AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

View Poll Results: If you were a shinigami, which side would you be on?
Rebels 1 2.86%
The Empire 0 0%
No one, just reap their souls 25 71.43%
Let the food decide... 9 25.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-03-17, 23:14   Link #1
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Exclamation Shinigami wo Tabeta Shoujo (WN/LN)

Title : 死神を食べた少女*(Girl Who Ate a Death God)
Author : Nanasawa Matari 七沢またり
Illustrator : Chomoran
Webnovel : Syosetsu
Translation : Qianweijia

Quote:
What happens when one eats Death?
Personally, I don’t really know. What I do know is merely one thing.
I’m hungry.
Therefore, I’ll take the heads of these guys and deliver them to my superiors.
Surely, I’ll be able to eat delicious food.
Come, if preparations are in order, we depart.
Spoiler for FAQ:

Spoiler for Illustrations:

This is a pretty dark story. It feels so dark yet, enticing. Let there be food for the food god! I mean DEATH GOD!

Last edited by soularc55; 2016-03-22 at 02:21. Reason: new cover
soularc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 00:05   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Completed? Only 34 chapters?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 00:10   Link #3
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Completed? Only 34 chapters?
I know longer stories are up your alley but this story has its own dark charm... come to dark side hentaiga.
Old 2016-03-18, 01:02   Link #4
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Why the hell is everyone choosing the third option? Do you not let the food be the judge? Food is a necessity! Food comes first when it comes to the food god... I mean DEATH GOD.
Old 2016-03-18, 03:32   Link #5
iambill10

Love you Schera. Burn those rebels

Last edited by iambill10; 2016-03-18 at 03:33. Reason: .
iambill10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 03:49   Link #6
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Oooh, not that long & is complete...now this got me interests.

Not gonna' answer the poll cus' I assume you've got to read it first to at least get some backstory.
Old 2016-03-18, 05:05   Link #7
Zefyris
図書館狼

So the topic is in WN but AFAIK the translated version is made with the LN (well, AFAIK) rather than Narou's version.
AFaIK that author's books are quite different in their LN and WN version.

BTW for those who read this title and liked it, there's a prequel to it, called Yuusha, aruiwa bakemono to yobareto shoujo.
Available both in WN and LN as well, and in two volumes.
It explains stuff left unexplained in the first title, as well as feature again some characters (younger) from SwTS.
Old 2016-03-18, 08:35   Link #8
rei_hunter
re-translations

Damn, the tls are half way to the finishline.

God. Please. This is one story with a badass female lead i want to see live and eating food again for an eternity.

Fate/GO Servants : Arthuria, Archer Arthuria, Jeanne Alter, Jack, Shuten, NP2 Minamoto, Tesla, Jeanne, Waver, Cleopatra, Drake, Kiara
Wanted servants : Musashi, Bikini Minamoto, Selena, Herakles.
rei_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-18, 15:01   Link #9
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
So the topic is in WN but AFAIK the translated version is made with the LN (well, AFAIK) rather than Narou's version.
AFaIK that author's books are quite different in their LN and WN version.

BTW for those who read this title and liked it, there's a prequel to it, called Yuusha, aruiwa bakemono to yobareto shoujo.
Available both in WN and LN as well, and in two volumes.
It explains stuff left unexplained in the first title, as well as feature again some characters (younger) from SwTS.
The WN and LN are not too far off but in the LNs, the fights runs smoother I suppose.
Old 2016-03-18, 18:45   Link #10
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by soularc55 View Post
The WN and LN are not too far off but in the LNs, the fights runs smoother I suppose.
Inb the prequel one of the character goes from being one of the characters who dies to a being a character who survive (and do far more things than in the WN across the story too).
And that's not the only difference.
So well, are you really sure that it's the only difference for shinigami wo tabeta shoujo ?
Old 2016-03-18, 19:07   Link #11
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Can't remember but there were other things like extra chapters and scenes and chapter 0 if I remember correctly in the LN that was mentioned. Not really far off exactly I guess.
Old 2016-03-20, 07:32   Link #12
Houraisan Kaguya
月の姫

Quote:
Originally Posted by soularc55 View Post
Why the hell is everyone choosing the third option? Do you not let the food be the judge? Food is a necessity! Food comes first when it comes to the food god... I mean DEATH GOD.
Isn't it more interesting to hunt both sides?
Houraisan Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 08:38   Link #13
aurel1

i read wn version imo the epiloge kinda axed
Old 2016-03-22, 01:18   Link #14
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houraisan Kaguya View Post
Isn't it more interesting to hunt both sides?
That is a sacrilege to not let the food guide you.
Old 2016-03-24, 14:21   Link #15
myopius

I recently went back and finished this WN, after starting it ages ago when I saw someone list it as one of their favorites.

I really liked the protagonist's personality and awesome combat style, but I'd hoped for the story to become more epic. Part of that hope stemmed from how I'd heard that "Yuusha, Aruiwa Bakemono to Yobareta Shoujo" was another work by this author connected to this one.

But I now see that that other work is a prequel, not a direct sequel. So considering that "Yuusha, Aruiwa" doesn't appear to leverage any of the character development of "Shinigami wo Tabeta Shoujo", and is only about the same length as this WN, although I don't want to be spoiled, I'm wondering if it's any more epic, and more importantly, whether there's a protagonist as good as Shera. Would "Yuusha, Aruiwa" satisfy my current desire for an epic WN, or is it something I can read in the future when I'm in the mood for another WN like "Shinigami wo Tabeta Shoujo"?
Old 2016-03-26, 08:43   Link #16
kari-no-sugata II

I've been meaning to comment on this story for some time. Quite an original setup. Somehow, protagonist-chan is kinda cute in dark and weird way. Maybe it's how she's kinda "simple" and faithful to her desires. Feels like it's all going to end badly for her, but who knows. (Well, I could read the raws but happy to wait for the translations).

Could superficially compare this to "katahane no riku" (dark female mc wielding a big polearm) but they're rather different in practice...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 08:23   Link #17
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
I recently went back and finished this WN, after starting it ages ago when I saw someone list it as one of their favorites.

I really liked the protagonist's personality and awesome combat style, but I'd hoped for the story to become more epic. Part of that hope stemmed from how I'd heard that "Yuusha, Aruiwa Bakemono to Yobareta Shoujo" was another work by this author connected to this one.

But I now see that that other work is a prequel, not a direct sequel. So considering that "Yuusha, Aruiwa" doesn't appear to leverage any of the character development of "Shinigami wo Tabeta Shoujo", and is only about the same length as this WN, although I don't want to be spoiled, I'm wondering if it's any more epic, and more importantly, whether there's a protagonist as good as Shera. Would "Yuusha, Aruiwa" satisfy my current desire for an epic WN, or is it something I can read in the future when I'm in the mood for another WN like "Shinigami wo Tabeta Shoujo"?
The prequel is more epic. Like, I don't know abotu the WN, but judging from the LN, the word "epic" and "hero" were invented just to fit that character. After reading the prequel, you'll probably have a hard time to find again another character as epic as Yuusha. That's how much epic she is x).

The prequel features several characters that you see in shinigami wo tabeta shoujo, explaining some motivations, and more importantly, explaining a lot of things that were kept unexplained in SwTS.
I personally like both protagonists around the same. They are very different though, so it will depend of what peoples like here.
Old 2016-06-15, 22:04   Link #18
Ebrie

Pretty great story. It got a tad heavy handed in the middle, but all the characters got their due. Since this is a shared universe, does Flame Ring's setting occur where the Empire used to be?
Ebrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 06:00   Link #19
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrie View Post
Pretty great story. It got a tad heavy handed in the middle, but all the characters got their due. Since this is a shared universe, does Flame Ring's setting occur where the Empire used to be?
AFAIk, karin wo idaita shoujo is happening ona completely different continent than the two other stories. It's called Riberika. The map at the beginning shows the whole riberika continent, that is completely separated from any other, so I don't think we'll see anything from the other two stories (haven't read it yet though), not even sure it's the same verse right now.
Old 2016-08-05, 06:14   Link #20
sierra117
Harem Seeker

can someone give me spoiler for chapter 34.5? i don't find it anywhere
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female mc, hunger, hypocrisy