AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-06-17, 05:24   Link #281
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://comichigh.jp/sp_kodomo4sp.html

More info regarding Vol.4 Special Limited Edition.

30 Min worth of OVA with it's own exclusive OP and ED.

Looks like they'll animate chapter 10 from the looks of what written on the left.

All at the price of nearly 4000 yen.

....yup, sound's reasonable for me to buy at at least 2 copies.

I hope Amazon JP don't crap the hell out of me again at not getting the LE on time like they did for Vol.3, I had to spend 3600 yen to ship the book from Japan to England and finally to where I'm residing.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 20:14   Link #282
togupheaval

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
http://comichigh.jp/sp_kodomo4sp.html

More info regarding Vol.4 Special Limited Edition.

30 Min worth of OVA with it's own exclusive OP and ED.

Looks like they'll animate chapter 10 from the looks of what written on the left.

All at the price of nearly 4000 yen.
Yeah, that news inspired more nerd outrage at ANN. Like it's new for a company to include exclusives in limited editions.

The story has a lot more drama than I thought it would, but I've enjoyed the past few SaHa released chapters more than the first few. Even with the solid drama elements, it has a lot of really sharp comedy as well. It's a fun read so far!

Spoiler for KnJ 14:
togupheaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 02:01   Link #283
GammaRed

Here is the Million Yen question... Will anyone be Fansubing the OVA release in the SE of Vol 4?

I cant aford to buy it at this time, and they are a "limited eddition" So I dont think Ill get my hands on one.

So I ask again, is the OVA going to be fansubed and torrented?
GammaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 07:04   Link #284
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaRed
Here is the Million Yen question... Will anyone be Fansubing the OVA release in the SE of Vol 4?
That will be an absolute positive. But my principal for anime is that if you like a series, you should reward the creator somewhere down the road. (Hint :- The LE for Vol.3 with the fig is still in stock at Amazon JP)

Perhaps people here had already knew, but for me.....

I intend to collect everything KnJ related.
Old 2007-06-18, 15:11   Link #285
GammaRed

I am buying the 1/6 Rin when it gets to Entertainment Earth (my favrit figure sight) I would get the whole tradeing figure line if it wasnt so danmed expensive. I have seen those figures you have for more than 200$ Canadain. A tad more than I can put out.

(I love anime/manga based figures, the girls as much as the boys!)

@MakubeX2
I love your lil collection *smiles*
GammaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 15:13   Link #286
Hayami
lonely soul

Your dedication is admirable, MakubeX2 ^_^

Actually you just convinced me to buy the manga from amazon.jp, even though I don't understand a single word Japanese >.<
I wish I could just a donate the author this money instead, but since that she doesn't speak English I can't even ask her...
I feel bad buying the manga because it's meant to be read and all I can do is to put it on a bookshelf (and I don't have any visitors/friends in RL either)

So far I've only one figure.

Quote:
Who knows. She's smart for her age, but is she really that smart ? Or maybe she could be mispronoucing the words there.
I like your translation better~
If there's even one chance out of hundred that Kuro didn't mean it, I would leave it out ^_-
( indeed the text could be just Aoki's interpretation )

The same with "let's have sex" vs. "let's do "it" together" by Rin,
btw. her pose in this picture reminds me of Rizel ^^

Less vulgar = win (in my book)

Btw. I just ordered Nymphet yet from another shop 2x
( ordered it from amazon.com 2x before as CandyVanMan suggested ^^; )
Isn't it strange that neither Amazon nor Archonia removed it yet?

Last edited by Hayami; 2007-06-18 at 15:52.
Hayami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 15:58   Link #287
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
This is probably going to turn out to be an essay... -_-

Spoiler for For the sake of being tidy:

Last edited by Risaa; 2007-06-18 at 15:59. Reason: ohmg, I've never used the word "panty" so many times in an essay before.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 16:18   Link #288
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Great post..... I feel sorry for the guy banned from reading manga... I guess Marvel comics are right out as well (with all their gravity defying ladies).

If you read further, you find that Rin's behavior is more complex (she's got a serious grudge and nasty tools to use on people she thinks are hurting her friends) ... but her attitude towards the new teacher Aoki gets very complicated -- you didn't say if you'd read volume 1 and 2 before reading some of 3.

The book is not necessarily for everyone but more because the characters may or may not be appealing to the reader. But I think you're another person that has *read* the material and asked what the overcharged lynching was all about. "16+"? sure, yeah, whatever.... "not allowed"? sad.. very sad.
Old 2007-06-18, 18:35   Link #289
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Ah, sorry. I missed the first couple chapters in volume one, but I've read the rest of it and all of volume two.

Actually, the parents found nothing wrong with Marvel comics. I think it has more to do with the parents' familiarity with the material than anything else - his dad read old American comics, so the son is allowed to as well. But when it comes to manga, the same exact fanservicey goodies are suddenly inappropriate. *shrugs* I don't get it, myself.

(Eep, reminds me of the time, around five years ago, dad came in the room while there was a groping scene with screaming anime girls... I think he went through a, "my daughter is growing up, noo!" stage right then. )

Though I don't care to read anymore of the Kodomo no Jikan manga, I do want to know what happens...
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 23:13   Link #290
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayami View Post
The same with "let's have sex" vs. "let's do "it" together" by Rin,
btw. her pose in this picture reminds me of Rizel ^^

Less vulgar = win (in my book)
That's what we call text censorship
Anyway I can't help but show this one page:

Spoiler for chapter3:
If she knows about this, which is 100% obvious why not about the rest?
Also remember this is a manga, there's been flying peoples, magicians and such in mangas, so why not that too?
Old 2007-06-18, 23:59   Link #291
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
I feel bad buying the manga because it's meant to be read and all I can do is to put it on a bookshelf (and I don't have any visitors/friends in RL either)
In this digital age, the softcopies are for reading while the hardcopies are for collecting. You will not want to read the material over teabreak and accidentally spilled your drink on the book you have bought with your hardearn cash, right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa
Though I don't care to read anymore of the Kodomo no Jikan manga, I do want to know what happens...
Of course Watashiya is aware that people will get bored with Kokonoe's antics, that included Aoki as well. That's why :-

Spoiler:

Quote:
....How do you translate "ecchi" ? Since "ecchi" does not exactly means "straight sex" today in Japan. It's a board term that comes to mean any sexual related matters today.

So I just opt to just interpret it as "it" and let the readers decide.
Old 2007-06-19, 00:09   Link #292
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
....How do you translate "ecchi" ? Since "ecchi" does not exactly means "straight sex" today in Japan. It's a board term that comes to mean any sexual related matters today.

So I just opt to just interpret it as "it" and let the readers decide.
Well don't forget that picture I posted either, what she says afterward has 90% chances of being related to that
There's also this:
Spoiler for chapter 18 (well not much a spoiler, but still a tiny bit anyway and it helps to not break the frames^^):
Seriously it would be rather stupid to translate it another way.
Old 2007-06-19, 00:11   Link #293
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That image is another example of "there's more than one way to translate" depending on the elegance or crassness you think the character is projecting. In that case, Rin is using the same tricks she used to make the last teacher have a nervous breakdown. Shocking behavior and pranks to just dominate and control the situation. The guy is a saint trying to work with her, most teachers would have her out of the class just to save their own sanity and career....

sidenote: "ecchi" is almost meaningless anymore (like "fanservice") ... it doesn't mean what too many users of it think it means and so the meaning shifts and is diluted. Word devolution.
Old 2007-06-19, 00:12   Link #294
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
(plus let's do it is lame imo, it doesn't even translate anymore what it's supposed to mean anymore really as it could be interpreted as anything even non sexual-related)
Hence why I enclose the it with 2 " to get a greater understanding.
Old 2007-06-19, 00:21   Link #295
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Seems pretty clear to me and is pretty common usage ..... and is certainly an acceptable translation.
Old 2007-06-19, 00:30   Link #296
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Seems pretty clear to me and is pretty common usage ..... and is certainly an acceptable translation.
This is an answer to my edit right?
What I meant is that would I don't think given this very situation she could mean anything but sex which leads me to thinking even more that's what she was always talking about to begin with (and which is why the teacher freak out at it)
Old 2007-06-19, 02:48   Link #297
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Correct, she's always pranking the teacher with come-ons and sexual advances. The questions and mystery at this point is does she really mean what she says or is she just skewering Aoki for the purposes of either teasing him mercilessly or to drive him to a breakdown as she did the previous teacher? She obviously means sex, the only question in the translation is how should one translate that given her purpose and intentions and how might someone actually say those things in English.

If I walk up to a woman, its possible I could tell her
1) She's got great boobs.
2) The way she moves makes my brain seize up.
3) I'd like to lay her down and find out what kind of noises she makes.

In one level of english, that might all be communicated with
"That dress makes you look very nice."

So... that's a kind of the art of translation. As has been stated previously, in that first image Rin's kanji quite literally is rather ambiguous -- idiomatically though, its an ultimate come-hither that can be translated several ways depending on the coarseness of speech that the translator interprets the situation as calling for.

Examples of this sort of thing could include "I want you to have sex with me." (or other variations I won't list)
vs "Lets make love." or "I want you to do "it" with me."
The last two.... the former doesn't fit well with the character at this point but the latter just seems to be less clinical and more mysterious (and young girl giggly). Its a judgement call, obviously.
Old 2007-06-19, 03:09   Link #298
Hayami
lonely soul

Quote:
Who is "we"?

Quote:
Anyway I can't help but show this one page:

Spoiler for chapter3:
If she knows about this, which is 100% obvious why not about the rest?
Nice example... except I was talking about Kuro, not Rin.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hayami; 2007-06-19 at 03:28.
Hayami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 03:28   Link #299
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Who is "we"?
I'm talking in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayami
Nice example... except I was talking about Kuro, not Rin.
Well if Rin knows, why not Kuro either?
The only girl that seems quite normal is Usa so far (if you forget the last part of chapter 19 that is^^)

Of course it is obvious Kuro way of talking is not the same as Rin, but she probably at least knows a bit about some stuffs since she's been with Rin for so long.
Either way I don't see why you care so much about that and personally I find Kuro overrated, Rin is superior to her in probably almost every aspect^^ (and no I don't like the yuri behaviour, yuri is overated! )

Oh and please, stop the 'flamming this flamming that', I never flammed you in my post to begin with and you're well known to be always the first one to flam peoples and make topic get locked.

Last edited by Thany; 2007-06-19 at 03:57.
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 04:15   Link #300
Hayami
lonely soul

Quote:
I'm talking in general.
Unless it's something obvious like "we know that the Earch is not flat" or "we can't prove that God exists" by saying "we" you imply some kind of support that doesn't exist. Don't tell me you didn't realize that your statement is controversial.

What's your problem anyway? I just explained why I liked Makube's translation. Don't like it? Read SaHa's version or the raws if you can.

Quote:
Oh and please, stop the 'flamming this flamming that', I never flammed you in my post to begin with and you're well known to be always the first one to flam peoples and make topic get locked.
Look who's talking

You didn't flame, eh? You quote me and say "That's what we call text censorship". Thus you imply that I support censorship of the artists' work.

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen