AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-29, 02:57   Link #401
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Wow Akari's votes were actually legit. Sh*t Just Got Real.

So the First Preliminaries come to a close and we now have some sort of idea who to watch out for and which characters can defeat the SAKI SPAM. They're about to beat the Saimoe record of most number of girls and there's still Prelim 2.

Akari VS. Toki for finals? It's like disappearance VS. Time Manipulation.
Old 2012-07-29, 03:29   Link #402
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Akari VS. Toki for finals? It's like disappearance VS. Time Manipulation.
If Akarin makes the final, I'll shave my pubic hair. And I'm serious.
Old 2012-07-29, 04:46   Link #403
seemmeriast

I just noticed that all of 2009's top 8 have returned this year. This is just the second time we have all top 8 from any previous year, after in 2006 when all of 2005's top 8 had returned. (only if we count characters from My-HiME and My-Otome as the same ones.)

More stats:
This year, 19 characters have been in top 8 at least once. Five of them (Shana, Nagi, Louise, Nodoka, Koromo) have been twice. If any of those five makes it again this year, she will be the first character in Saimoe history to reach top 8 three times.
Old 2012-07-29, 05:54   Link #404
JW1

The results seem to have stratified a bit. There's an elite group with 325+ votes, it's a fair bet the overall winner will come from here. Then there's a gap to a hopeful group each with about 250-300 votes, who presumably might have a chance with a bit of luck. Then there's a gap to the also-rans with 232 or fewer votes; I'm guessing a miracle is required for these girls.

Saki has 5 elites
K-ON! has 2
YuruYuri has 2 (Akari is actually in a group of her own being 22 votes ahead of her nearest rival, rather fitting I suppose).

Total 9 elite members.

Saki has 6 hopefuls
K-ON! has 2
Haganai has 2
Nyaruko has 2

The other series in this group have only only one representative each. Total 23 hopefuls.
Old 2012-07-29, 07:04   Link #405
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
The results seem to have stratified a bit. There's an elite group with 325+ votes, it's a fair bet the overall winner will come from here. Then there's a gap to a hopeful group each with about 250-300 votes, who presumably might have a chance with a bit of luck. Then there's a gap to the also-rans with 232 or fewer votes; I'm guessing a miracle is required for these girls.
Vote total doesn't really mean THAT much sometimes. Competitive group tend to have 100+ more votes compare to less competitive one.

And this is AST, there's absolutely no guarantee where the overall winner comes from
Old 2012-07-29, 08:38   Link #406
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Some of those Saki characters that made the 13th-18th range may have been pulled up by a strong Saki character. After all, half the groups had a Saki character strong enough to take (or tie) for first place. They won't have that benefit in second preliminaries although each second preliminary group does have numerous Saki characters.
There are about ~2-3 Saki characters that have an actual shot for the crown (actually it's just Toki). The rest will merely be cannon fodder against other high-tier contenders.
Old 2012-07-29, 09:22   Link #407
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
There are about ~2-3 Saki characters that have an actual shot for the crown (actually it's just Toki). The rest will merely be cannon fodder against other high-tier contenders.
New girl wise, I would say it's something like Toki > Kuro > Subara Kirame ~= Ryuuka ~= Yuu > Arata ~= Ako ~= Shizuno > Teru. Rest are fodders.
Old girl wise, Nodoka ~= Kodomo Koromo > Captain ~= Momo > Buchou ~= Tacos ~= Ikeda ~= Saki. Rest are fodder...

Even that left 17 girls that are not fodder. Yep, Saki is THAT scary...I would say Toki, Kuro, Nodoka all have actual shots. Knowing this is AST, though, stranger things had happen before, and we may see a 2nd/3rd tier Saki girl (let say, Kirame) sneak into QF instead of the top guns. Of course, depends on grouping, we may see an all-Saki QF (Okay, doubt it since assassinations will prevent that).

Anyway, 1st group of Prelim, part deux.
<<灰原哀@名探偵コナン シリーズ>>
<<永水女子の黒髪を首元で2つに括った選手(神代小蒔)@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<二条泉@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<森垣友香@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<織田莱香(らいか)@パパのいうことを聞きなさい!>>
<<水上麻衣@日常>>
<<永塚紗季@ロウきゅーぶ!>>
<<三日月夜空@僕は友達が少ない>>
<<姫路瑞希@バカとテストと召喚獣 にっ!>>
<<チアキ・クリハラ@モーレツ宇宙海賊>>
<<シエスタ@ゼロの使い魔F>>
<<上月由仁子(ニコ/スカーレット・レイン)@アクセル・ワールド>>

Heavily supporting Nico and Kuroneko Chiaki. Also hope Haibara makes it, the record needs to continue.

EDIT: Seems like they relax the foreign voting restriction. Finally able to get a code for once, just hopefully people don't abused it (There's a reason why they restrict foreign IP in the first place...)

Last edited by ion475; 2012-07-29 at 10:00.
Old 2012-07-29, 12:39   Link #408
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I wouldn't say no chance. While non-Toki Saki characters likely have little chance at beating Toki, if Toki gets sniped other Saki character can step up to fill her spot. It's sort of like Homura and the Puella Magi last year. Legit or not, Homura got taken out. However, it didn't even make a dent in the Puella Magi's chances of winning since the other 4 Puella Magi were also stronger than everyone else. Saki characters won't be as dominant. But I think Kuro, Nodoka and Ryuuka have at least a chance at beating anyone else.

Edit:
My Top 12 for Preliminary 2-1:
Spoiler for Preliminary 2-1:
Old 2012-07-29, 13:08   Link #409
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Even that left 17 girls that are not fodder. Yep, Saki is THAT scary...I would say Toki, Kuro, Nodoka all have actual shots. Knowing this is AST, though, stranger things had happen before, and we may see a 2nd/3rd tier Saki girl (let say, Kirame) sneak into QF instead of the top guns. Of course, depends on grouping, we may see an all-Saki QF (Okay, doubt it since assassinations will prevent that).
I agree with assassinations preventing an all Saki QF , since Saki maybe strong enough to have 29+ characters in the main tournament but since Saki's group so big I am not surprised if Saki assassinations happen early as round 1 even though despite that I think 1-3 Saki characters might sneak to the finals though.
Old 2012-07-29, 19:21   Link #410
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Best of luck for Kirame, Yuu, Arata, Shizu, Ako, Teru, Captain, Momo, Hisa, Yuuki, Ikeda to beat the likes of Akari, Nyarlko, Chitanda etc. ^_^
I'm fairly doubtful about Saki, Nodoka and Koromo's chances as well.
Old 2012-07-29, 19:40   Link #411
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
I agree with assassinations preventing an all Saki QF
An all Saki QF. Oh man. Two tables of crazy mahjong that would be.
Old 2012-07-30, 09:13   Link #412
chaosprophet

Results for Prelims 2 - Group 1
Spoiler for P2G1 Results:

Next match group, Prelims 2 - Group 2
Spoiler for P2G2 List:
Old 2012-07-30, 09:35   Link #413
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...

Spoiler for Group 1:

10-2 (Total 10-2). Izumi miss by a vote, although she'll be fodder either way. Mai-chan don't get to troll this year...

And goodbye to Sui, who barely miss the mark in her own 1st prelim group, along with Kaga Rin, who don't get any love...

At least Haibara makes it again as the fodder. I'm still disappointed at Kuroneko Chiaki, though, only pulling in 2nd Round at max # of votes...

For next group.

<<イングリッド・ソルヴェイク・ソルグリムス(イニ)@アスタロッテのおもちゃ! EX>>
<<鈴木純@映画 けいおん!>>
<<クリス@これはゾンビですか? OF THE DEAD>>
<<アリス(紫苑寺有子)@神様のメモ帳>>
<<宮川あつみ@リコーダーとランドセル シリーズ>>
<<高山マリア@僕は友達が少ない>>
<<加治木ゆみ@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<堂島菜々子@Persona4 the ANIMATION>>
<<星伽白雪@緋弾のアリア>>
<<水蓮寺ルカ@ハヤテのごとく! HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH>>
<<坂本美緒@ストライクウィッチーズ劇場版>>
<<楪いのり@ギルティクラウン>>

Alice is my "Honmei" today.

Last edited by ion475; 2012-07-31 at 10:04.
Old 2012-07-30, 10:35   Link #414
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Picks

<<堂島菜々子@Persona4 the ANIMATION>>
<<先導エミ@カードファイト!!ヴァンガード シリーズ>>
<<羽入@ひぐらしのなく頃に煌>>
<<雪小路野ばら@妖狐×僕SS>>(Maniac!)
<<ショコラーデ@ヨルムンガンド>>
<<アリス(紫苑寺有子)@神様のメモ帳>>
<<桜井先生(桜井泉)@日常>>
<<天城雪子@Persona4 the ANIMATION>>
<<海老原あい(エビ)@Persona4 the ANIMATION>>
<<久慈川りせ@Persona4 the ANIMATION>>
<<どうやら妹萌えらしいあかりの姉(赤座あかね)@ゆるゆり>>
<<黒神めだか@めだかボックス>>

Last edited by Ichuki; 2012-07-30 at 10:47.
Old 2012-07-30, 11:02   Link #415
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
New girl wise, I would say it's something like Toki > Kuro > Subara Kirame ~= Ryuuka ~= Yuu > Arata ~= Ako ~= Shizuno > Teru. Rest are fodders.
Old girl wise, Nodoka ~= Kodomo Koromo > Captain ~= Momo > Buchou ~= Tacos ~= Ikeda ~= Saki. Rest are fodder...

Anyway, 1st group of Prelim, part deux.
<<灰原哀@名探偵コナン シリーズ>>
<<永水女子の黒髪を首元で2つに括った選手(神代小蒔)@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<二条泉@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<森垣友香@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<織田莱香(らいか)@パパのいうことを聞きなさい!>>
<<水上麻衣@日常>>
<<永塚紗季@ロウきゅーぶ!>>
<<三日月夜空@僕は友達が少ない>>
<<姫路瑞希@バカとテストと召喚獣 にっ!>>
<<チアキ・クリハラ@モーレツ宇宙海賊>>
<<シエスタ@ゼロの使い魔F>>
<<上月由仁子(ニコ/スカーレット・レイン)@アクセル・ワールド>>

Heavily supporting Nico and Kuroneko Chiaki. Also hope Haibara makes it, the record needs to continue.

EDIT: Seems like they relax the foreign voting restriction. Finally able to get a code for once, just hopefully people don't abused it (There's a reason why they restrict foreign IP in the first place...)
What reasons? Is it cause they assassinated Japan favorites?
Old 2012-07-30, 11:11   Link #416
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Seems like they relax the foreign voting restriction.
Whoa, can somebody else confirm this?
Old 2012-07-30, 11:19   Link #417
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
9th - 135 votes - Haibara Ai @ Meitantei Conan series
aaand...welcome back fodder.

Laura almost not qualifying makes me sad, although laughing at some of the important characters from other series not qualifying makes it all better.
Old 2012-07-30, 11:46   Link #418
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
aaand...welcome back fodder.
It's almost like tradition for her to make it into the main tournament.

Having been summoned to Japan's Moe Grail War at least 8 times before this 11th one, she's a veteran who knows the ins and outs of Round 1 more than anyone else.
Old 2012-07-30, 14:19   Link #419
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Whoa, can somebody else confirm this?
I was able to get a code and vote yesterday. Of course, today, it's back to no code...

Quote:
What reasons? Is it cause they assassinated Japan favorites?
I'm more concern about fakes and spams and the like. Of course, not liking how foreigners rigged the result so their favorite goes out is another reason...
Old 2012-07-30, 15:42   Link #420
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
I'm more concern about fakes and spams and the like. Of course, not liking how foreigners rigged the result so their favorite goes out is another reason...
>rigged

┐(´д`)┌
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament