AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Your favorite Higurashi character Pt. 2
Maebara Keiichi 73 17.18%
Ryuguu Rena 157 36.94%
Sonozaki Mion 66 15.53%
Houjou Satoko 15 3.53%
Furude Rika 68 16.00%
Sonozaki Shion 46 10.82%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-02, 19:29   Link #41
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

This last arch has pushed me into voting for Shion
Old 2006-08-04, 16:23   Link #42
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I've not voted yet, leaning towards Mion. The real 'dere' of the two sisters
despite her sometimes evil and psychotic moments (I'll only accept that that
was Shion, my Mion would never psychotically use nails on peoples fingers!)

Heh.
Old 2006-08-04, 16:27   Link #43
K. Yamato
Sae's Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to K. Yamato
I voted Shion Ive been rooting for her since Keiichi met her at the Angel Mort. Shes cute plus she has a tomboyish attitude ;p.

-Jason-

Please visit my museum here at AnimeSuki ^^ Here
Old 2006-08-26, 00:45   Link #44
Bloodseeker

Keiichi: Like many of the characters in this show, he goes back and forth between being cool and being meh/irritating. That scene where he killed Satoko's uncle was made out of pure win, but then his stupidity during the first "chapter" and his lashing out at Shion... not so cool.

Rena: I don't get why she's so popular... her "posessed" self is cool, but it doesn't show up anywhere near often enough to really effect my opinion of her. She's normally pretty boring, and her cutegasms aren't anywhere near as cute as Kureha's. As things stand, she's the most forgetable out of the main six, IMO. If she'd kept the same constant cute-to-creepy character that she had during the first few episodes, she'd probably be my favorite behind Mion. Too bad.

Mion: My favorite Higurashi character. I dunno... I just always like the kind, energetic, playful characters, especially when they have a serious competent side to them. From what we've seen so far, Mion fits that bill perfectly. (except for when she was acting weird during the first arc...)

Satoko: She really annoyed me at first, but I kinda felt sorry for her once her backstory was revealed. She's only had one annoying moment since... She's alright.

Rika: Adorable. She even gives Rico from Gunslinger Girl and Shinobu from Love Hina a run for their money in cuteness. (ni-pah!)

Shion: Good character turned failure. She was my favorite character behind Mion at first, and she might have even surpassed her there for a bit at the beginning of this last ark, but as soon as I realized that it was regular Shion acting on her rage out of her own free will and not some posessed/coerced Mion that had killed Rika...

Satoshi: He reminds me of Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN... and he fails almost as hard. I say almost because he stood up for Satoko.

I don't really have much to say about the rest of them, other than that most of the other semi-major characters aside from "Onibaba" are pretty likable.

Edit: And to everyone who can't decide between the twins... VOTE FOR MION! She has more votes, and we need to have at least one of the Sonozaki sisters surpass Rena!

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2006-08-26 at 01:26.
Old 2006-08-26, 03:22   Link #45
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ No one can surpass Rena
Old 2006-08-26, 04:37   Link #46
Bloodseeker

*hopes that the big influx of votes that will no doubt come once the last episode's been subbed proves npal wrong*
Old 2006-08-26, 12:04   Link #47
Keriaku
Thought Being

Seeing as the last arc is about Rena... I'm not so sure.
Old 2006-08-26, 12:42   Link #48
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku
Seeing as the last arc is about Rena... I'm not so sure.
I dunno... this last arch was all Shion; everyone used to love her, but now it seems like everyone (but me) hates her
Old 2006-08-26, 12:48   Link #49
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
I still love Shion! But I love everyone... though Mion will always be number one for me, followed by Shion. <3

Old 2006-08-26, 15:07   Link #50
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Mion is my favorite...
Voted for her because she's respectable and seems to be the nicest character in the show. Well at least form my perspective o_o
Oh yeah... She has the coolest name
^__^

Rena and Keiichi are a close second ^___^
Third is Rika. I would have placed her first but those supernatural moments of hers were she goes all freaky are too freaky for me 0__0

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai
Hmm.... I really like Keiichi alot! as a male lead, sure he beat up those girls.. but nobody.. is exactly normal.... ^^; in this anime.
Yup. Keiichi is an excellent male lead, up there with Kyon from Suzumiya Haruhi.
Old 2006-08-31, 11:30   Link #51
dragondragoon

Rena, Rena......Reason? Look at my ava......XD
Old 2006-09-05, 22:42   Link #52
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
Well, it's my policy to not vote untill I have seen a series to its end.
I know I said this earlier but now I'm going to vote anyway before they lock this one since there's talk about a new second poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Polls for favorite characters Pt. 2 will be posted once the anime ends, restricted to the major key players:

Maebara Keiichi
Ryuguu Rena
Sonozaki Mion
Houjou Satoko
Furude Rika
Sonozaki Shion
So if you still haven't voted yet go do it quick
Old 2006-09-18, 22:00   Link #53
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ryugu Rena wins first place with her kawaii 'kana? kana?' with a dash of her 'gomenasai! X1000' and a whole smattering of 'Usoda! Usoda! USODA!!!'.

Shion wins second place with her <stab> 'Dekita!!'.

Ahhh, Psycho-moe... ^_^

But to be fair, I also loved Rena when she was her sane, smart and logical self during the second and second to the last arc, as it was a nice foil to her crazy self in the other arcs.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2006-09-19, 14:29   Link #54
BakaOnna

After watching this far, I'd have to say my favorite character is Rena, followed closely by Keiichi and Rika. I feel kind of bad though, no love for Sakoto?
Old 2006-09-19, 16:47   Link #55
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
I've realised that if you rank the characters on "least deserving of a horrible death", then I think Satoko comes top. Shion, I'd imagine, comes last...
Old 2006-09-19, 20:37   Link #56
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
Mion is number one! Goodness, is that not obvious....

Everytime she does something my love for her goes up 100 points. I was right when I picked her out from all the characters in the beginning~<3

Old 2006-09-19, 23:03   Link #57
SnowfairyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch
I've realised that if you rank the characters on "least deserving of a horrible death", then I think Satoko comes top. Shion, I'd imagine, comes last...
QFT.

Satoko is still far from being my favorite character though but I definitely don't hate her like I do with Shion after that last arc . Rena is still my favorite ever since the first two arcs (this arc pushes up her favorability rating for me even further ) and I do not anticipate changing my mind by the end of the series. Rika would be in second place due to her overall cuteness/mysteriousness and episode 20. I like Keiichi and Mion a lot too, although I didn't particularly like the way he acted in the last arc either and my admiration for him dipped a bit . I'm liking him again in this arc though. Overall, I'd say that I really love the cast of Higurashi. They're easily amongst my favorites out of all the anime I've watched.
Old 2006-09-20, 00:52   Link #58
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

It is quite unfortunate that the anime does not get into Minagoroshi or Matsuribayashi - Shion would've been much more popular if people could see how much she COULD care towards her friends.
Old 2006-09-20, 01:09   Link #59
sagematt
Magician of Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
It is quite unfortunate that the anime does not get into Minagoroshi or Matsuribayashi - Shion would've been much more popular if people could see how much she COULD care towards her friends.
Wasn't Shion on 6th place on the popularity poll done after Minagoroshi anyways?

At least she's on 4th place on this poll... even if it is for the wrong reasons
Old 2006-09-20, 11:17   Link #60
LostBlue
祭囃子

heh, If they did Minagoroshi & Matsuribayashi, I think people will be having problems deciding which Sonozaki they like better: Mion, Shion, or Akane.

Seriously, MILF Moe~ +++ I love all her encounters with Oishi.
She's definitly their mother
Closed Thread