry doesn't seem right without the background turning red and her eyes becoming demonic and crazy comedic violence and whatnot
Funny, that's one of the things I liked about the OVA. I always liked it better when Nagi's jealousy and angry streak was portrayed in a semi-serious way (Such as whenever she brooded over Hayate's "For Hinagiku's sake!" two episodes later), because jealousy-related conflicts are always amongst my favorite parts of any romance. I dunno. I just like Nagi's intensity, and exaggerating that so much that it's unrealistic ruins the point for me.

Hayate no Gotoku seems to be in good hands with JC-Staff. Isumi aside, I'm perfectly fine with the artwork (I like Synergy's character designs slightly better at the moment, but maybe JC's will grow on me), and the series' story and style is no different from what it's ever been. My only concern is how long the season's going to be. I don't think JC's ever done a 52 episode season, have they? Fuck them if they plan on giving this 12 or 13 episodes like with Zero no Tsukaima.
Old 2009-03-26, 17:44   Link #44
Isekaijin

Hayate is not Hayate without anime parodies or references. I'm accostumed to at least 6 or 7 references per episode. That is my biggest and only complain about the OVA... But then again is JC Staff we are talking about. Now I've mixed feelings about this studio.
Old 2009-04-02, 10:21   Link #45
Gordy Lechance

10 out of 10 for more delicious:

Isumi
Sakuya
Nagi

and most importantly

Slender, Sexy, Topless Hinagikuism!!
Old 2009-05-11, 21:55   Link #46
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the episode.
Hinagiku lecturing her older sister never fails to make me laugh.
Closed Thread