AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-01-09, 03:46   Link #721
tsunade666

I recognized it immediately because dere Houki reminds me of dere Shiino. Specially when Shiino is getting shy.
Old 2011-01-09, 06:53   Link #722
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Man I am confused, I'm going to need a good summation on this episode before I can get it through my skull.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 12:15   Link #723
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But the girls really lack ..... how to put it shame? or something or maybe they are not use to guys. It's just that in the scene when houki rains wooden blade works on ichika forcing him to run outside. The girls are all in their PJ or at least getting ready to sleep with .... what lack of clothes -_- or that's just for fan service stuff.
I wouldn't say that implies lack of shame or anything - neither of them were dressed in an exposing manner, and even if one or two were in pajamas/nightgowns, it isn't that much of a big deal. Anime as a whole tends to exaggerate a whole lot, to the point where we almost take these exaggerations as the norm, but in reality you would be quite hard pressed to find someone who would actually flip out about this. It's Houki who is overreacting, not the other girls under-reacting - a sleeveless shirt and shorts isn't exactly an overly revealing outfit, which is what most of them were wearing.
Old 2011-01-09, 12:22   Link #724
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I enjoyed that. Sure, it's a mass of cliches, but they are put together well, and I enjoy the characters. I also like the way they stop before taking the situations too far. The characters are not stupid caricatures, just caricatures.

As you can see from my avatar and sig, I am right there for Hikasa Youko, and she did not disappoint. Neither did Yukana as the hoity-toit blonde Englishwoman. Or Toyoguchi Megumi as the teacher/big sister. Seems like quality to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 13:20   Link #725
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I wouldn't say that implies lack of shame or anything - neither of them were dressed in an exposing manner, and even if one or two were in pajamas/nightgowns, it isn't that much of a big deal. Anime as a whole tends to exaggerate a whole lot, to the point where we almost take these exaggerations as the norm, but in reality you would be quite hard pressed to find someone who would actually flip out about this. It's Houki who is overreacting, not the other girls under-reacting - a sleeveless shirt and shorts isn't exactly an overly revealing outfit, which is what most of them were wearing.
And the fanservice is relatively tame. Minus the subtle gainaxing here and there and the straight off the book fanservice shots (Cecilia shower scene next episode)

Guess who gets the first post series launch color pic of being in an IS on pixiv?

Spoiler for Image size:
Old 2011-01-09, 14:47   Link #726
Shyne

Going to have to see a little more on this series but it looks good so far.

Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 21:23   Link #727
Penpa

Watched the 1st episode and so far it is very good. Hopefully it last longer then 12 episode if goes to 26 or more I still be happy watching it. And it would be even better if it can out on dvd or bd media.
Penpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 21:33   Link #728
mikoo
Banned

Spoiler for pick your poison:
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 21:39   Link #729
Penpa

Don't know if this the place to ask but will we ever the Manga coming to the US shores???
Penpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 22:46   Link #730
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post
enough to start a war?
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 22:48   Link #731
Spartanz1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
enough to start a war?
France is gonna surrender I just know it xD
Spartanz1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 22:59   Link #732
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
I go with eye-patch girl!
I wonder, does she hide some kind of power behind it? or, is just for show/style?
'cause OP makes it look like her eye is kind of special...
Old 2011-01-09, 22:59   Link #733
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanz1170 View Post
France is gonna surrender I just know it xD
Wonder if at some point France is going to be out flanked by the German.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I go with eye-patch girl!
I wonder, does she hide some kind of power behind it? or, is just for show/style?
'cause OP makes it look like her eye is kind of special...
You mean this shot?

Maybe she exhibit significant amount of quantum brainwave and is a Innovator of The IS universe perhaps lol...
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 23:17   Link #734
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I enjoyed that. Sure, it's a mass of cliches, but they are put together well, and I enjoy the characters. I also like the way they stop before taking the situations too far. The characters are not stupid caricatures, just caricatures.

As you can see from my avatar and sig, I am right there for Hikasa Youko, and she did not disappoint. Neither did Yukana as the hoity-toit blonde Englishwoman. Or Toyoguchi Megumi as the teacher/big sister. Seems like quality to me.
same here for Hikasa Youko. awesome vocals she has. your sig has a mix of first names, last names, and fullnames?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 23:22   Link #735
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Ugh, tough choice between Japan or Germany...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 23:26   Link #736
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
You mean this shot?

Maybe she exhibit significant amount of quantum brainwave and is a Innovator of The IS universe perhaps lol...
lmao... this made my day!
well, I only ask that, because eye-patched/heterochromatic eyes girls are by far my fav. anime fetish.

as long as she will unpatch herself sometimes, then I'm perfectly fine with it. "Innovator" or not... hahahaha...
Old 2011-01-09, 23:43   Link #737
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
THIS is enough to start a world war... well Houki has an advantage... with Ichika being a NATURAL JAPANESE and all...

so... this is like hetalia in a way... lol...

i will lol if someone there goes yandere...
Old 2011-01-09, 23:54   Link #738
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, I think this won't be too much off-the-mark. I mean, the harem is obvious, the black and white morality is also seems likely because we don't see any grey character so far (or at least, definitely not Ichika and the girls, although that may change later, who knows) and the shamelessly nationalistic....so far we already have the world's strongest military weapon built by a Japanese, a champion user is a Japanese, the best IS academy is also in Japan. Well, all that may be related after all, coming from the first factor, and at least they try to have a diverse cast/haremettes from multiple nations, let's just hope they won't get stereotyped too much.
I haven't seen evidence of this being true so far. Maybe there are characters that have yet to be introduced but if this show is anything like most anime of its calibre, it's supposedly international school will consist mostly of Japanese and one person from the three most popular European countries. Already they're playing to the pompous, casually nationalist Englishwoman stereotype so I'm not hoping for much.

Quote:
Heh, what's funny is that I was so close without even clicking that spoiler.

Last edited by hoarfrost; 2011-01-10 at 00:13.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 00:02   Link #739
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Gotta love variety . Personally I'm a bit on the fence between China and Britain. But can't say anything until we have all the characters introduced.

Gotta love all the puns that can be made at the expense of France .
Old 2011-01-10, 01:29   Link #740
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
China and Japan
I don't know a couple of the flags................................... (´・ω・`)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist