AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-27, 15:18   Link #141
Fat Cat Lim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
...and there were apparently some noises added to the baby-confirmation scene.
Noises? Like what? Baby gurgling noises from Sekai's stomach? Kind of hard to believe if they actually were to go that far to add that.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:22   Link #142
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
According to the people who went to the special screening, the AT-X broadcast was edited heavily. In the uncut version, not only was the blood was red, there were no flashbacks during the Makoto stabbing scene (they showed a lot more of where she stabbed him), they actually showed Makoto's head in the bag, and there were apparently some noises added to the baby-confirmation scene.
Your #@)($*#)@($* around aren't you? Are you serious?
Old 2007-09-27, 15:24   Link #143
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

I think we've all learned to never cheat on a girl cause they can be psycho!

I don't think anything promotes monogamy more than this ending.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:27   Link #144
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Hmm, any anime-watching "lawyers" that could predict if Kotonoha would go to jail if caught?
(she did sort of "avenge" the victim).

I wonder if a lot of Japanese males students are wary of their GF's now....?
Old 2007-09-27, 15:31   Link #145
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Hmm, any anime-watching "lawyers" that could predict if Kotonoha would go to jail if caught?
(she did sort of "avenge" the victim).

I wonder if a lot of Japanese males students are wary of their GF's now....?
I am not a lawyer but base on what i know of Japan's legal code. Kotonoha would not go to Jail, she would be sent to a mental insititution and will be release when she is deem mentally competant.

In the US she would be tried as adult and sent to adult prison with life sentence for a double murder. Triple if they count the fetus.

In the 1980s their was a Basic Instinct
in the 2000 there is School Days

Reminder not to cheat on your gf/spouse.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:32   Link #146
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Wow...a lot....

First and foremost, to the folks who are frustrated with the folks who are disatisfied because you think people were seeking redemption, I believe this is a misconception, but this is just my opinion. I didn't expect, nor WANT, redemption. Revenge, yes, but not redemption because we silly fallable humans will continue to make mistakes all throughout life, the hope just being that we repeat the same mistakes less and less and learn.

Makoto deserved some sort of punishment for his actions (were he real I would think that his reputation would be enough, as we saw in ep 11 - sometimes in High School that's all it takes to make life a living hell...) I wouldn't have expected a happy ending for either of the two main heroines - they'd been screwed with pretty badly and had done some unsavory things as well. Their emotional scars woulda taken time - a lot of time - to heal.

Spoiler for Spoilers? At this point...:

Well, it's been fun watching and seeing everyone's thoughts as the series progresses. Time to go haunt the HiguKai forums!
Old 2007-09-27, 15:34   Link #147
changeup

A triple murder? Kotonoha only killed Sekai, and (possibly) a fetus. That counts two. Kotonoha did not kill Makoto......Sekai killed him.

To me even in the States I would say Kotonoha will more than likely get a much lighter penalty than the life one you suggested. Anyway she was just avenging... and she was not mentally stable (if not insane)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I am not a lawyer but base on what i know of Japan's legal code. Kotonoha would not go to Jail, she would be sent to a mental insititution and will be release when she is deem mentally competant.

In the US she would be tried as adult and sent to adult prison with life sentence for a double murder. Triple if they count the fetus.

In the 1980s their was a Basic Instinct
in the 2000 there is School Days

Reminder not to cheat on your gf/spouse.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:34   Link #148
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Spoiler:

--> Well, 3 more animes ended for me. This one, Darker Than Black, and Nagasarete Airantou.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-09-27, 15:34   Link #149
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
According to the people who went to the special screening, the AT-X broadcast was edited heavily. In the uncut version, not only was the blood was red, there were no flashbacks during the Makoto stabbing scene (they showed a lot more of where she stabbed him), they actually showed Makoto's head in the bag, and there were apparently some noises added to the baby-confirmation scene.
ZOMG!!! source? O.O

this is just insane insane gore FTW! all the more reason to get the DVD...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-27, 15:35   Link #150
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
A triple murder? Kotonoha only killed Sekai, and (possibly) a fetus. That counts two. Kotonoha did not kill Makoto......Sekai killed him.

To me even in the States I would say Kotonoha will more than likely get a much lighter penalty than the life one you suggested. Anyway she was just avenging... and she was not mentally stable (if not insane)...

Sorry forgot that.

But if the found Koto with Makoto's head they could mistakenly charge her with it especially if she was out of it.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:37   Link #151
CJL13
God of his own ego

If you ask me, this ending reminds me of a lot like EoE, gets the point across, but throws in an unnecessary bloodfest to satisfy the fans who wanted more action. And judging by the screening, it was worse.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-27, 15:38   Link #152
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There isn't any "avenging" excuse in the law.
Of course, there is some lessened penalty for madness, or self defense, but avenging is certainly not accepted.

Avenging someone is doing justice oneself, absolutely not the absolute justice, and therefor, bias.

on the other hand, if Sekai is proved to be pregnant, it is much much heavier than a simple homicid, as moral imbalance has big weight in the punishment for the crime, along with amount of harm.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:38   Link #153
changeup

Maybe she will go to the "Angency" and ask them to embed Makoto's flesh into her own body...

(If you watched "Claymore" you will know what I am talking about...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Spoiler:

--> Well, 3 more animes ended for me. This one, Darker Than Black, and Nagasarete Airantou.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:43   Link #154
changeup

No, I am not saying "avenging" is justified, or excused.

However, when handing out penalties against crimes, normally the judges and the juries will consider the detriments the criminal do to the society. More severe penalty will be delivered on those who was deemed to be extremely harmful to the society.

For murderers of avenging, their harm to the society should be much smaller than other murderers, because their hatred is directed to very limited persons. They will not kill other innocent people. In fact in most countries they will have less penalties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Of course, there is some lessened penalty for madness, or self defense, but avenging is certainly not accepted.

Avenging someone is doing justice oneself, absolutely not the absolute justice, and therefor, bias.

on the other hand, if Sekai is proved to be pregnant, it is much much heavier than a simple homicid.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:44   Link #155
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

on the other hand, if Sekai is proved to be pregnant, it is much much heavier than a simple homicid, as moral imbalance has big weight in the punishment for the crime, along with amount of harm.
If you ask me, it depends on who's running the country. Democrats, Mental Ward. Republicians, Death Chamber. She clearly took things too far.
Edit: That's the 3rd post in a row I've started with "If you ask me". My catch phrase?
Old 2007-09-27, 15:46   Link #156
longshot360

WOW that is all i can come up with after watching it
Old 2007-09-27, 15:48   Link #157
Chewy

Quote:
Wow. I'm surprised to say I'm actually satisfied with the edited version. I don't really need to see exactly where Sekai stabbed Makoto, nor do I need to clearly see his dismembered head. And what kind of noises are we talking about ? Baby noises ?
Old 2007-09-27, 15:54   Link #158
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Wow. I'm surprised to say I'm actually satisfied with the edited version. I don't really need to see exactly where Sekai stabbed Makoto, nor do I need to clearly see his dismembered head. And what kind of noises are we talking about ? Baby noises ?
Impossible. For the sake of the argument lets say she definetly was pregnant, there's no way a baby that early in its development would even make any noise.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:54   Link #159
changeup

The edited version is already an overkill. I think this diminish the anime a little bit, knocking it down one notch or two.

This anime could have been a retribution to all those "harem animes", a very instructive one. Too bad the final episode diluted all those things, and people will talk more about the insanity of the girls rather than the notorious behavior of the male protagonist.
Old 2007-09-27, 15:54   Link #160
defiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I dont think there would be baby noises since the fetus would be 1 to 2 months old. I thnks more of the line of Sekai trying to talk to it before dying. But this to my liking would be too much.
Closed Thread