AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 15:41   Link #121
Vmem

@ Aphrah

I think at the end of the day, the author agrees with your theory

however, to me, I find that a direct connection between SAO and AW would be very interesting. But many LN readers seem to believe that the two worlds are better kept separate
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 20:58   Link #122
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmem View Post
at the end of the day, we can only speculate
I think this is intentional for the sole reason that the author wants to keep the theories coming...
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 22:46   Link #123
Vmem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I think this is intentional for the sole reason that the author wants to keep the theories coming...
Think he'll ever use these theories?

to be honest I don't see the author planning KYH as Kirito/asuna's child... whether he can be convinced to like the idea's another story :P (same goes for all the other theories floating around)
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 02:23   Link #124
n120cky

Maybe there is a connection between but the author just doesn't realize it yet.
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 03:36   Link #125
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I doubt that, or rather, I hope the author isn't doing that intentionally.
Spoiler for comparation to another author:
Old 2012-10-14, 05:14   Link #126
Divini
Senpai!

Ep. 15 made me somehow think Sugou and Nomi are related.

Look at them evilly licking their lips! It's like exactly the same way. It's inherited I tell you...
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 05:43   Link #127
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Ep. 15 made me somehow think Sugou and Nomi are related.

Look at them evilly licking their lips! It's like exactly the same way. It's inherited I tell you...
But they're not related by surname....

Here's an idea:
Sugou has a sister, who married the father of Noumi.
Old 2012-10-20, 19:25   Link #128
kodu

http://i.imgur.com/YFOvs.png my perdiction: accel world protaganist doesn't seem to have a father. The creator of sao "the game not anime" would have been put in jail. No father = his dad. or SAO is the early version of unlimited burst and 1 second is like 3 days. And when everyone logged in it started one game session making it if they die they are logged out and can't go back into that session. So let's say its been a couple years in SAO time but only like 30 min in real time. Just my prediction. Even if this comes to pass omg is it horrible to do this. 12 years in a game changes the mind. He'll still probably be jailed. And still be accel worlds protaganist father...lol idk just rambling. As for kuroyuki bein in the hospital. I think her parents would have jobs to pay the bills and not be there all the time. So one instance of them not being there the w dat can't disprove her being their daughter.
kodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 19:26   Link #129
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodu View Post
http://i.imgur.com/YFOvs.png my perdiction: accel world protaganist doesn't seem to have a father. The creator of sao "the game not anime" would have been put in jail. No father = his dad. or SAO is the early version of unlimited burst and 1 second is like 3 days. And when everyone logged in it started one game session making it if they die they are logged out and can't go back into that session. So let's say its been a couple years in SAO time but only like 30 min in real time. Just my prediction. Even if this comes to pass omg is it horrible to do this. 12 years in a game changes the mind. He'll still probably be jailed. And still be accel worlds protaganist father...lol idk just rambling. As for kuroyuki bein in the hospital. I think her parents would have jobs to pay the bills and not be there all the time. So one instance of them not being there the w dat can't disprove her being their daughter.
Did you read the last page or two at all before making this post?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 19:37   Link #130
kodu

Sorry I'm on a phone it only showd like 4 pages sorry ill look at the last few pages later...when I posted it directed me to the last page so I noticed a couple more pages srry bout that
Old 2012-10-20, 19:47   Link #131
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Did you read the last page or two at all before making this post?
Obviously not, but a good try nevertheless
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 20:51   Link #132
kodu

Ok I read them any thoughts on my unlimited burst/sao theory. And the creator being protagonist. Of aw father? Also. Protagonist's best friend acts a lot like asuna and kirito as well as his looks he's also a swordsman ... just thought of that it could. Be that side characters. Make the two relate
Old 2012-10-20, 21:29   Link #133
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Regards SAO and AW, a couple of guys and I were talking on OCT and we came up with this sorta theory: AW is in an alternate universe from SAO, with the point of divergence being SAO itself.

In SAO timeline proper (SAOTL), SAO the game is a death game. Our theory is that in AWTL, SAO was just a normal game and a normal VRMMO, though Kayaba did troll players by forcing the gender restriction and playing as Heathcliff, right up till they got to the final boss dungeon and he walks to the center and says, "Congratulations, everyone. Allow me to reintroduce myself. I am Kayaba Akihiko, and I am the final boss."

Cue facepalms, shock, and Asuna and Kirito taking him down together.

... and that's really all we kinda had. *shrug*

But I'm pretty sure KYH's parents aren't Kirito and Asuna, because it's stated that she's not really on speaking terms with them, and they didn't come and see her in the hospital. Kirito and Asuna are not the kind of people who would do that to their children.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 03:51   Link #134
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Regards SAO and AW, a couple of guys and I were talking on OCT and we came up with this sorta theory: AW is in an alternate universe from SAO, with the point of divergence being SAO itself.

In SAO timeline proper (SAOTL), SAO the game is a death game. Our theory is that in AWTL, SAO was just a normal game and a normal VRMMO, though Kayaba did troll players by forcing the gender restriction and playing as Heathcliff, right up till they got to the final boss dungeon and he walks to the center and says, "Congratulations, everyone. Allow me to reintroduce myself. I am Kayaba Akihiko, and I am the final boss."

Cue facepalms, shock, and Asuna and Kirito taking him down together.

... and that's really all we kinda had. *shrug*

But I'm pretty sure KYH's parents aren't Kirito and Asuna, because it's stated that she's not really on speaking terms with them, and they didn't come and see her in the hospital. Kirito and Asuna are not the kind of people who would do that to their children.
You know... if SAO wasn't created like it is... ALO wouldn't happen... GGO wouldn't happen... and UW wouldn't happen.
Old 2012-10-26, 22:10   Link #135
invokion
Accelerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Just read a review for AW and SAO from Kotaku by the same guy and it brought up an old point I can't help but continue to revisit, and that is that I'll never understand why when it comes to comparisons between SAO and AW in retrospectives how Accel World regularly gets lambasted and relegated for having a weaker second half (god forbid if that's it's greatest shortcoming) than the first while Sword Art Online more or less gets away with having some extremely weak and poorly fit in side story based episodes strewn throughout it's run so far and yet it's held up at the moment as this amazing, masterful, smart, thoughtful and sharply adapted anime that's at the tip top of it's game, while it's IMO glaring if non-fatal issues are just conveniently overlooked for the most part by pundits. Not trying to hate on SAO here but to me it's problems as an anime adaptation and overall story are regularly way more glaring and problematic to my enjoyment of it than AW's yet AW's comparatively meagre shortcomings get held against it that much more wherever I go. Is hype really that powerful a tool for overcoming harsher criticism cause that's what this continues to look like here to me?

Honestly the biggest issue with the Noumi arc the way I saw it was that it spans 2 novels and is drawn out in comparison to the prior two which lasted one novel a piece since it's supposed to be the first major expansion of the scope of the story. It's unfortunate that the manner in which they were adapting the show had to result in the Noumi arc taking up the entire second cour and that that was the one it ended it's run on. Really what is held to be AW's greatest weakness is a direct result of it being too faithful and dedicated an adaptation, while to me SAO has the opposite approach. Just get through things as fast as possible and try to cover as much novel content as can be covered in 25 episodes and only really bring out the top notch direction, pacing and writing for the most popular and key parts of the novel. Also notable is that when Accel World had it's first side story arc I didn't even know it and was shocked to find out that Aqua Current was from volume 10, whereas every time SAO enters a side story arc I know it within the first 10 minutes of an episode just based on how much more lackluster the script and pacing comes across.

Again not trying to hate on SAO, but I'm growing tired of seeing AW compared unfavourably to SAO in aspects where I think it actually does way better when you step back to really examine things as they actually are in the adaptation without the hype goggles on. It's really not that justifiable.
This post was a while back, but I felt a great need to respond. I completely agree with you. I started watching SAO, i was really excited to see how it was going to go cos there had been good reviews, however, after the early episodes it seriously started going down hill. Pacing was absolutely awful, story skipped so many time lines, battles were lazily done - 5 seconds of action and barely emcompasses any sort of strategy, etc. The SAO story was incredibly cliche and lingered on the KiritoXAsuna fanservice far too long, and the side stories seemed empty and were too many of them. AW was done well, not overly well, but significantly better than SAO imo. Character development was huge deal for me here and i loved it, save haru sometimes taking a step back. Whereas kirito seems somewhat empty of development except for like 'noo i dont want my friends to die again' 'i love asuna and never let her go'? The complex relationships held between Chiyu/taku/haru was more in-depth and fascinating than SAO had to offer - and then the integration of their personalities into their skills/model in the accel world was really cool.

Don't get me wrong, i enjoy SAO as entertainment, but it really hasn't got much to back it up. Though i did like the current cousinXkirito concept, but should've been drawn out better.

All in all, Kuroyukihime<3
Old 2012-10-27, 10:40   Link #136
Ray
Garnet

As an avid source-material fan of both series, I felt compelled to reply..

Quote:
Originally Posted by invokion View Post
The SAO story was incredibly cliche
As are almost all stories. Just because something isn't cliche, doesn't mean that it's good. It all depends on the execution. I won't bother how commenting how cliche AW is, because if I did, I'd have to spent quite a bit of time listing everything was cliche, and most importantly, I'd have to re-visit both the anime and the light novels, which I plan on doing much later.

Quote:
and lingered on the KiritoXAsuna fanservice far too long
What you call "fanservice" is what most people call "romance", which was severely lacking in the first season of AW, much to my disappointment.

And to add to this:

Spoilers
Spoiler for Accel World, Light Novel, Volume 11
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
The complex relationships held between Chiyu/taku/haru was more in-depth and fascinating than SAO had to offer - and then the integration of their personalities into their skills/model in the accel world was really cool.
"Complex relationships"? The love triangle?

Quote:
Though i did like the current cousinXkirito concept, but should've been drawn out better.
I'm all ears.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 02:00   Link #137
novalysis

Spoiler for The only way KYH is Kirito Asu daughter can make sense:
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 04:01   Link #138
kyp275
Meh

@novalysis

No, just...no.

you're walking into "Bad Fanfic" territory there, it's not worth it, turn back towards the light!
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 05:09   Link #139
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
@novalysis

No, just...no.

you're walking into "Bad Fanfic" territory there, it's not worth it, turn back towards the light!
That's precisely the point.

That's the only way the crack theory that KYH is Kirito's daughter in the SAO continuity is possible, IMO. That theory was meant to highlight just how crazy things would need to get for the KYH is Kirito's daughter theory to work.

Last edited by novalysis; 2012-10-28 at 05:21.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 05:24   Link #140
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
That's precisely the point.

That's the only way the crack theory that KYH is Kirito's daughter in the SAO continuity is possible, IMO.
Thank you, I thought you were serious.

I wonder why people doesn't understand the implication that if KYH is Kirito's and Asuna's daughter, it will say they were bad parents. This, in return, destroys their characterization. I understand there are cases but... this is beyond stretching it.

If they are insistent of SAO-AW timeline. It would make more sense to consider
Spoiler for Likely progeny: