AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-07, 00:35   Link #441
Teletha

Watched the subs. I still don't feel Alto was all the gung ho about getting Ranka back. Not that he didn't want her to come back, but he was still happy to go kill the vajra which is ignoring her wishes and feelings. There is no understanding or trust between them. He didn't even consider what she said. There is being dense, but this isn't dense. Something this important shouldn't be something he has to think about. He either believes in her or not. Judging by Ozma words at the end, he'll decide his true path but finally understanding why Ranka had to leave (if he ever does) seems to be too little too late for me.

That also makes me believe that he didn't comfort Sheryl out of pity. He might feel sorry for her, but I don't see it as pity in any way. He reacted to her pain.

Shipper wars aside, good episode. I can't wait until Leon dies already.
Old 2008-09-07, 00:41   Link #442
wolfboy
:3

Ozma's such a badass. Own that princess Alto any day.
Old 2008-09-07, 00:48   Link #443
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, i want to see a dog fight between Alto and Ozma. that would be epic. i was kind of disappointed that Alto chose that side though. and yes, this basically declares victory for Sheryl.
Old 2008-09-07, 00:51   Link #444
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well actually a pretty good episode. Can understand those who stayed behind. Luca hates the Vajra and wants to stay by Nanase. Alto made a promise to stay by Sheryl until her end. Klan its less specific. I think part is wanting to take down the Vajra as revenge. But also staying to keep an eye on the Alto and Sheryl situation. Support it as best she can. Had enough respect to salute them as they left and didn't take part in the battle as well.

SMS are now pirates . If they stuck around they would be split up and some like Ozma would be tracked down and killed by Leon. They had to get out of there and follow their own paths.

Ozma is a damn cool character. Which is probably why I'm worried about him lasting the series. Probably determined to leave us with just Alto .

Love Luca being put in his place a few times in this one. One by Sheryl with the comment about talking about someone's demise with big words. Then thinking he could actually take down Ozma and almost getting shot down. Doing a good job of making his death something to look forward to.
Old 2008-09-07, 01:02   Link #445
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

When Sheryl asked Alto to give her courage I had an image of Shishio Guy screaming in my head. The romance thread is going to (if it hasn't already) explode because of this episode.

The episode, no, Sheryl gave me some weird vibes this episode. I certainly hope she will live on for Alto's sakes, but not necessary for a Alto x Sheryl pairing even though I'm a fan of it. The scene where Alto's mom's picture was shown in the shadow would indicate that if he loses Sheryl or someone else important he'll nap.

As far as taking sides, I doubt Alto will leave Sheryl by herself. If he rejoins Quarter then that would mean he knows the truth to some extend thus leaving Sheryl with Leon makes no sense.
Old 2008-09-07, 01:15   Link #446
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
Well...

Alto's in an inferior fighter that he just piloted for the first time, he's a bit hot-headed without a clear purpose at the moment, and Ozma knows what he's doing(or so the director and story writers are telling him).

Put them both in VF-25's, and clear Alto's head a little bit, and I'd bet you that Alto would have gotten a much better hit on him. Ozma had the better shot this round, but he didn't own Alto.
Old 2008-09-07, 01:16   Link #447
golthin

Quote:
Thank you! I really don't know how people can't say that Alto was not owned by Ozma!
Also. it will take for Alto to cry about not being able to get Ranka to believe the he does want her back. HE squeezing his drink container in anger was not indicative, but to each their own. Sheryl shippers can't have Alto having any lingering feelings for Ranka because the will be betraying his love for Sheryl .
Old 2008-09-07, 01:17   Link #448
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i believe alto was in the better fighter.
Old 2008-09-07, 01:20   Link #449
Ypocaramel

I'm kind of disappointed they couldn't drag out a VF-19 for NUNS. I mean, hey, Kawamori thought the VF-19 was too hero for mooks hence the VF-171, but we've got the main character in NUNS now, no less.

That dogfight at the end was amazing, fighter wanking aside. Hopefully there'll be more of that before the end.
Old 2008-09-07, 01:22   Link #450
wolfboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Well...

Alto's in an inferior fighter that he just piloted for the first time, he's a bit hot-headed without a clear purpose at the moment, and Ozma knows what he's doing(or so the director and story writers are telling him).

Put them both in VF-25's, and clear Alto's head a little bit, and I'd bet you that Alto would have gotten a much better hit on him. Ozma had the better shot this round, but he didn't own Alto.
Maybe...but he'll still never beat him in the badass department cause you know...he's a princess. bahaha

Ozma is the kind of lead this series should have got. Too bad they opted for something else to attract bishounen fangirls.
Old 2008-09-07, 01:22   Link #451
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i believe alto was in the better fighter.
No, the vf-25 is superior to altos fighter. Remember the vf-25 is a prototype unit being tested by sms.
Old 2008-09-07, 01:24   Link #452
golthin

Quote:
Maybe...but he'll still never beat him in the badass department cause you know...he's a princess. bahaha

Ozma is the kind of lead this series should have got. Too bad they opted for something else to attract bishounen fangirls.
It is ok! We guys get more then Bishounen fangirls, we get Klan, Sheryl, Ranka, Grace, Cathy and Also a man crush on Ozma :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
No, the vf-25 is superior to altos fighter. Remember the vf-25 is a prototype unit being tested by sms.
isn't a VF-171X basicaly a VF-171 with all the new improvements from the VF-25?
Old 2008-09-07, 01:33   Link #453
Teletha

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Thank you! I really don't know how people can't say that Alto was not owned by Ozma!
Also. it will take for Alto to cry about not being able to get Ranka to believe the he does want her back. HE squeezing his drink container in anger was not indicative, but to each their own. Sheryl shippers can't have Alto having any lingering feelings for Ranka because the will be betraying his love for Sheryl .
Ozma said he had gotten better. I don't think he was owned.

He did squeeze his drink but right before he was killing the things she went to save. Then was happy about Luca saying they need to kill them again. I don't think anyone is saying he doesn't want her back, he does care for her obviously. But Sheryl is not the one keeping him away from going after her. As he is now going after her would change nothing. He hasn't changed how he thinks. His lack of understanding is pretty obvious. She told him he loved him and seemed to pick the vajra over Frontier. He didn't defend her when she was called a traitor. He can't believe in her, or question what he's doing now? I don't expect him to get over Michael's death, but he's not even hesitating to fight the vajra even after hearing what Ranka said.
Old 2008-09-07, 01:36   Link #454
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
yeah, not in touch with the tech side of macross at all...

cause ozma said "in your crudely upgraded fighter" so i assumed.
Old 2008-09-07, 01:36   Link #455
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
...SMS are now pirates .
Hence the foreshadowing Pirates of the Caribbean style music on the soundtrack the first time they launched the Quarter...

Yoko Kanno knows what she's doing...
Old 2008-09-07, 01:41   Link #456
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
yeah, not in touch with the tech side of macross at all...

cause ozma said "in your crudely upgraded fighter" so i assumed.
that's because it's a crudely upgraded fighter over the standard VF-171.

Old 2008-09-07, 01:59   Link #457
coldwarm

I can't believe I went through all the trouble just to get my account back and to comment on this episode. This episode was awesome. Also, both Alto and Ozma are badass. Why people think only Ozma is badass?

I wanna see berara & Grace vs alto & ozma

Last edited by coldwarm; 2008-09-07 at 02:12.
Old 2008-09-07, 02:20   Link #458
wolfboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwarm View Post
Also, both Alto and Ozma are badass. Why people think only Ozma is badass?
Because Ozma rickrolled everyone and survived a crapload of death flags in one episode.

As for Alto?
http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mf0402sq1.jpg
Old 2008-09-07, 02:20   Link #459
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
The episode 25 thread there is going to be hilarious.
I'm more inclined to think "Ranka will charge in to save Alto, or pull off a Macross Zero rescue" than "Alto charges into the Vajra hive, takes Ranka away from Brera, then nukes Grace". At the moment, Alto's gameplan seems to be more "charge into the Vajra hive, nuke everyone there including Ranka if she's foolish enough to stick around defending the Vajra, get out".

At this stage, Alto's had his chance to go rescue (or join) Ranka... and he chose to stay on the side where he could continue to kill Vajra. He doesn't trust Ranka's motives, doesn't believe Ranka's correct, and certainly doesn't think Ranka's a very smart girl for running off to join the Vajra. Otherwise he could've jumped ship, as it were, to join the rest of SMS.

Quote:
Because Ozma rickrolled everyone and survived a crapload of death flags in one episode.

As for Alto?
http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mf0402sq1.jpg
You forgot that Alto's lost every fight he had with Brera as far as hand to hand goes, got man-handled by Mikhail AND Canaria... and also got knocked down by Ai-kun before he grew big.

Ozma, on the other hand, fought Brera to a draw in 17. Between that and the 'have his pineapple cake and eat it, and stealing Cathy away from Leon' activities, he's earned his Badass.
Old 2008-09-07, 02:29   Link #460
coldwarm

Bah, Alto is improving. By the end of the series, he will be one of the top dogs.
Closed Thread