AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-02, 14:12   Link #421
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Spoiler for MC vs Yotsuba again!:
Old 2012-04-02, 14:20   Link #422
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Spoiler for MC vs Yotsuba again!:
This was briefly explained by the mother to Miyuki.
Spoiler for explanation:
Old 2012-04-02, 14:24   Link #423
Richocet
Lover of Purity

But I thought that they explained magic through the means of science (that it basically is just science), and there is nothing new created from scratch but what already exists its altered. Or am I thinking of another series???
Old 2012-04-02, 14:28   Link #424
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
But I thought that they explained magic through the means of science (that it basically is just science), and there is nothing new created from scratch but what already exists its altered. Or am I thinking of another series???
Not sure, I'm just reiterating what's written. Tatsuya did say that of the magicians in the world, 4/5th of them can only work with what already exists (Tatsuya is technically in this group). These magicians usually work with CADs and other basic support work. The other 1/5th are magicians who can create new things. The likes of Mayumi is able to shoot out accurate and strong pysons. Jumonji is able to create an barrier. Miyuki is able to create an Inferno. Honoka is able to create light.
Old 2012-04-02, 14:28   Link #425
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
This was briefly explained by the mother to Miyuki.
Spoiler for explanation:
Thanks whsie!

The reason is quite something though. Tatsuya kind of remind me of The God's Right Seat from TAMNI where they have the power of god and is extremely powerful yet because of that they can't use normal magic. Or how Espers can't use magic since they'll suffer rejection and receive fatal injury from within.
Old 2012-04-02, 14:35   Link #426
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Not sure, I'm just reiterating what's written. Tatsuya did say that of the magicians in the world, 4/5th of them can only work with what already exists (Tatsuya is technically in this group). These magicians usually work with CADs and other basic support work. The other 1/5th are magicians who can create new things. The likes of Mayumi is able to shoot out accurate and strong pysons. Jumonji is able to create an barrier. Miyuki is able to create an Inferno. Honoka is able to create light.
Hmm...I thought it was said that Miyuki's ability was explained due to her magic working at the microscopic level, that she froze things by basically stopping the motion of electrons and atoms as a whole...
I'm really thinking of another series, aren't I
Which reminds me as of the latest web arc, do you know which year is Tatsuya currently in
Old 2012-04-02, 14:37   Link #427
whsie

Quote:
Hmm...I thought it was said that Miyuki's ability was explained due to her magic working at the microscopic level, that she froze things by basically stopping the motion of electrons and atoms as a whole...
I'm really thinking of another series, aren't I
Which reminds me as of the latest web arc, do you know which year is Tatsuya currently in
Miyuki can do that. As a matter of fact, that's her natural ability. I personally call it spirit freeze though someone may have a better translation. She can "freeze" the spirit of a person. It's considered in the "spirit interference" category, which is what her mother specializes in.

He's still in 1st year. The novel is supposed to stretch 3 years, but as of web 6, we're still in year 1.
Old 2012-04-02, 14:42   Link #428
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Is it kinda like the fullbringers from Bleach, you know how they pull spirits out from any and every object??
But still that does seem like a good ability to have, but are there things in which she can't apply spirit freeze on?
Old 2012-04-02, 14:46   Link #429
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wonder if we'll see someone with überhax ability like time-manipulation, teleportation, create black hole, create life from inanimate object, things that are impossible to do.

If anyone thinks teleportation is an ability that sounds normal, think again! It's practically impossible to teleport anything because the energy require to break down object, transfer them to another place and reassembling them again is far more than the energy the sun can provide. Also, teleport human meaning that we have to teleport any organisms living inside us, like bacteria and parasites, and there are over billion of bacterias in our intestines.

Spoiler for Miyuki's ability:
Old 2012-04-02, 14:50   Link #430
whsie

Quote:
Is it kinda like the fullbringers from Bleach, you know how they pull spirits out from any and every object??
But still that does seem like a good ability to have, but are there things in which she can't apply spirit freeze on?
Spoiler for a part of web 4:
Old 2012-04-02, 15:06   Link #431
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Spoiler for a part of web 4:
Spoiler for ...:

Last edited by Richocet; 2012-04-02 at 15:19.
Old 2012-04-02, 17:02   Link #432
Seitsuki
Onee!

For what it's worth, that also marked the point when she stops calling him Nii san and starts calling him Onii sama.

wipes nosebleed
Old 2012-04-02, 17:25   Link #433
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Ahh so it was in the past arc when she was dying...I'm guessing he healed her after that then
Old 2012-04-03, 04:53   Link #434
deathcoy

Well that cleared things up a lot... So the mom is dead and her twin is running the Family. How about his dad? Whats he doing now? Is he remarried to the Head?

Oh man, all this Aunt thingy... always had an aunt fetish, maybe it might turn out the aunt is actually protecting tatsuya indirectly/secretly, from the people manipulating the Family, by playing the bad guy... like she always had a soft spot for Tatsuya due to being abandoned by his parents but circumstances forced her to be evil...
Old 2012-04-03, 08:25   Link #435
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcoy View Post
Well that cleared things up a lot... So the mom is dead and her twin is running the Family. How about his dad? Whats he doing now? Is he remarried to the Head?

Oh man, all this Aunt thingy... always had an aunt fetish, maybe it might turn out the aunt is actually protecting tatsuya indirectly/secretly, from the people manipulating the Family, by playing the bad guy... like she always had a soft spot for Tatsuya due to being abandoned by his parents but circumstances forced her to be evil...
The Aunt has always been the family head (Yotsuba Mayo)
Her sister is Tatsuya and Miyuki's birth mother (Yotsuba Maya, I believe)
The siblings' father is president of FLT, the leading Specialized CAD manufacturer
Other than the siblings, there's no oddly intimate relationships I'm aware of.
Old 2012-04-03, 09:35   Link #436
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
I wonder if we'll see someone with überhax ability like time-manipulation, teleportation, create black hole, create life from inanimate object, things that are impossible to do.

If anyone thinks teleportation is an ability that sounds normal, think again! It's practically impossible to teleport anything because the energy require to break down object, transfer them to another place and reassembling them again is far more than the energy the sun can provide. Also, teleport human meaning that we have to teleport any organisms living inside us, like bacteria and parasites, and there are over billion of bacterias in our intestines.

Spoiler for Miyuki's ability:
We still have more than a lot War-Class Magicians to be revealed. It won't be strange if there is one of them who could do teleportation. And black-hole does sounds interesting.

Btw, since when do we stop using spoiler tags?
Old 2012-04-03, 09:42   Link #437
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

I think, I've read the spoiler that Tatsuya's cousin has a feeling for him. Is that true? If true, that mean not all Yotsuba family are asshole.
Old 2012-04-03, 09:58   Link #438
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
We still have more than a lot War-Class Magicians to be revealed. It won't be strange if there is one of them who could do teleportation. And black-hole does sounds interesting.

Btw, since when do we stop using spoiler tags?
Teleportation should be a really hax ability. The user can just pop out of nowhere and assassinate the target. And if he can teleport other things too then he can just teleport an activated a-bomb to anywhere he wants.

I think most of us if not everyone comes to this thread for the sake of spoiler, not really discussion. I don't really think spoiler tag is needed, it's just for the sake of not getting bashed at or mod.
Old 2012-04-03, 10:37   Link #439
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Teleportation should be a really hax ability. The user can just pop out of nowhere and assassinate the target. And if he can teleport other things too then he can just teleport an activated a-bomb to anywhere he wants.

I think most of us if not everyone comes to this thread for the sake of spoiler, not really discussion. I don't really think spoiler tag is needed, it's just for the sake of not getting bashed at or mod.
Well, we're talking about an "if" situation. There could be some restrictions to the teleportation ability, like maximum distance or how much he could teleport or something.

And yes, the user could be a world-class assassin, but hey, isn't war-class magicians are all like that? Heck, even combat class could destroy a platoon. They could do more than a mere assassination.

It's true though. Most if not all of us came here to read some spoilers so probably all us already know about the spoilers that are already out. It's just a proper manner to use it, spoiler tag that is.
Old 2012-04-03, 12:44   Link #440
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
I think, I've read the spoiler that Tatsuya's cousin has a feeling for him. Is that true? If true, that mean not all Yotsuba family are asshole.
Yeah whise metioned it here

Quote:
Among the girls who have shown feelings,
Spoiler for girls who like Tatsuya:
I think it was also said that the cousins were overlooked in favor of Miyuki for the position of clan head
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings